TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Non-trading weekly recap

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:13 pm

This week was something new and weird and raised some thoughts for me to think about...
My main objective for the week was just to study and memorize a mental checklist I made for myself, to help train my eyes and brain to more instinctively go with the flow of what I am trying to read from my charts. (yes, I admit, sometimes I may make things more difficult than they need to be; I can't help it sometimes...I have a habit of thinking that hard work can actually be beneficial?? :smt102 )

The main list is titled:
Trading Checklist to Get Zline Mentally Prepped When you Turn on Your Trading Station, Non-Expert Trader Krane

Seriously.

And my secondary list is titled:
[font=comic sans ms]KEEP IN MIND WHEN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING ZLINE TRADES:[/font]

So, I really just wanted to memorize the two. I had intended to do some trading this week as well, but a weird thing happened, I realized I was scared. I didn't even want to turn on my trading station. Now I know that I had a lot on my mind outside of Forex trading, a few family affairs and bits of organizing that I had to get involved with, but still, it definitely was a terrible feeling, just getting overcome by a lack of confidence like that. Maybe I really just did have a lot on my mind altogether.

Either way,

Repugnant.

So I guess I reopen a demo or just commit to trading half size, till I grow back another pair of balls (mine disappeared somehow.) Ugh, necessary evils I have to take ( :arrow: demo accts)

So I thought, if I'm going to be a self-employed trader, I probably can't have too many days, or even a week when I am overcome by feelings like this. I realized that despite how much I tell people and [highlight=black]MYSELF [/highlight]that being independent is my goal in trading Forex, in all reality, it will probably be scary as hell for me the day I turn my back on a (more or less) 'guaranteed' check from an employer [despite how barely sufficient it might be.] It was scary and kind of sad to realize that I actually might have an inner fear of being independent, that I might be more plugged into the The Matrix {read: Rat Race} than I realized.

So I wondered:
{for me}If I have an underlying fear in having myself as the sole provider of my own income, could this be something that limits my ability to be confident and trade consistently?

(I'm sure people who decide to start their own business in other types of areas have a similar fear that they need to conquer...)

-One more demon to fight,
Image
~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Re: Non-trading weekly recap

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:40 pm

TygerKrane wrote:This week was something new and weird and raised some thoughts for me to think about...
My main objective for the week was just to study and memorize a mental checklist I made for myself, to help train my eyes and brain to more instinctively go with the flow of what I am trying to read from my charts. (yes, I admit, sometimes I may make things more difficult than they need to be; I can't help it sometimes...I have a habit of thinking that hard work can actually be beneficial?? :smt102 )

The main list is titled:
Trading Checklist to Get Zline Mentally Prepped When you Turn on Your Trading Station, Non-Expert Trader Krane

Seriously.

And my secondary list is titled:
[font=comic sans ms]KEEP IN MIND WHEN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING ZLINE TRADES:[/font]

So, I really just wanted to memorize the two. I had intended to do some trading this week as well, but a weird thing happened, I realized I was scared. I didn't even want to turn on my trading station. Now I know that I had a lot on my mind outside of Forex trading, a few family affairs and bits of organizing that I had to get involved with, but still, it definitely was a terrible feeling, just getting overcome by a lack of confidence like that. Maybe I really just did have a lot on my mind altogether.

Either way,

Repugnant.

So I guess I reopen a demo or just commit to trading half size, till I grow back another pair of balls (mine disappeared somehow.) Ugh, necessary evils I have to take ( :arrow: demo accts)

So I thought, if I'm going to be a self-employed trader, I probably can't have too many days, or even a week when I am overcome by feelings like this. I realized that despite how much I tell people and [highlight=black]MYSELF [/highlight]that being independent is my goal in trading Forex, in all reality, it will probably be scary as hell for me the day I turn my back on a (more or less) 'guaranteed' check from an employer [despite how barely sufficient it might be.] It was scary and kind of sad to realize that I actually might have an inner fear of being independent, that I might be more plugged into the The Matrix {read: Rat Race} than I realized.

So I wondered:
{for me}If I have an underlying fear in having myself as the sole provider of my own income, could this be something that limits my ability to be confident and trade consistently?

(I'm sure people who decide to start their own business in other types of areas have a similar fear that they need to conquer...)

-One more demon to fight,
Image
~Krane


You can't circumvent the emotions Krane. You have to man-up and work
through the issues by doing and doing. Trade live, BUT don't go crazy
with the lot size. After all you are only trading potting soil. :)

As you have success and the bad feeling in the pit of your stomach
lessens, increase your lot size.

And don't forget the most important part...... You will mess up! Learn from
it and move on.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm

"...if you want to do something that will pay off, more than any college degree, credential, accreditation or license, sit down with a set of charts and find as many 50% retracements -large & small- as you can. The reward will be the necessary confidence in your charts." -Ken Roberts


When I started trading futures, I didn't know my left hand from my right hand as far a technical analysis is concerned.

I didn't have guru bottom picking skills but I sure could count a 1-2-3 formation; I spent two years paper trading ( age 16-18 ) 1-2-3's, H&S, narrow sideways channels, & 50% levels.

The only question in my mind was how to survive long enough to make it to the 50%.

When I started trading live, the 50% level didn't magically stop working & I made tens of thousands of dollars from a $2,000 account.

This is where price is going ---> to the 50% level, and I will be there.

This is where price is going ---> to Cash Zone Area 1, and I will be there.

Price will try to knock me out before the move, but I will remain.

The chart can test my resolve, I will be there.

Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

If you understood how simple this is then you would just do it.

The trick is to scale in and rest your average orders beyond S&R :shock:


Image

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 pm

MightyOne wrote:"...if you want to do something that will pay off, more than any college degree, credential, accreditation or license, sit down with a set of charts and find as many 50% retracements -large & small- as you can. The reward will be the necessary confidence in your charts." -Ken Roberts


When I started trading futures, I didn't know my left hand from my right hand as far a technical analysis is concerned.

I didn't have guru bottom picking skills but I sure could count a 1-2-3 formation; I spent two years paper trading ( age 16-18 ) 1-2-3's, H&S, narrow sideways channels, & 50% levels.

The only question in my mind was how to survive long enough to make it to the 50%.

When I started trading live, the 50% level didn't magically stop working & I made tens of thousands of dollars from a $2,000 account.

This is where price is going ---> to the 50% level, and I will be there.

This is where price is going ---> to Cash Zone Area 1, and I will be there.

Price will try to knock me out before the move, but I will remain.

The chart can test my resolve, I will be there.

Image


Ken Roberts, I had his book "Worlds Greatest Business" or something to
that affect. I traded commodities with paper charts until my broker
screwed me.

I had studied 50% a lot and believe it is a viable tool. That is why I posted
charts with my fib tool and only have 100%, 50%, and 0% on it. I did come
to realize it is not an exact science and now aproximate the correction
area and look for order stacks in that area.

1-2-3's are everywhere and basically range/correction with a breakout.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:"...if you want to do something that will pay off, more than any college degree, credential, accreditation or license, sit down with a set of charts and find as many 50% retracements -large & small- as you can. The reward will be the necessary confidence in your charts." -Ken Roberts


When I started trading futures, I didn't know my left hand from my right hand as far a technical analysis is concerned.

I didn't have guru bottom picking skills but I sure could count a 1-2-3 formation; I spent two years paper trading ( age 16-18 ) 1-2-3's, H&S, narrow sideways channels, & 50% levels.

The only question in my mind was how to survive long enough to make it to the 50%.

When I started trading live, the 50% level didn't magically stop working & I made tens of thousands of dollars from a $2,000 account.

This is where price is going ---> to the 50% level, and I will be there.

This is where price is going ---> to Cash Zone Area 1, and I will be there.

Price will try to knock me out before the move, but I will remain.

The chart can test my resolve, I will be there.

Image


Ken Roberts, I had his book "Worlds Greatest Business" or something to
that affect. I traded commodities with paper charts until my broker
screwed me.

I had studied 50% a lot and believe it is a viable tool. That is why I posted
charts with my fib tool and only have 100%, 50%, and 0% on it. I did come
to realize it is not an exact science and now aproximate the correction
area and look for order stacks in that area.

1-2-3's are everywhere and basically range/correction with a breakout.


Your broker can only screw you if you listen to her.

When 911 hit, my broker tried to get me out of my gold positions by telling me that gold could tank hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the uncertainty :shock:

My electronic statements would often show a real time loss of a ~$250,000 when I was significantly in profit.

She tried to pawn off bad positions on me and cut the talk short when I started to explain why she was out of her mind.

One time I was holding options in beans(?) and she called me to tell me that I should add to my position because it looked great. I immediately liquidated my options at a discount & 30 minutes later the value of the options tanked over 75% (buy buy buy!).

How did he/she screw you?

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:"...if you want to do something that will pay off, more than any college degree, credential, accreditation or license, sit down with a set of charts and find as many 50% retracements -large & small- as you can. The reward will be the necessary confidence in your charts." -Ken Roberts


When I started trading futures, I didn't know my left hand from my right hand as far a technical analysis is concerned.

I didn't have guru bottom picking skills but I sure could count a 1-2-3 formation; I spent two years paper trading ( age 16-18 ) 1-2-3's, H&S, narrow sideways channels, & 50% levels.

The only question in my mind was how to survive long enough to make it to the 50%.

When I started trading live, the 50% level didn't magically stop working & I made tens of thousands of dollars from a $2,000 account.

This is where price is going ---> to the 50% level, and I will be there.

This is where price is going ---> to Cash Zone Area 1, and I will be there.

Price will try to knock me out before the move, but I will remain.

The chart can test my resolve, I will be there.

Image


Ken Roberts, I had his book "Worlds Greatest Business" or something to
that affect. I traded commodities with paper charts until my broker
screwed me.

I had studied 50% a lot and believe it is a viable tool. That is why I posted
charts with my fib tool and only have 100%, 50%, and 0% on it. I did come
to realize it is not an exact science and now aproximate the correction
area and look for order stacks in that area.

1-2-3's are everywhere and basically range/correction with a breakout.


Your broker can only screw you if you listen to her.

When 911 hit, my broker tried to get me out of my gold positions by telling me that gold could tank hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the uncertainty :shock:

My electronic statements would often show a real time loss of a ~$250,000 when I was significantly in profit.

She tried to pawn off bad positions on me and cut the talk short when I started to explain why she was out of her mind.

One time I was holding options in beans(?) and she called me to tell me that I should add to my position because it looked great. I immediately liquidated my options at a discount & 30 minutes later the value of the options tanked over 75% (buy buy buy!).

How did he/she screw you?


Well back when you had to call your broker and use charts sent by mail
weekly, I called my broker to get a price quote on a commodity options.

Well the quote was off by a lot so I decided to hold my position. When
I got my updated charts I had found out that the quote was off and I could
have liquidated for a nice profit, instead of the loss I incured.

I got back into trading when I didn't have to call a broker. :)
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
newschool
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby newschool » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am

TygerKrane wrote:
Additionally, I don't think I've heard of anyone putting a successful automation on TRO's Rat Reversal off of Daily Extreme's, so just b/c it can't be done automatically, doesn't mean that with a little human discretion it couldn't be successful manually... {referring to your automated strategies, and me wanting to combine Bollinger Bands with Rat Reversals}.


Well I already have the RAT automated, so just tell me what you want to add to it.

SkavenDC
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:33 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: Edward
Gender: Male

Postby SkavenDC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 am

aliassmith wrote:Ken Roberts, I had his book "Worlds Greatest Business" or something to that affect.


That's exactly what it's called. "The Worlds Greatest Business: A QuickStart Guide to Trading Commodities - Futures and Options"

Kind of odd. I know this because I found a printed copy of it in a box when I was looking for an old binder.

Tyger. Keep the faith. Fight the demons and continue forth. I too battled some old demons of mine over the past couple weeks. The past week was the first time I was able to see green on the excel I use to track my trading progress. Been seeing a lot of red lately. I feel more comfortable in the trades I have taken. Trade demo if you have to. For me, I always knew I was trading with fake money and could never get past it. I trade live and just lower my lot size (can't lower it much more then it already is). :smt046

Edward

cosmoe1
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cosmoe1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 am

newschool wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Additionally, I don't think I've heard of anyone putting a successful automation on TRO's Rat Reversal off of Daily Extreme's, so just b/c it can't be done automatically, doesn't mean that with a little human discretion it couldn't be successful manually... {referring to your automated strategies, and me wanting to combine Bollinger Bands with Rat Reversals}.


Well I already have the RAT automated, so just tell me what you want to add to it.


Newschool,
Where can someone download this rat ea
I have searched the forum and google can not find.
cosmoe1

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”