v8power

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thanks MO
I didn't get what you're saying about position sizing :(

I marked this 30 minute chart for you Mira.

The idea is simple, the older the data the larger the chart & the larger the chart the wider the lines.

Your entry line on the H1 zone could be one H1 line below the H4 zone and that would look good.

Be ever mindful of the sum of your risk-box and how many segments that you are putting at risk; if you can
do this one thing then you can risk your money however you see fit.

EIGHTS tricks you to managing your money well:
Before you might have risked 2% per trade but the risk-box forces you to break it up into say 8 segments of .25% of which you will risk around
2 segments or .5%
Before you might have spread your risk over 10 pips but the segments force you to trade a width based on price movement and age of data.
Before you might have took partial profits at 2.5 pips where as now you look at it as 2.5/10 pips or 25% of your zone (.5 lines)

for_Mira.png

If you feel that you could write a book on how to use pitchforks then by all means use them, but if you are just learning then I would suggest that you stick to horizontal lines and focus on managing your money.

Would I have put this magic angle on my chart? Sexy as it is, no I would not.
& there are a great many ideas from the past that I have set aside in favor of T-R-O.

for_mira2.png

Risking 0.25% is great if your pulling in 10-20r like V8.
If not, I don't see the profitability in it.

The last 2 nights I stayed up till 4am listening to ICT ramble.
This is the last month and he is gone.
I can tell the guy is burnt to a cinder from daily webinars.
Having a REAL job is hard work!!!

I'm going to start studying some posts in this thread instead and make it a 1-2hr London open church session.
Time to get religion.

;-)

Don't worry about how other people trade, worry about yourself. What if I offered to fund a 1 million dollar account to trade. The only rules were you had to trade only the way I traded. The first time you placed a trade that wasn't part of my trade plan you lost access to the account. How would you trade. Consistenly taking every trade that presented itself whether win or lose. Or would you be thinking about someother style.

Oh risking .25% on a HTF trade is crazy. I prefer .1%.

Yea this is all hypothetical. Maybe. Maybe not :mrgreen:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:24 am

So hopefully Mira wont mind, but I'm gonna post everything that I use in my trading and where I got it from.

Chart patterns (rectangles, triangles) Suri's book "trade the charts like the pro's"

Pitchforks
http://www.medianline.com/
https://marketgeometry.com/

Joe Ross
His ebook day trading the forex market. http://www.tradingeducators.com/ebooks- ... ding-forex
Plus his free TLOC and TTE method

Some good vid's by bredin
https://www.youtube.com/user/insanity8598/

threads
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=627517
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/ ... ers.99283/
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=487923

This website opened my eyes
http://learningcenter.fxstreet.com/

I haven't bothered with any Sam Seidion stuff yet, all his videos just seem like repeating of the same s**t over and over. So nothing from that yet.

There are a lot of random post that have shaped my views, if you can pinpoint a idea and give me about a week I will happily find the corresponding threads.

If you think I may have omitted any possible info by accident/or purposefully feel free to say something. Im very much human and make mistakes all the time.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:50 am

Its all about pivots.

eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png (48.35 KiB) Viewed 4152 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:10 am

v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

Don't worry about how other people trade, worry about yourself. What if I offered to fund a 1 million dollar account to trade. The only rules were you had to trade only the way I traded. The first time you placed a trade that wasn't part of my trade plan you lost access to the account. How would you trade. Consistenly taking every trade that presented itself whether win or lose. Or would you be thinking about someother style.

Oh risking .25% on a HTF trade is crazy. I prefer .1%.

Yea this is all hypothetical. Maybe. Maybe not :mrgreen:

I would not need all that mumbo jumbo pile of links you listed above.
I would only need your rules and system that you have gleaned from it all.

They say traders cannot trade like any other and must come up with their own methodology or system.
I disagree.
It all depends on your goal.
The turtles did it.

Is my goal to do my JOB?
Or is my goal to be a GUN SLINGIN COWBOY? :lol:

LMAO!!
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am

v8power wrote:Its all about pivots.

eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png

Thanks V8

upload pic
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Sarza

Postby Sarza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi Mira.
I think You won't be mad on me if I post some charts here
We are both learning, so we can help each other. I cant wait to MO rate my post positive or not. I see too many trade today and must share this. :)

I wont to learn trade zero line on HTF with S/R, PA and other things I see here from MO mainly. I thing HTF trades with high RR and "risk lines"(with I don't understand yet) can be very profitable.

First USD/JPY. -> D1 trend down, H4 ZL, S/R and 123 from M15. Same thing on EUR/USD and GBP/USD but I wont abuse Your hospitality.
I don't trade this - it is new method for me - but I look at this live and it's looking awesome. :lol:
Attachments
usdjpy h4.jpg
usdjpy h4.jpg (251.12 KiB) Viewed 4406 times
usdjpy m15.jpg
usdjpy m15.jpg (249.02 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 am

Sarza wrote:Hi Mira.
I think You won't be mad on me if I post some charts here
We are both learning, so we can help each other. I cant wait to MO rate my post positive or not. I see too many trade today and must share this. :)

I wont to learn trade zero line on HTF with S/R, PA and other things I see here from MO mainly. I thing HTF trades with high RR and "risk lines"(with I don't understand yet) can be very profitable.

First USD/JPY. -> D1 trend down, H4 ZL, S/R and 123 from M15. Same thing on EUR/USD and GBP/USD but I wont abuse Your hospitality.
I don't trade this - it is new method for me - but I look at this live and it's looking awesome. :lol:

Hi Sarza :D

You can post here all the posts you want, the more the better!

About your chart: well done! Keep doing what you're doing.. you are following exactly the right way!
I suggest you to focus on EIGHTS (lines) too because it changes your trading forever.

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:16 pm

This is my Vision

TRAPS.png
TRAPS.png (24.77 KiB) Viewed 4316 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 am

How can I know if price is expanding to a bigger range or if it's just breaking out/in to create a price level?
Months ago I asked Jala what a "fake out" is, he replied me that it's just a return to a pattern on a bigger timeframe.

Now that I know something more my doubts evolved :D

I mean, thinking at those words an extreme/pivot is just a return to a pattern.. so why I should place my stop loss there? And how can reversal be a good idea? :shock:

This is making no sense in my head.. if I go up with timeframes I'd need to push my stop higher/lower timeframe after timeframe. Or not?

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Mira wrote:How can I know if price is expanding to a bigger range or if it's just breaking out/in to create a price level?
Months ago I asked Jala what a "fake out" is, he replied me that it's just a return to a pattern on a bigger timeframe.

Now that I know something more my doubts evolved :D

I mean, thinking at those words an extreme/pivot is just a return to a pattern.. so why I should place my stop loss there? And how can reversal be a good idea? :shock:

This is making no sense in my head.. if I go up with timeframes I'd need to push my stop higher/lower timeframe after timeframe. Or not?

I remember pebbletrader saying that when he trades he's like a laser, meaning that he's very focussed on price action and his emotive and cognitive state whilst he's engaged in a trade...

At the end of the day stop placement is all about how greedy or fearful you are... the larger the SL size the greater the fear.... BUT if we do stop placement with OPM and commit to not taking a full stop (scaling out/cutting lot size) then we are able to create scale when things go our way...

Getting into a trade is easy (as long as it follows your entry criteria), managing the trade and managing yourself is the hard part... If you have good money management and risk acceptance then managing the trade becomes easier...

Being aggressive and successful with scaling OPM is the secret to success in this game...

I know you guys use the Eights Line Method to great effect, but this is how I attacked the EURJPY during yesterdays NY Session...

Big Picture overview and what I saw (all zones where established BEFORE they became zones and targeted - Trade towards a zone)

Trading towards the Cone on the H4 - Looking for entry opportunity short...

See it in your mind... See it in the charts

Little messy but by trading within my initial parameters set off of the large chart I managed to work a fantastic amount of growth out of the move towards the cone... as long as my Zlines and Trendlines held I held and added and scaled and adjusted...

FX Synergy makes it REALLY easy to do such things like adding to a trade and moving your stop so that you normalize your risk...

The vision becomes the mission became the reality... just make sure you have your IF / THEN rules in place and your lot size while normalizing risk with OPM...

Know what can go wrong and ensure you adjust by scaling down (halving your position size) and seeing what happens next and then applying that profit into your next trade IF that trade is still ON...

Stop Placement can be as close to or as far away from price, just ensure you have the right ideas about price and know what to do if you are wrong without losing everything you have worked so hard to attain (OPM BUFFER) the rest falls into place...

Keep practicing around areas where you expect price to DO certain things and you will eventually get it...
:smt065

Return to “TheRumpledOne”