A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Done till Asian Session..

Have a great day!!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Closed just below 5500

That's paid for the last weeks losses :lol:

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Thats great....now this week, less losses, smaller losses and when the nice trade comes.......you will be positive and confidence will build.

newscalper wrote:Closed just below 5500

That's paid for the last weeks losses :lol:

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 pm

dojirock wrote:What do you mean...? Thats a great move...just keep following price and when it moves you will get it!

USD/JPY

I don't know what you men by you don't know what I mean :lol: ?

That it was a bullshit move? Well it was news wasn't it? I'd just put a trade on, no stop , gone 'sod it' went to make the evening meal and come back with a profit.Could have easily gone as far the other way.

Or do you mean re what i'd said about lines?

I think there's something fundamentally wrong about how I'm seeing things otherwise I wouldn't be wrong like, 80 % of the time

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Look into that... 80 percent wrong... I remember when I was there. I started looking and realized I was looking at the wrong side of the lines to take my trades and it changed my trading overnight. I feel you are so close to figuring out what your doing wrong, you just cant see it. Sounds crazy I know, but its true.

Try this...draw a line like you do, Ask yourself why you draw it.
Then look left, see if there is anything you can see or pick up on that would change your entry from short to long or long to short.

trying to help...

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Final short entry was who knows where - I used the Chin stumped on the 5 minute off an inside bar so goodness knows!

Re lines, I don't draw them expecting a continuation, how it's been defined if there's a run of bars down, there has to be a number of bars up and then at least one down again for a line 'zone' to form - by that time it's too late to enter, almost always. So what I look for is, at the end of a run, the attempt to make a line, which subsequently fails and closes over the other way, if you do that at an actual true line (with all the various bars inbetween) 9/10 it's so far from the top it's ridiculous sometimes.
My head has been a mess all week :(

I think I know what you might say 'draw 5 min lines and wait for a 15 min close over', haven't been able to get that working either. Whatever I'm doing I can't get it 'working' :lol: :arrow:

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:19 am

I feel your pain news but I realized that picking the tops or turn arounds is for the experienced guys and that will come to you eventually. Go with the flow and trade the retracements in the trend, in the direction of the trend, its just safer.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am

Dan wrote:I feel your pain news but I realized that picking the tops or turn arounds is for the experienced guys and that will come to you eventually. Go with the flow and trade the retracements in the trend, in the direction of the trend, its just safer.

From my point of view, "picking the tops/bottoms" and "trade the retracements in the trend" is the same. A top/bottom is always the end of a retracement of an another move, so it's a matter of perspective.

To me, there is no trend. One can say there "was" a trend but nobody can't predict if it will continue for years or stop in a minute, so there is no defined trend, apart for looking at the past. That's why I believe it is more crucial to have a proper MM (small losses and big winners, if possible) to be succesful than having "magical" entry points.

This is just my opinion. :wink:

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

I agree with you but you might be able to follow price action like doji, I, like a lot of others get confused especially when its choppy and especially when you use two time frames. I know exactly how to follow price, i've read this thread and others plenty of times but there comes a time when the experience makes you a better trader, training your eyes to alert you when these signals happen and how to react is more important than studying zlines for years.
I just take the most obvious trades, the ones that scream at you and thats all i'm saying.

News here are a couple of the main lines that stood out me, all hindsight though.
Attachments
nottillthis1_zps3f89cd2b.png
nottillthis1_zps3f89cd2b.png (20.36 KiB) Viewed 598 times
nottillthis2_zps53ec9d8e.png
nottillthis2_zps53ec9d8e.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

another
Attachments
nottillthis4_zpsf9a33529.png
nottillthis4_zpsf9a33529.png (21.5 KiB) Viewed 596 times

Return to “beginners forum”