The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Does anyone use pivots in there trading. For whatever reason they have just kind of caught my eye. Feel they could be useful on days when price isn't really giving a good idea of what its doing or where it may go. I'm not the best day trader and normally need something from the higher time frame to give me a trade. thinking maybe pivots would be able to help me get better at scalping.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:48 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:You cant tell me that the crash zone isn't the greatest thing since slice bread. Look how it lines up with the target of the triangle setup. Freakin perfect. That's the kind of confluence that's builds your account. 1st entry was simple support turned resistance, next was a 4hr momo play, 3rd was break of triangle, 4th was support turned resistance. Over a 1,000 pips. Easily could have doubled or tripled your account in a week or 2. Keep it simple guys and wait for the easy setups.

gbpjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png1.png

Want to post a link to the crash zone you are using?

II_CrashZone_mod.mq4
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

II_CrashZone.mq4
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Spot on Mira. You have pretty much nailed it.

The issues I have with the Sam S. stuff is that I think he puts too much stock in really old zones, which to me are more like Support + Resistance lines.

Anyway, to build on Mira's thoughts, one way to build a zone is by looking for a large engulfing candle, showing enough oomph to turn the herd.

Classically, you will find that you'll be told the upper edge is to the wicks and the bottom edge to the body. I'm not as anal on that. Each to their own and all that.

You will also find that there are four ''types'' of formation on which you can build zones:

1: Drop into Base into Climb
2: Climb into Base into Drop
3: Climb into Base into Climb
4: Drop into Base into Drop

You'll see and recognise this as contraction into breakout etc etc et al.

I am the first to admit that I can see the zones without necessarily being able to explain why. I have always been good at pattern-recognition. So the way I learned the classic technique was to have the zones in front of me and then deconstruct them to find the reasons why they were drawn there.

Yep! I agree with you, thanks LeM!

I started to see zones using big candle closes (based on MO’s suggestion) and stopping to hard look at some particular candlestick formation (it drove me crazy, for real :shock: ).

The hard part for me was learning that “Is not what you trade but how you trade” :D
But SLOWLY I’m getting there! Thanks everybody for your help!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Does anyone use pivots in there trading. For whatever reason they have just kind of caught my eye. Feel they could be useful on days when price isn't really giving a good idea of what its doing or where it may go. I'm not the best day trader and normally need something from the higher time frame to give me a trade. thinking maybe pivots would be able to help me get better at scalping.

Nice idea! We should try!
I need to learn to code some basic stuff.. I was thinking that DAILY lines from EIGHTS could work in a similar way!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Nice double top with, with its measured move putting price right at R turned S. Slidding parallels give a nice possible place to enter (also look at the 4hr chart def a place I would look to enter at).

eurusd-d1-fx-choice-limited.png
eurusd-d1-fx-choice-limited.png (49.28 KiB) Viewed 1778 times

Looking at the weekly makes me like it even more.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:59 pm

These are more or less for me and to see how price plays out.
Attachments
euraud-h1-oanda-division1.png
euraud-h1-oanda-division1.png (55.86 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1-2.png
gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1-2.png (42.94 KiB) Viewed 1766 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm

eurjpy-h1-fx-choice-limited.png
eurjpy-h1-fx-choice-limited.png (38.81 KiB) Viewed 1755 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Last one
Attachments
usdcad-d1-fx-choice-limited.png
usdcad-d1-fx-choice-limited.png (50.67 KiB) Viewed 1754 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Mira wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Does anyone use pivots in there trading. For whatever reason they have just kind of caught my eye. Feel they could be useful on days when price isn't really giving a good idea of what its doing or where it may go. I'm not the best day trader and normally need something from the higher time frame to give me a trade. thinking maybe pivots would be able to help me get better at scalping.

I need to learn to code some basic stuff.. I was thinking that DAILY lines from EIGHTS could work in a similar way!

Scalping off pivots is a whole new bottle of wine! :lol:

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:53 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Scalping off pivots is a whole new bottle of wine! :lol:

Well pop the cork and pour it up.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”