How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Mira wrote:
v8power wrote:
v8power wrote:Last one. I have posted around a half dozen HTF charts and how to trade them (AND IN ADVANCE SO NO CHERRY PICKING). Its the same over and over.

gbpusd-d1-fx-choice-limited.png


Took a loss on the first attempt. Price then retraced some more (right into a doji box and support). Dropped down the the 1hr and found a doji box to get my entry @ .2960 sl @ .2930. TP is off the weekly zline at .3260. 300 pips from a 30 pip sl :mrgreen: .

gbpusd-d1-fx-choice-limited.pnggbpusd-h1-fx-choice-limited.pnggbpusd-w1-fx-choice-limited.png


Nice reversal :shock:
How have you decided for that target?
I'd have been out after 30 pips in profit :lol:

Thanks!


A few things went into that decision. 1 since my SL was at/under an extreme (giving me a chance to hold for more then 30) and the zline of the weekly bar gave me a real target to aim for.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:03 pm

You ready to start are little challenge together on Monday? I'll be trading GU and EJ during US open looking at 15m and 1hr charts only. How about you.

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

This quote by MO should be the cornerstone for deciding onto whether you hold for 20-30 pips or 300 pips.

"The decision to hold is based on longer term charts, not the 5 minute.

Remember that you need position at a longer term extreme if you are to hold for longer periods of time."

This one idea can take your gains to a whole new world.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1250
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 pm

v8power wrote:You ready to start are little challenge together on Monday? I'll be trading GU and EJ during US open looking at 15m and 1hr charts only. How about you.


Thanks V8!

I'm ready! NY open is around 15:00 here so it's ok to me.
So charts bigger than H1 are excluded?
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Mira wrote:
v8power wrote:You ready to start are little challenge together on Monday? I'll be trading GU and EJ during US open looking at 15m and 1hr charts only. How about you.


Thanks V8!

I'm ready! NY open is around 15:00 here so it's ok to me.
So charts bigger than H1 are excluded?


You can trade at whatever time suits you best, but that's the time Im gonna use. Even if we cant trade on days we can still do mark ups after the fact. Bigger charts wont be excluded but my goal is for me to take an idea and learn it, understand it the way its being taught and then break it down into super simple terms.

Bigger charts wont be excluded, but they will be more of an "after idea" of how to add value to the trade. I don't want to start with to many moving parts in the beginning. Start simple and slowly add.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1250
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:37 pm

v8power wrote:
Mira wrote:
v8power wrote:You ready to start are little challenge together on Monday? I'll be trading GU and EJ during US open looking at 15m and 1hr charts only. How about you.


Thanks V8!

I'm ready! NY open is around 15:00 here so it's ok to me.
So charts bigger than H1 are excluded?


You can trade at whatever time suits you best, but that's the time Im gonna use. Even if we cant trade on days we can still do mark ups after the fact. Bigger charts wont be excluded but my goal is for me to take an idea and learn it, understand it the way its being taught and then break it down into super simple terms.

Bigger charts wont be excluded, but they will be more of an "after idea" of how to add value to the trade. I don't want to start with to many moving parts in the beginning. Start simple and slowly add.



Ok I got it, I'm going to look at H1 and 15m too.
Not more.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1250
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am

Early chart

IMG_1200.PNG
IMG_1200.PNG (86.35 KiB) Viewed 719 times

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:45 am

Mira wrote:Early chart

IMG_1200.PNG


Explain what you see and how you might trade it.

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby v8power » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 am

Ok, I lied. Were gonna look at some HTF charts. But that's just to show how you take a day trade and turn it into a DWM trades. Your gonna love the charts I post tomorrow.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1738
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:05 am

v8power wrote:Ok, I lied. Were gonna look at some HTF charts. But that's just to show how you take a day trade and turn it into a DWM trades. Your gonna love the charts I post tomorrow.


Taking SIZE for a ride is one of the fundamental tenets of making money.
I can't tell you how many times I've said "had I only looked at the H4/D/W/M..." :cry:

Short-term, if your entry area looks like a used coloring book then you should rethink your entry.
If you are going to trade from the middle then decide which way you are going and enter on the silver line;
same thing with trading away from an open price, wait for price to move in the opposite direction of your bias
and then use the open price as a trigger with x number of lines as a stop loss.

If you were just looking at the M15 then you had no idea when price would continue to decline but had you looked at the
H4 then there were a few clues.

USDJPYM15.png
USDJPYM15.png (55.01 KiB) Viewed 678 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”