TRO TRADING VIDEOS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:06 pm

TRO001.png
TRO001.png (69.41 KiB) Viewed 316 times


What is the reason some traders are having a hard time?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Jhx
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 am
Reputation: 90
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby Jhx » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO001.png

What is the reason some traders are having a hard time?

Full transparency on this experiment, I'm currently at trade #36, trading microlots.

so-far.png
so-far.png (39.96 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Which is about 17~ net pips after 36 trades (after spread and commissions).

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I'm doing wrong (I'd like to think that I'm not doing everything wrong because I'm at least not in the negative), but I do identify the things I'm struggling with:

1) When to cut a losing trade without being too tight. I don't always let it run to the full stop, but still my average loss is around 7.8~ pips. Those exits in the negative usually consist of waiting until the candle goes through a previous candle's low / high (or if the current candle is just going against me very fast). I will also very rarely exit at breakeven, I tend to exit with profit or with a loss.
2) I don't know how to (or if I should) re-enter within the same hour. I don't know if the Walmal method states something on that.
3) When not to take the trade at the line. I've been taking only the first H1 line break, no bias, in some cases I even traded against something that I didn't like on the chart because I didn't want to "think and start filtering trades" (and avoid second guessing myself). Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

For what it's worth, I think I'm slowly getting better at taking profit (I think) based on what I see in the current candle and looking left if there's a recent candle/group of candles where price got rejected from, and I'm fine leaving pips on the table.

The method works just fine, I just want to improve myself and my performance. My current goal with this is to -try- to end the day/session in the positive, but I'm not there yet (I've had a couple of losing days and a bad day might push me quite back a bit).

Once again, thanks for posting these videos on the Walmal method, it's also useful because I can follow along based on what I trade every day.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:46 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Jhx wrote:Full transparency on this experiment, I'm currently at trade #36, trading microlots.


Which is about 17~ net pips after 36 trades (after spread and commissions).

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I'm doing wrong (I'd like to think that I'm not doing everything wrong because I'm at least not in the negative), but I do identify the things I'm struggling with:

1) When to cut a losing trade without being too tight. I don't always let it run to the full stop, but still my average loss is around 7.8~ pips. Those exits in the negative usually consist of waiting until the candle goes through a previous candle's low / high (or if the current candle is just going against me very fast). I will also very rarely exit at breakeven, I tend to exit with profit or with a loss.
2) I don't know how to (or if I should) re-enter within the same hour. I don't know if the Walmal method states something on that.
3) When not to take the trade at the line. I've been taking only the first H1 line break, no bias, in some cases I even traded against something that I didn't like on the chart because I didn't want to "think and start filtering trades" (and avoid second guessing myself). Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

For what it's worth, I think I'm slowly getting better at taking profit (I think) based on what I see in the current candle and looking left if there's a recent candle/group of candles where price got rejected from, and I'm fine leaving pips on the table.

The method works just fine, I just want to improve myself and my performance. My current goal with this is to -try- to end the day/session in the positive, but I'm not there yet (I've had a couple of losing days and a bad day might push me quite back a bit).

Once again, thanks for posting these videos on the Walmal method, it's also useful because I can follow along based on what I trade every day.



1) read the price action.
2) read the price action.
3) read the price action.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Madzi
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm
Reputation: 10
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby Madzi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
Jhx wrote:Full transparency on this experiment, I'm currently at trade #36, trading microlots.


Which is about 17~ net pips after 36 trades (after spread and commissions).

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I'm doing wrong (I'd like to think that I'm not doing everything wrong because I'm at least not in the negative), but I do identify the things I'm struggling with:

1) When to cut a losing trade without being too tight. I don't always let it run to the full stop, but still my average loss is around 7.8~ pips. Those exits in the negative usually consist of waiting until the candle goes through a previous candle's low / high (or if the current candle is just going against me very fast). I will also very rarely exit at breakeven, I tend to exit with profit or with a loss.
2) I don't know how to (or if I should) re-enter within the same hour. I don't know if the Walmal method states something on that.
3) When not to take the trade at the line. I've been taking only the first H1 line break, no bias, in some cases I even traded against something that I didn't like on the chart because I didn't want to "think and start filtering trades" (and avoid second guessing myself). Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

For what it's worth, I think I'm slowly getting better at taking profit (I think) based on what I see in the current candle and looking left if there's a recent candle/group of candles where price got rejected from, and I'm fine leaving pips on the table.

The method works just fine, I just want to improve myself and my performance. My current goal with this is to -try- to end the day/session in the positive, but I'm not there yet (I've had a couple of losing days and a bad day might push me quite back a bit).

Once again, thanks for posting these videos on the Walmal method, it's also useful because I can follow along based on what I trade every day.



1) read the price action.
2) read the price action.
3) read the price action.


I echo what the TRO already said, "read the price action" . Sounds like a cop out answer, but it is the truth. Second thought, you are trading .01 Lots or a micro-lot and paying .12 plus a spread for that priviledge. To put that in perspective, you are giving away 1.2 pips PLUS whateverever your spread is at the time of the entry or exit (Depending whether it is a buy or sell...) When you are scalping, you potentially are giving up 1/3 of your potential profit if you are looking to take 3 to 5 pips... Just something to consider. There are brokers who give a better rate than that. I won't give a broker recomendation, because there are other factors as to why you select a prospective broker. I would just make google your friend and research....

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Jhx
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 am
Reputation: 90
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby Jhx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Madzi wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
Jhx wrote:Full transparency on this experiment, I'm currently at trade #36, trading microlots.


Which is about 17~ net pips after 36 trades (after spread and commissions).

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I'm doing wrong (I'd like to think that I'm not doing everything wrong because I'm at least not in the negative), but I do identify the things I'm struggling with:

1) When to cut a losing trade without being too tight. I don't always let it run to the full stop, but still my average loss is around 7.8~ pips. Those exits in the negative usually consist of waiting until the candle goes through a previous candle's low / high (or if the current candle is just going against me very fast). I will also very rarely exit at breakeven, I tend to exit with profit or with a loss.
2) I don't know how to (or if I should) re-enter within the same hour. I don't know if the Walmal method states something on that.
3) When not to take the trade at the line. I've been taking only the first H1 line break, no bias, in some cases I even traded against something that I didn't like on the chart because I didn't want to "think and start filtering trades" (and avoid second guessing myself). Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

For what it's worth, I think I'm slowly getting better at taking profit (I think) based on what I see in the current candle and looking left if there's a recent candle/group of candles where price got rejected from, and I'm fine leaving pips on the table.

The method works just fine, I just want to improve myself and my performance. My current goal with this is to -try- to end the day/session in the positive, but I'm not there yet (I've had a couple of losing days and a bad day might push me quite back a bit).

Once again, thanks for posting these videos on the Walmal method, it's also useful because I can follow along based on what I trade every day.



1) read the price action.
2) read the price action.
3) read the price action.


I echo what the TRO already said, "read the price action" . Sounds like a cop out answer, but it is the truth. Second thought, you are trading .01 Lots or a micro-lot and paying .12 plus a spread for that priviledge. To put that in perspective, you are giving away 1.2 pips PLUS whateverever your spread is at the time of the entry or exit (Depending whether it is a buy or sell...) When you are scalping, you potentially are giving up 1/3 of your potential profit if you are looking to take 3 to 5 pips... Just something to consider. There are brokers who give a better rate than that. I won't give a broker recomendation, because there are other factors as to why you select a prospective broker. I would just make google your friend and research....

Thank you very much for your answers and the last videos guys. This method is helping me get some much needed trading mileage, hopefully with time things will start coming together.

I'll also look into the broker thing, maybe I can find something with a better rate. These days it must've been an average of 2.5 (even 3~) per trade between spread and commission, even a single pip difference on every trade would've added up in those 36 trades, but I don't know how much lower I can get it.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Madzi wrote:I echo what the TRO already said, "read the price action" . Sounds like a cop out answer, but it is the truth. Second thought, you are trading .01 Lots or a micro-lot and paying .12 plus a spread for that priviledge. To put that in perspective, you are giving away 1.2 pips PLUS whateverever your spread is at the time of the entry or exit (Depending whether it is a buy or sell...) When you are scalping, you potentially are giving up 1/3 of your potential profit if you are looking to take 3 to 5 pips... Just something to consider. There are brokers who give a better rate than that. I won't give a broker recomendation, because there are other factors as to why you select a prospective broker. I would just make google your friend and research....



Yes, find a broker you can tolerate. Notice I did not say LIKE!

You have to pay to play this game.

My focus is on trading not on commissions and spreads.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
Jhx
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 am
Reputation: 90
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby Jhx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:10 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:

Well this video just answered a few questions that had been driving me crazy for some months (if not much, much more lol).

Price action was never clear to me. because I didn't really know what to look for or how to use what I read from the chart. Not that I didn't see them, but like "how can I use this to trade". It might've been obvious to some but every time "price action" was brought up I had some flasbacks with some mumbo jumbo from the first things I read when I started.

Thanks x100 for answering in that video =D> .

"Clue yourself in to what could possibly happen next." ... "based on recent history, what has price done at this level."
That was eye opening.

In these past 2 weeks I've learned a lot and I'm putting together these things that were always "troubling" :lol: .

Hopefully my trading next week will be even better.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 13891
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2177
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Jhx,

Please expand and elaborate a little more on price action as you see it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”