Daily Plus

discussion on fundamentals influence on rule-based trading

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 41
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Re: Daily Plus

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 am

Incredible

StunningH4.png
StunningH4.png (71.12 KiB) Viewed 649 times
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 6
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Daily Plus

Postby JESGPY » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 pm

I once tried to understand cones..

never got it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



pablo101 wrote:Incredible

StunningH4.png

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 41
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Re: Daily Plus

Postby pablo101 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:19 am

JESGPY wrote:I once tried to understand cones..

never got it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pablo101 wrote:Incredible

StunningH4.png


Using your eyes if you turn my H4 chart just 10 degrees counter clockwise you see my angled lines are other's zero horizontal lines. It would be nice to turn the candles 10 degrees counter clockwise too so you can see the entire picture.

Anyway, MO keeps saying 15 degrees but you just experiment around this number. The lines keep moving off degrees in MT4 TL tool so I found it useless and I don't get how MO, Jal and others play with the angles with the TL tool, it was quite frustrating.

My workaround is to use the channel tool in MT4 post134816#p134816.

Once I got angle lines not moving all the time, I started drawing cones where I think it fits congestion/ranges since it's 70% of the market structure.

Continue playing with it and you notice the expansion after a legit breakout are cone-ish. AND it's happens in all timeframes.

This nugget by MO helps:

cones1.png
cones1.png (179.22 KiB) Viewed 618 times


I don't have all answers, trust me on that, but cones help me a lot looking at high interest levels.

halfreverse.png
halfreverse.png (81.18 KiB) Viewed 617 times
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 41
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Re: Daily Plus

Postby pablo101 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:34 am

Also, if you''re going to play with cones, use 30 min and under to find your angles.

resize30mins [2].jpg
resize30mins [2].jpg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 613 times
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

forexjpn
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm
Reputation: 69
Gender: Male

Re: Daily Plus

Postby forexjpn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:42 am

“The lines keep moving off degrees in MT4 TL tool so I found it useless and I don't get how MO, Jal and others play with the angles with the TL tool, it was quite frustrating.”

Hey Pablo,
I remember MO posting that after you set the line with a ‘TrendByAngle’ you replace it with the a regular ’Trendline’, which stays in place regardless of zooming in/out or TF etc.
I imagine it’s the same as your work-around.
(please ignore if you already knew this)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 41
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Re: Daily Plus

Postby pablo101 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:44 am

forexjpn wrote:“The lines keep moving off degrees in MT4 TL tool so I found it useless and I don't get how MO, Jal and others play with the angles with the TL tool, it was quite frustrating.”

Hey Pablo,
I remember MO posting that after you set the line with a ‘TrendByAngle’ you replace it with the a regular ’Trendline’, which stays in place regardless of zooming in/out or TF etc.
I imagine it’s the same as your work-around.
(please ignore if you already knew this)


I tried that but I have also seen trendlines move around, too. I just felt the channel tool was more consistent.

Thanks buddy!
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 6
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Daily Plus

Postby JESGPY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Hey!

thanks for the time explaining..

Still not getting it LOL.

Gotta work on my trading psychology, then look on new tools.




pablo101 wrote:
JESGPY wrote:I once tried to understand cones..

never got it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pablo101 wrote:Incredible

StunningH4.png


Using your eyes if you turn my H4 chart just 10 degrees counter clockwise you see my angled lines are other's zero horizontal lines. It would be nice to turn the candles 10 degrees counter clockwise too so you can see the entire picture.

Anyway, MO keeps saying 15 degrees but you just experiment around this number. The lines keep moving off degrees in MT4 TL tool so I found it useless and I don't get how MO, Jal and others play with the angles with the TL tool, it was quite frustrating.

My workaround is to use the channel tool in MT4 post134816#p134816.

Once I got angle lines not moving all the time, I started drawing cones where I think it fits congestion/ranges since it's 70% of the market structure.

Continue playing with it and you notice the expansion after a legit breakout are cone-ish. AND it's happens in all timeframes.

This nugget by MO helps:

cones1.png

I don't have all answers, trust me on that, but cones help me a lot looking at high interest levels.

halfreverse.png

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 304
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Which one is it...?

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Image

Image

Image
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line!
Reaching out to embrace the random!
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come!

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 304
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Fuk'it one more...

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:09 pm

[img]undefined[/img]

Image
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line!
Reaching out to embrace the random!
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come!

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 304
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

fractal... ;)

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Image
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line!
Reaching out to embrace the random!
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “fundamentals”