NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:36 am

Humble wrote:Hi Phil, I have no idea how to code. I am keen to follow the range bar concept since I started watching dchappy's posts last year. If he is watching and has the time, perhaps he could set up a range bar chart on mt4 with the same settings as he uses on Ninja and see if the bars form the same?

In my chart above I can not really see how they form. The x & y you asked about are my own doodling. I used the regression channel indi to show only the centre line. Other than that my interest is in MO's teachings rather than Semafors and HA candles.


Hi Humble,
Thanks for the reply. I did get a Renko bar indi from Flinux which points me in a direction how i can setup my own rangebars.
I wish you all the best and good luck with trading.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Phil wrote:Results


Interesting point reached in this chart.

To the eye you took a trade with the trend after a pullback. Good.
However if you are using the semafor for your trades, you took a trade against the "3". Not so good.
Now watch the "2" & "3" change places, so the semafor looks good in hindsite.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Humble wrote:
Phil wrote:Results


Interesting point reached in this chart.

To the eye you took a trade with the trend after a pullback. Good.
However if you are using the semafor for your trades, you took a trade against the "3". Not so good.
Now watch the "2" & "3" change places, so the semafor looks good in hindsite.


Yes, i took the trade against the Sema 3. But i also trade when a sema 2 occurs. Currently i do not think whether a 3 has occurred so i can´t take the trade when the 2 is coming.
For me this works ok. So when i see the oppertunity, sema 2 or 3, ha and cci agree i jump in.
Phil

dchappy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 pm
Reputation: 3
Gender: Male

Postby dchappy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 am

Humble wrote:Hi Phil, I have no idea how to code. I am keen to follow the range bar concept since I started watching dchappy's posts last year. If he is watching and has the time, perhaps he could set up a range bar chart on mt4 with the same settings as he uses on Ninja and see if the bars form the same?

In my chart above I can not really see how they form. The x & y you asked about are my own doodling. I used the regression channel indi to show only the centre line. Other than that my interest is in MO's teachings rather than Semafors and HA candles.
Attachments
range_bars_wlas_v09.zip
Someone sent me this range converter ..but I have'nt used it so can't say how accuraate it is ...Monalisa was using a good one but it was'nt free ..around $40 if I remember correctly . Can be found on the ForexFactory site ..
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:26 am

dchappy wrote:
Humble wrote:Hi Phil, I have no idea how to code. I am keen to follow the range bar concept since I started watching dchappy's posts last year. If he is watching and has the time, perhaps he could set up a range bar chart on mt4 with the same settings as he uses on Ninja and see if the bars form the same?

In my chart above I can not really see how they form. The x & y you asked about are my own doodling. I used the regression channel indi to show only the centre line. Other than that my interest is in MO's teachings rather than Semafors and HA candles.


Thanks Chap,
However i allready have this one, in fact i do have a newer version. I was wondering about the formula´s inside the code. When a new bar begins etc, what to do when price jumps up 20 pips or more within seconds etc.
The thing what bothers me the most is the inaccurate time display below the range bars, thats why i thought that i need to re-code it.

Thanks, Phil

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Results.
Sema at the open of NY.
Price came close to my sl, but did turn to the positive side :)


User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:54 am

ok, this trade totally flushed away my profit of the last 3 weeks. I decided to increase my lotsize to a minilot, took the entry and price jumped up as if they waited for someone to enter...
Any if you know what i did wrong?
Anyway, not letting this setback taking away my joy. I will recover!



Enjoy this lovely day, Phil

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:02 am

so now what?
Today trading is not going the way i would like it to go, lost 20% of my account. Entered 3 times, when the conditions agreed (Sema 3, HA and CCI color match at close of bar) I entered after the price bar did close.

One thing is that i did overtrade to ´try´ to make up my losses. Thought i had get rid of that, but not yet so.
But beside the overtrading issue, i have a sense that i must be missing something.
Could anyone have a look at the entries on the chart and give any feedback? Also does anyone has experiences starting with microlots and increasing lotsize after a winning period?
I just continue this method, but i must admit that my confidence gets crushed a bit today.

Any input would be great.



Enjoy this beautiful day!
Phil

User avatar
flinux
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:52 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby flinux » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Phil,

- Open position when the market has just opened (Frankfurt, London, New York, Tokyo)
- If the first position opened it's stopped AND there was a breakout of a "3" semafor, DO NOT OPEN OTHER POSITIONS !!!
- Sometimes the market is trending and sometimes the market is swinging.
If the market is trending, go with the trend: DON'T TRY TO PICK THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM, YOU'LL FAIL MOST OF THE TIMES!!!!
If the market is swinging you can open positions every time you want (you don't have to wait for market opening), suggestion: help yourself with bollinger bands during swinging market.
- Repeat with me :) "I don't overtrade when I lost a position... I don't overtrade when I lost a position... I don't overtrade when I lost a position"

Don't worry! I'm happy you failed, because NOW you know that you don't have to:

- Predict market movements!
- Go against the trend!

I also know that you'll recover all of your lost and you'll earn a lot of money :D

So, today you have to close metatrader.
Tomorrow will be a better trading day !!!!

Have a nice day!
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

User avatar
Phil
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 pm

flinux wrote:Hi Phil,

- Open position when the market has just opened (Frankfurt, London, New York, Tokyo)
- If the first position opened it's stopped AND there was a breakout of a "3" semafor, DO NOT OPEN OTHER POSITIONS !!!
- Sometimes the market is trending and sometimes the market is swinging.
If the market is trending, go with the trend: DON'T TRY TO PICK THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM, YOU'LL FAIL MOST OF THE TIMES!!!!
If the market is swinging you can open positions every time you want (you don't have to wait for market opening), suggestion: help yourself with bollinger bands during swinging market.
- Repeat with me :) "I don't overtrade when I lost a position... I don't overtrade when I lost a position... I don't overtrade when I lost a position"

Don't worry! I'm happy you failed, because NOW you know that you don't have to:

- Predict market movements!
- Go against the trend!

I also know that you'll recover all of your lost and you'll earn a lot of money :D

So, today you have to close metatrader.
Tomorrow will be a better trading day !!!!

Have a nice day!


Thanks Flinux,
I guess I´ll have to do a lot of homework!
I think I need to read on on trending vs non trending. What do you use to determine whether the market is trending or not? Is it ok to say that when the regression channel is up or down, price is trending?
Also how do you apply the Bollinger bands? How are your renko bars doing?
?I will not overtrade when I lose, I will not overtrade when I lose, I will not overtrade when I lose?
Yes, it was a very hard/painful/costing lesson today. Sometimes stubbornness can be so costing?
Anyone been there besides me?
Thanks for the feedback.
Enjoy your day, Phil

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “forex”