Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
monolisa
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 am
Reputation: 0
Location: All Quiet on the Western Front
Gender: None specified

Postby monolisa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:09 am

Hi Patch,

The inidcator does not draw wicks. It's mentioned in the later part of the NLA thread.

Enjoy the thread - it "frees" your mind :)

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:16 pm

blubbb wrote:...MightyOne uses the indicator with different shifts (e.g. an H1 custom candle beginning at 00:30). Maybe he can it explain it a little better...


If price moves up for 11 hours then I am only interested in the period where the momentum took place and the previous 11 hours that confirms that the 11 hour rally is indeed momentum.

The following 11 hours will be hugging the momentum and the 11 hours after that you are looking for price to still be supported.

If price does not move anywhere then you can check if there is a higher time frame momentum, ZL bar, or support trade (hopefully you checked before trading the 11 hour bar).

The H1 is your home time frame

It is your job to collect pips and side step deep corrections while reentering in the direction of the greater momentum.

You only need to side step a correction once or twice

If you get too aggressive then the market will take off without you.

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 am

Hello guys...
I want to thank to all on this thread for your contributions, specially to Blubbb for coding and sharing indicators, and to MO for sharing his knowledge.

I'm looking for mastering MO's ZL, but still in the process.

Well, I just wanted to share this indy, called "alerter" which can be very well bundled with Blubbbs indies.

Just paste it in your indicators folder and attach it to your chart. What it does is gives you an alert (email, pop up, etc) when price reaches determined line drawn in your chart.

How it works is just place any line in your chart, or it can be any of the drawn by Blubbbs indicators. Doube click the line the line you want to be alerted for, then right click it and select "properties". In "description" type: Alert_# (note, Alert must have capital "A", and # is the number of pips away from the line when the alert will be triggered.

i.e. line drawn at 150.57, and you set Alert_10. If price is currently 150. 90, when it reaches 150.67 it will trigger the alert (10 pips away from the line). If price is 150.30 instead, if price reaches 150.47 it will trigger the alarm.

Note, if a line is triggered, it will alert only once. So if you want a second alert, you have to set it up again.

Hope it is of help to you.

Cheers
Attachments
Alerter.mq4
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 am

Very cool 8)

Thanks cfabian!

cfabian wrote:Hello guys...
I want to thank to all on this thread for your contributions, specially to Blubbb for coding and sharing indicators, and to MO for sharing his knowledge.

I'm looking for mastering MO's ZL, but still in the process.

Well, I just wanted to share this indy, called "alerter" which can be very well bundled with Blubbbs indies.

Just paste it in your indicators folder and attach it to your chart. What it does is gives you an alert (email, pop up, etc) when price reaches determined line drawn in your chart.

How it works is just place any line in your chart, or it can be any of the drawn by Blubbbs indicators. Doube click the line the line you want to be alerted for, then right click it and select "properties". In "description" type: Alert_# (note, Alert must have capital "A", and # is the number of pips away from the line when the alert will be triggered.

i.e. line drawn at 150.57, and you set Alert_10. If price is currently 150. 90, when it reaches 150.67 it will trigger the alert (10 pips away from the line). If price is 150.30 instead, if price reaches 150.47 it will trigger the alarm.

Note, if a line is triggered, it will alert only once. So if you want a second alert, you have to set it up again.

Hope it is of help to you.

Cheers

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5544
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

MightyOne wrote:
blubbb wrote:...MightyOne uses the indicator with different shifts (e.g. an H1 custom candle beginning at 00:30). Maybe he can it explain it a little better...


If price moves up for 11 hours then I am only interested in the period where the momentum took place and the previous 11 hours that confirms that the 11 hour rally is indeed momentum.

The following 11 hours will be hugging the momentum and the 11 hours after that you are looking for price to still be supported.

If price does not move anywhere then you can check if there is a higher time frame momentum, ZL bar, or support trade (hopefully you checked before trading the 11 hour bar).

The H1 is your home time frame

It is your job to collect pips and side step deep corrections while reentering in the direction of the greater momentum.

You only need to side step a correction once or twice

If you get too aggressive then the market will take off without you.


I have re-read this a few times....after todays trading.....I see some things.
hmmmmmmm
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Blubbb
As an experienced coder you are, I wonder if you can modify this indicator which is used to trade your trades. It simply adds an arrow at the entry and exit point of the trade, however, this version places the entry/exit in the same candle no matter the exit is some candles away.

What I'd like to have is it placing the exit arrow at the precise exit candle, and have it connected to the entry arrow with a dashed line.

Attached the indy.

Thanks in advance.

Image
Attachments
ShowOrdersOnChart.mq4
(12.51 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

User avatar
blubbb
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Europe
Gender: Male

Postby blubbb » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 pm

I like it! I tried to fix the "rukuki lines" *lol*
Try it.

Edit: The only problem with the indicator is the colors. I'll modify it later so it will display red for short and green for long. Or make it customizable.

Edit^2: For my own version I wrote from scratch please see page 1.
Last edited by blubbb on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:18 pm

blubbb wrote:I like it! I tried to fix the "rukuki lines" *lol*
Try it.

Edit: The only problem with the indicator is the colors. I'll modify it later so it will display red for short and green for long. Or make it customizable.


Thanks blubbb, I'll try it.

The original conecting dashed line turned green if the trade was profitable, and red if non.

Or you mean the color of the arrow?

Cheers

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 pm

cfabian wrote:
blubbb wrote:I like it! I tried to fix the "rukuki lines" *lol*
Try it.

Edit: The only problem with the indicator is the colors. I'll modify it later so it will display red for short and green for long. Or make it customizable.


Thanks blubbb, I'll try it.

The original conecting dashed line turned green if the trade was profitable, and red if non.

Or you mean the color of the arrow?

Cheers


Blubbb.... it is working perfectly. Thanks a lot.

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Blubbb,
Since I installed the zl indicator, it doesn't allow me to use fibs, no matter the indy is not longer in the chart. On every pair I try to use it it displays the same thing, the red line you see in the image, with the price tag with same value in whatever pair I try.

Are you aware of this?

Cheers

Image
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”