TS: Is there a simple way to plot one indicator of another?

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:44 pm

makaha,

Well if you only want to escape TS's ridiculous prices then you can try Multi-charts or if you trade only Forex then MCFX. Both of these products are run by a company called TS Support (who have nothing to do with TradeStation) other than that their products are very similar. So similar in fact that you can easily convert ELDs/ELSs and other TradeStation code instantly. The price is pretty reasonable too ($399 to purchase or $39/mo). Just FYI I don't actually have any affiliation with these folks except that I like their products.

However, if you need to address other issues like your CCI plotting issue, then these folks won't be able to help. It's a shame that you and I and many others have spent our time learning EasyLanguage, because the problems inherent in TradeStation are due to the short cuts that EasyLanguage utilizes. Of course these short cuts make EL "easy" but they also make it the language of coding cripples. If you are serious about moving on to a more robust and more customizable application (although it does take much more effort to learn thoroughly) then I would recommend NeoTicker. I myself am still learning NT, but others on the forum can offer you a more thorough perspective of NT (such as Michal).

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:47 pm

makaha,

You can utilize a number of brokers with NeoTicker including all the majors - MB Trading, Interbank FX, etc. Check out www.tickquest.com for more information.

Also unlike TradeStation NeoTicker supports full integration with your broker meaning that you can have NT send automated signals to your broker and you'll have full control over how that is done.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 pm

makaha,

I use MB and I'll check my account statements, but I'm pretty darn sure they only charge you a commission if you actually enter a trade.

Edward

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”