ZLINES...

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Libertarian

Re: ZLINES...

Postby Libertarian » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 am

Hi Mira, I wanted to ask you about the lines, Its something MO does as well, but for example in the pic you posted, then went to the smaller TF Chart, I see the trades and the patterns you would have traded on the smaller TF. How do the larger horizontal lines make any difference? I don't see what they add. Just wondering your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Mira wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:
Mira wrote:I don't know if it's me that i never learned or if Zlines ARE frustrating: the more you focus on a pattern (let's say a "shape"), the more you fail.
Think about it.. everybody can see a pattern! Everybody can see a 2x bar or a BO/BI, but if they trade them blindly they will lose.

Then if you can give a strong context to your zones the story changes, i.e.:

- look for zlines pushing away from a bigger S/R
- look for zlines pushing away from bigger tf zlines
- look for zlines forming at new extremes
- look if opposite momentum is increasing
- look for any kind of confluence
- look if your momentum already hit the target and so on

Again.. i dont' know if i'm wrong or not.. but i'm sure that you know that the shape is just a recipient.

Let me know if it helps [-o<

To be honest, the zlines have made me feel like I'm stupid, apparently so simple but I've never managed to be consistent. what has made me move forward is to see how people in this forum have become very profitable and master this method very well. I have done everything possible to understand the zlines, I have spent whole nights studying and seeing examples of traders earning hundreds of pips, while I am not able to do 10 pips a day consistently. I am struck by your new approach, could you give some example?
thank you very much friend.

I'm glad to help! :D

BTW i felt the same.. and sometimes i STILL feel the same :oops: but one time MO told me: perfection is not a destination, is a path!
Never give up and we'll get there!!

Just place on the chart some major S/R (most of the times they are spaced the same), here i used big candle closes:

1.png

Then drop 2 tfs and watch how price reacts around your lines. ATM i like taking two closes and wait for a momentum to break in the opposite direction (a sort of Fat Cat, nothing of my property lol).. but every method is the same as long as price reaches the S/R with momo, stops a little and then reverse with momo. Wait for a wick and take profits when you can.

2.png

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:29 am

The 'direction of profit': want it, wait for it :lol:

Candle color, bullish signal on the line chart, possible 40 SMA cross, bullishness near the 40 SMA after the cross, cross of the 40 SMA on the H4 chart, bullishness when price nears the 40 SMA on the H4...a change in the direction for the 40 SMA.

Do not buy red candles: wait for the close between two lines of interest and enter as price leaves the area.

If you feel that the trigger is too far away then enter between triggers and adjust the lines accordingly.

...or do whatever you want, what do i care? :wink:

DOP.png
DOP.png (137.56 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
dop2.png
dop2.png (8.6 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:48 am

Libertarian wrote:Hi Mira, I wanted to ask you about the lines, Its something MO does as well, but for example in the pic you posted, then went to the smaller TF Chart, I see the trades and the patterns you would have traded on the smaller TF. How do the larger horizontal lines make any difference? I don't see what they add. Just wondering your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Mira wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:

To be honest, the zlines have made me feel like I'm stupid, apparently so simple but I've never managed to be consistent. what has made me move forward is to see how people in this forum have become very profitable and master this method very well. I have done everything possible to understand the zlines, I have spent whole nights studying and seeing examples of traders earning hundreds of pips, while I am not able to do 10 pips a day consistently. I am struck by your new approach, could you give some example?
thank you very much friend.

I'm glad to help! :D

BTW i felt the same.. and sometimes i STILL feel the same :oops: but one time MO told me: perfection is not a destination, is a path!
Never give up and we'll get there!!

Just place on the chart some major S/R (most of the times they are spaced the same), here i used big candle closes:

1.png

Then drop 2 tfs and watch how price reacts around your lines. ATM i like taking two closes and wait for a momentum to break in the opposite direction (a sort of Fat Cat, nothing of my property lol).. but every method is the same as long as price reaches the S/R with momo, stops a little and then reverse with momo. Wait for a wick and take profits when you can.

2.png

Hi Libertarian!

In that post I drawed the bigger lines on D1 closes (big candle closes).
Just drop two timeframes and see how patterns tend to cluster around those lines.

Why Lem trades back into the candle body?
I think that is because, like MO said, a close is a pattern and a wick is a breakout.

I hope it helps!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 am

Current eurjpy
Attachments
EURJPYM15.png
EURJPYM15.png (38.98 KiB) Viewed 2647 times

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 am

usdjpy current
Attachments
USDJPYM15.png
USDJPYM15.png (41.89 KiB) Viewed 2628 times

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:12 am

arkan1976 wrote:Current eurjpy

2018-03-27_1307.png
2018-03-27_1307.png (41.3 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

PTG

Re:

Postby PTG » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 am

IgazI wrote:The 'direction of profit': want it, wait for it :lol:

Candle color, bullish signal on the line chart, possible 40 SMA cross, bullishness near the 40 SMA after the cross, cross of the 40 SMA on the H4 chart, bullishness when price nears the 40 SMA on the H4...a change in the direction for the 40 SMA.

Do not buy red candles: wait for the close between two lines of interest and enter as price leaves the area.

If you feel that the trigger is too far away then enter between triggers and adjust the lines accordingly.

DOP.pngdop2.png

I can almost smell (a) MO... :smt031 :shock: :P
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

IgazI

Re: Re:

Postby IgazI » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

PTG wrote:

Thanks, you're pretty mighty yourself.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

arkan1976

Re: Re:

Postby arkan1976 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:22 pm

PTG wrote:
IgazI wrote:The 'direction of profit': want it, wait for it :lol:

DOP.pngdop2.png

hahahaha

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 pm

PTG wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:Current eurjpy

2018-03-27_1307.png

hi PTG,
when you advise me to close the trade, when close a candle in 15min or 1h?

Return to “beginners forum”