A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Dum_Smile
Attachments
Capture20062013.GIF
Capture20062013.GIF (101.84 KiB) Viewed 672 times

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm

onontsira wrote:
Dan wrote:I feel your pain news but I realized that picking the tops or turn arounds is for the experienced guys and that will come to you eventually. Go with the flow and trade the retracements in the trend, in the direction of the trend, its just safer.

From my point of view, "picking the tops/bottoms" and "trade the retracements in the trend" is the same. A top/bottom is always the end of a retracement of an another move, so it's a matter of perspective.

To me, there is no trend. One can say there "was" a trend but nobody can't predict if it will continue for years or stop in a minute, so there is no defined trend, apart for looking at the past. That's why I believe it is more crucial to have a proper MM (small losses and big winners, if possible) to be succesful than having "magical" entry points.

This is just my opinion. :wink:

If you master forex you can almost predict a trend very easy but it takes years to accomplish that!!! After all traders use a method to GUESS the right direction and according to the method you use you will guess a lot of times the right direction but the missers are no bad guessing they are just there because your method is not the holy grail!!!
You have to master al the frames at once and you start from the high frames extreme to enter on a low frame to catch THE TREND in pieces. It is even possible to ride a trend stay in trade and scalp or trade the pullbacks but that's only in europe otherwise it is the fiforule!!!

The other question is why should i ride several 100 pips? That's a total different story and depend on your MM. Like most of the older members know that i play very agressive with high lotsize there is no need to trade those big runs i just want a piece of it ;-)
If you would like the same results like mine with lower size then you need to catch more of the run as i do. There will never be a person who can tell you how you can make the most out of it. Some people say it is not important where to enter and the same people will say that it is all in the MM, while other people keep saying (like i do) that entry is the most important part of trading (altough when you play high leverage)
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 pm

dragon33 wrote:You have to master al the frames at once and you start from the high frames extreme to enter on a low frame to catch THE TREND in pieces. It is even possible to ride a trend stay in trade and scalp or trade the pullbacks but that's only in europe otherwise it is the fiforule!!!

For me, thats the most difficult thing to acomplish..."adding up" all the TF in one logical unit.
Just to check..

"high time frame extremes" are daily/weekly z lines and/or 4h "pointy" places...yes?

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Dragon!

Thanks for your views on this subject. What I meant was:

At the moment, for me, a good entry is a point where the potential of a big run is greater than from another point.

In short: from where I am in my learning curve, I now see that I am able to maximize (in my favor) the potential for a big run but not the hit rate which for me, is still approx. 50/50...

Maybe is my SL too close from my entry point?

I fell that if I have a wider SL, my hitrate will be better but my RR will decrease. I mean that I don't fell capable of making both big runs with tight SL.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Dum_Smile Dum_Smile

Ping-Pong, I can't do anything else at the moment... but will try!
Attachments
Capture20062013 2.GIF
Capture20062013 2.GIF (95.16 KiB) Viewed 650 times

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Still struggle with the SL placement... Are they too tight?
Attachments
Capture20062013 3.GIF
Capture20062013 3.GIF (69.75 KiB) Viewed 765 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Doji Im luvin these 5min enteries. Heres trade today on EU waited all day for it. 5min chart attached but it was based off a 15min setup then i checked 5min chart for my entry and confirmation.

Thanks Doji

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

onontsira wrote:Still struggle with the SL placement... Are they too tight?

On this picture they are on the right places, nothing wrong with them.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:45 pm

onontsira wrote:Hi Dragon!

Thanks for your views on this subject. What I meant was:

At the moment, for me, a good entry is a point where the potential of a big run is greater than from another point.

In short: from where I am in my learning curve, I now see that I am able to maximize (in my favor) the potential for a big run but not the hit rate which for me, is still approx. 50/50...

Maybe is my SL too close from my entry point?

I fell that if I have a wider SL, my hitrate will be better but my RR will decrease. I mean that I don't fell capable of making both big runs with tight SL.

Every trader start his learning curve wrong. Most people start on lower frames and that should be forbidden for new traders. There is a lot of movement on the lower frames but every trader should be able to read the H1. If you can see the action on the H1 frame then focus on it. Learn to ride on the back of the big guys learn to time your trade. Time is very important. The big guys action happens almost around the same times most of the trading days. And riding on the back of H1 is good for your RR.
Don't forget it is summer and sometimes volume is a little lower then normal so choppy trading is part of the game next two months. If traders can manage those two months then you will be able to knock the big guys down during the rest of the year :-)

Return to “beginners forum”