yale student

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1658
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:02 am

trojoh68 wrote:Pawel, Alias, PTG, LeM and others,

I appreciate your recent discussion of z-lines --- as well as your respective threads and various posts throughout Kreslik. Mira and I know each other as we both came into Kreslik around the same time. Both of us have learned MUCH from Dojirock and trade primarily by his variation of z-lines (Doji Zones). We're both break even to slightly profitable in our trading.

I have question that I'd really love to hear each of you answer from your own perspective, if you don't mind. I think that your responses would be instructive to both of us --- as well as others.

HOW DO EACH OF YOU CHOOSE WHICH Z-LINES TO TRADE?

I understand how z-lines can be drawn on on wicks, bodies, or color changes (price turns). But no matter how one chooses to draw them, they are all over a chart --- even counter to each other at times. Thus, some are better choices than others. So, I'm just interested to hear each of your reasoning in the ones that you trade. Thanks in advance to any of you that answers. And again, I really appreciate your discussions among each other.

trojoh68


I agree with Alias. Ultimately you have to suck it and see.

For the knowledge bank however, my way of doing things is as simplified as I could make it. I look for momo that breaks a significant level and the place where that momo crosses is my Z-Line. I can either look to then get in on the way back up, or more often, trade the reaction back off the Z-Line itself.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1574
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1523
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am

You don’t log in for a few days and BOOM: 50+ posts on Pawel’s thread :lol:

I have and exam tomorrow so I had to study a lot of math stuff, so boring.
Then I have another one or two in July so my summer is definitively *censored - swear word* up.

However

Good convo as always guys!
I’ll post something when I have it, I’m following your suggestions and I’m trying to “review” them to make them mine.
BE, but it’s working!

Thank you [-o<
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1658
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Mira wrote:You don’t log in for a few days and BOOM: 50+ posts on Pawel’s thread :lol:

I have and exam tomorrow so I had to study a lot of math stuff, so boring.
Then I have another one or two in July so my summer is definitively *censored - swear word* up.

However

Good convo as always guys!
I’ll post something when I have it, I’m following your suggestions and I’m trying to “review” them to make them mine.
BE, but it’s working!

Thank you [-o<


Break a leg on the exam!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 491
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Well I made a longer post and it was deleted, so I'll go with this:
Was down as much as $200/contract :oops:
Finished up $200/contract :o
Rough day
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

trojoh68
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:49 pm
Reputation: 28
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby trojoh68 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 pm

aliassmith wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:Pawel, Alias, PTG, LeM and others,

I appreciate your recent discussion of z-lines --- as well as your respective threads and various posts throughout Kreslik. Mira and I know each other as we both came into Kreslik around the same time. Both of us have learned MUCH from Dojirock and trade primarily by his variation of z-lines (Doji Zones). We're both break even to slightly profitable in our trading.

I have question that I'd really love to hear each of you answer from your own perspective, if you don't mind. I think that your responses would be instructive to both of us --- as well as others.

HOW DO EACH OF YOU CHOOSE WHICH Z-LINES TO TRADE?

I understand how z-lines can be drawn on on wicks, bodies, or color changes (price turns). But no matter how one chooses to draw them, they are all over a chart --- even counter to each other at times. Thus, some are better choices than others. So, I'm just interested to hear each of your reasoning in the ones that you trade. Thanks in advance to any of you that answers. And again, I really appreciate your discussions among each other.

trojoh68


As to not muddy the waters, I believe since you are starting to be successful with Doji"s methodology that you should stick with him as your advisor.

Not to be a jerk but we don't do the zero line idea the same. Our way may not mesh with Doji's teaching and principles and could actually derail you.

Being break even is actually pretty good. This is the point where I self destructed from aggravation. My advice is to stay disciplined, in control, and study the charts.

Actually not only study the charts but review your trades and see if mistakes are hurting you. Looking at your own trades might show you the best ones to trade.



I appreciate your response to my inquiry and your point is taken. Doji has been generous with his knowledge and has taught me a lot about PA, so I won't be abandoning his approach. His thread lays out a few different methodologies that are all geared around PA as he sees it --- which is fundamentally variations of "close below, close above" or "momentum breaking momentum" --- phrases commonly found in his Kreslik thread. He is the primary reason that my trading has gone from hopeless to hopeful.

I was asking my original question just for the purpose of better understanding price movement and areas of entry/exit from related perspectives. In an earlier dialogue with Pawel, Mira described his trading of Doji Zones as being similar to MO's Blind Rat strategy. Relating the two may may have helped Mira "get it." For me, it was relating Doji'z approach to M and W patterns that I had learned about years ago and something Jalarupa once wrote about Break Out - Break In.

But again, I appreciate your response and perspective.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

trojoh68
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:49 pm
Reputation: 28
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby trojoh68 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:29 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:Pawel, Alias, PTG, LeM and others,

I appreciate your recent discussion of z-lines --- as well as your respective threads and various posts throughout Kreslik. Mira and I know each other as we both came into Kreslik around the same time. Both of us have learned MUCH from Dojirock and trade primarily by his variation of z-lines (Doji Zones). We're both break even to slightly profitable in our trading.

I have question that I'd really love to hear each of you answer from your own perspective, if you don't mind. I think that your responses would be instructive to both of us --- as well as others.

HOW DO EACH OF YOU CHOOSE WHICH Z-LINES TO TRADE?

I understand how z-lines can be drawn on on wicks, bodies, or color changes (price turns). But no matter how one chooses to draw them, they are all over a chart --- even counter to each other at times. Thus, some are better choices than others. So, I'm just interested to hear each of your reasoning in the ones that you trade. Thanks in advance to any of you that answers. And again, I really appreciate your discussions among each other.

trojoh68


I agree with Alias. Ultimately you have to suck it and see.

For the knowledge bank however, my way of doing things is as simplified as I could make it. I look for momo that breaks a significant level and the place where that momo crosses is my Z-Line. I can either look to then get in on the way back up, or more often, trade the reaction back off the Z-Line itself.



Thank you for your response, LeM. I have no intent on abandoning what I have been taught. I just enjoy learning. I'll continue to follow the conversation here. And BTW, I have enjoyed your thread also.

trojoh68

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1658
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 pm

trojoh68 wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:Pawel, Alias, PTG, LeM and others,

I appreciate your recent discussion of z-lines --- as well as your respective threads and various posts throughout Kreslik. Mira and I know each other as we both came into Kreslik around the same time. Both of us have learned MUCH from Dojirock and trade primarily by his variation of z-lines (Doji Zones). We're both break even to slightly profitable in our trading.

I have question that I'd really love to hear each of you answer from your own perspective, if you don't mind. I think that your responses would be instructive to both of us --- as well as others.

HOW DO EACH OF YOU CHOOSE WHICH Z-LINES TO TRADE?

I understand how z-lines can be drawn on on wicks, bodies, or color changes (price turns). But no matter how one chooses to draw them, they are all over a chart --- even counter to each other at times. Thus, some are better choices than others. So, I'm just interested to hear each of your reasoning in the ones that you trade. Thanks in advance to any of you that answers. And again, I really appreciate your discussions among each other.

trojoh68


I agree with Alias. Ultimately you have to suck it and see.

For the knowledge bank however, my way of doing things is as simplified as I could make it. I look for momo that breaks a significant level and the place where that momo crosses is my Z-Line. I can either look to then get in on the way back up, or more often, trade the reaction back off the Z-Line itself.



Thank you for your response, LeM. I have no intent on abandoning what I have been taught. I just enjoy learning. I'll continue to follow the conversation here. And BTW, I have enjoyed your thread also.

trojoh68


Knowledge is power.

Good to have you here. Is there a particular style you are drawn to so far?

trojoh68
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:49 pm
Reputation: 28
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby trojoh68 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
I agree with Alias. Ultimately you have to suck it and see.

For the knowledge bank however, my way of doing things is as simplified as I could make it. I look for momo that breaks a significant level and the place where that momo crosses is my Z-Line. I can either look to then get in on the way back up, or more often, trade the reaction back off the Z-Line itself.



Thank you for your response, LeM. I have no intent on abandoning what I have been taught. I just enjoy learning. I'll continue to follow the conversation here. And BTW, I have enjoyed your thread also.

trojoh68


Knowledge is power.

Good to have you here. Is there a particular style you are drawn to so far?



I have been drawn to Doji's method for a long while because it just made the most sense to me --- especially after he started explaining it with DojiZones. Those are made of opposing z-lines --- one that is failing in one direction and one that has formed in the new direction. I watch for price to pull back to that area and then leave it in the new direction. So, it's a form of a 123 reversal that is occurring.

As for style, Doji is a scalper and that is what I have desired to be as well. However, I recently went through a job change and I can no longer monitor charts throughout the day. So,now I have been trying to swing trade higher time frames like D1 and H4. Ideally, I would like a D1 set-up and use H4 for entry. The biggest challenge, it seems to me, is timing --- whether scalping or swing trading. In forex, it seems that accumulation of some sort occurs on most any time frame before the significant moves occur. There are a lot of fake moves.

Part of what drew me into the recent discussion is that all of you --- much like Doji --- have a "feel" for what is going on and what might happen. Doji speaks of the "story" of PA. Others speak of the chart as "footprints." This is what I lack knowledge of and have wondered if it help me find this same kind of feel.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 491
Gender: Male

Re: yale student

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:03 am

trojoh68 wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:

Thank you for your response, LeM. I have no intent on abandoning what I have been taught. I just enjoy learning. I'll continue to follow the conversation here. And BTW, I have enjoyed your thread also.

trojoh68


Knowledge is power.

Good to have you here. Is there a particular style you are drawn to so far?



I have been drawn to Doji's method for a long while because it just made the most sense to me --- especially after he started explaining it with DojiZones. Those are made of opposing z-lines --- one that is failing in one direction and one that has formed in the new direction. I watch for price to pull back to that area and then leave it in the new direction. So, it's a form of a 123 reversal that is occurring.

As for style, Doji is a scalper and that is what I have desired to be as well. However, I recently went through a job change and I can no longer monitor charts throughout the day. So,now I have been trying to swing trade higher time frames like D1 and H4. Ideally, I would like a D1 set-up and use H4 for entry. The biggest challenge, it seems to me, is timing --- whether scalping or swing trading. In forex, it seems that accumulation of some sort occurs on most any time frame before the significant moves occur. There are a lot of fake moves.

Part of what drew me into the recent discussion is that all of you --- much like Doji --- have a "feel" for what is going on and what might happen. Doji speaks of the "story" of PA. Others speak of the chart as "footprints." This is what I lack knowledge of and have wondered if it help me find this same kind of feel.


I was actually considering starting a thread of just daily charts of currency pairs. I believe that daily charts are the easiest charts to make money with hands down. The thing is most people are not patient enough for daily chart and it can be a slow way to make money. To make these charts explode with profit you need to monitor 10 or more pairs and use creative money management.

As a side note someone might speak about a chart as footprints because there is actually a chart called the footprint chart used with order flow.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

1qaz2wsx33
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Re: yale student

Postby 1qaz2wsx33 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:48 am

aliassmith wrote:I was actually considering starting a thread of just daily charts of currency pairs. I believe that daily charts are the easiest charts to make money with hands down. The thing is most people are not patient enough for daily chart and it can be a slow way to make money. To make these charts explode with profit you need to monitor 10 or more pairs and use creative money management.

As a side note someone might speak about a chart as footprints because there is actually a chart called the footprint chart used with order flow.


Hi Alias, I have mostly been a silent onlooker here as I feel like I don't have much to contribute really, but I wanted to say that of all the great info here, your comments and Psychology and Dead horse threads are some of my favourites. I think maybe because you seemed like a normal guy who "got it" (take that as a compliment not an insult), rather than someone like MO who seemed to be a demigod of trading almost. I could relate to that imagining myself doing the same in the future.

So if you do decide to start another thread I will be following along for sure. I am loving the new burst of activity on this site, I joined too late and missed all the action back in the "heyday", it is good to see this site coming back alive.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”