How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:53 am

Mira wrote:I'm very happy that i learned the "trade a line" concept because losses now are b/e most of the times and winners are pretty large.

However finding good entries has been a real struggle this week.

USDJPYM15.png

*censored - swear word*

USDJPYM15.png
USDJPYM15.png (47.11 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Mira wrote:I'm very happy that i learned the "trade a line" concept because losses now are b/e most of the times and winners are pretty large.

However finding good entries has been a real struggle this week.

USDJPYM15.png

If you haven't already looked at this, I would suggest dropping down to the m5 and using micro S+D cw price action to fine-tune your entries.

You will see that more often then not, if you are frustrated up on the H1 or m30 or wherever and not understanding why price is faffing about when it looks to have a clear path, then drop down and hey, ho, there ya' go, you've got price sitting in a channel of micro S+D Zones, bouncing up and down between them.

Look for one zone to break down and once price cracks through, look for your retrace and you'll get an entry off the return move, usually off the level that was the far edge of the zone (the same way you'd play a Z-Line - and actually often you will find it is a Z-Line).

Mira

Re: It's all about Stops

Postby Mira » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:02 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
In effect, an S+D Zone can act as a retrace zone, just like a candle. So just like you can run a fib over the range of a candle and see a 50% level for the following candle to act inside, you can do the same with an S+D Zone. The candles that push into that zone will respect the fib levels.

Ahhh ok now I got it! :) Thanks!

Sorry, I was referring to my stop loss placement, not the entries.

I’m wondering if using the ATR can give me some edge (statistically).

Yeah, I got that. Think about it, if we look at a 50% Fib level in that Demand Zone, then running it like we would a Z-Line, we would look at price either closing or not closing above / below that line. So you could look at using that 50 and below as a stop level, as if price closes below it, it's likely to keep going. You'd have that stop below to cover that. Closes above and likely to bounce away, so no stop hit.

To get into micro detail, you can run a fib in the lower half of the zone and that level would make a good sl.

ATR is def of use cw S+D.

I confess that it took me a while to understand :oops:
I think I got it by the way!

LEM your idea is very interesting because this S/D indi attached paints the zone + a little space over the pivot.
What I’m going to do is looking for Doji Zones pushing away from those areas (my line in the sand is the doji zone itself) and keeping a hard stop at the end of the S/D area.

This might give me more room if price spikes.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Ahhh ok now I got it! :) Thanks!

Sorry, I was referring to my stop loss placement, not the entries.

I’m wondering if using the ATR can give me some edge (statistically).

Yeah, I got that. Think about it, if we look at a 50% Fib level in that Demand Zone, then running it like we would a Z-Line, we would look at price either closing or not closing above / below that line. So you could look at using that 50 and below as a stop level, as if price closes below it, it's likely to keep going. You'd have that stop below to cover that. Closes above and likely to bounce away, so no stop hit.

To get into micro detail, you can run a fib in the lower half of the zone and that level would make a good sl.

LEM your idea is very interesting because this S/D indi attached paints the zone + a little space over the pivot.
What I’m going to do is looking for Doji Zones pushing away from those areas (my line in the sand is the doji zone itself) and keeping a hard stop at the end of the S/D area.

Sounds like a plan to me! :D

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:55 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Oh Yes It is! :lol:

Thank you again!
The last part is defining targets, after that, i'll be back in the game 8)

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you again!

Turn those fibs on their head. They can be very useful for finding tp targets as well. They let you move stops up tight(er) and then stack your entries if price continues on. Just an extension of the Z-Line and 50% retrace knowledge you already have.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:10 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Thank you again!

Turn those fibs on their head. They can be very useful for finding tp targets as well. They let you move stops up tight(er) and then stack your entries if price continues on. Just an extension of the Z-Line and 50% retrace knowledge you already have.

Projection 1 and 2 are pretty safe (monitored on a lower time frame). I don't know why it works but it does :lol:

EURNZDH1.png
EURNZDH1.png (76.82 KiB) Viewed 2628 times

thank you LEM!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you again!

Projection 1 and 2 are pretty safe (monitored on a lower time frame). I don't know why it works but it does :lol:

EURNZDH1.png

thank you LEM!

Arnie's good with it.

Arnie's good with it..jpg
Arnie's good with it..jpg (25.05 KiB) Viewed 2617 times

Fibs are a self-fulfilling prophecy :P

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:28 pm

MTF analysis.
Price closes back over YOUR line (your hard stop is still far away).

Would you prefer trying to get out at zero (break even) or taking a small loss?

Thanks to everybody [-o<

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Guys, I just started to read a "new" thread. Just take a look :shock:

forex/ninja-platform-t1852

very good stuff from dchappy. I love this approach!

preview:

dchappy wrote:Hi Walt : There is no code . These are the default indicators on Ninja .
You can see the settings I use on the chart , but don't get caught up into thinking that these are magical parameters . You can adjust the numbers to fit your "style" and they will work just as well . The GOLDEN nugget that I have learned from Tro is that price travels from a high to a low & back . Zig & Zag...simple right ? The channel (semafore ) just tells us to "get ready a change is a comin ". The CCI is just a trigger for me . Macd,Stoch,MA crosses, Psych lines ,almost anything would probably work . They are only a point at which to jump into the trade after the semafore appears . I was once an indicator junkie ...Tro has shown me that simpler is better ......Trade well....Chappy
$EURUSD%20%206_2_2009%20(10%20Range).jpg
$EURUSD%20%206_2_2009%20(10%20Range).jpg (112.96 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”