TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:39 pm

kirt47 wrote:Hi The rumpled One,my brother and i have been trading futures and forex about 8 years now losing consistantly currently trading using semaphores with 3 chart overlays used by a gentleman named Patrick Bourgeois.My brother programs indicators as well as you but yet we have never made a dime trading is it just me or are all indicators useless without a trading plan to apply with them? Not looking for a free ride just some good advice to try and move foward with sir.



Patrick Bourgeois is Dragon33!! He learned well and mastered the methods. Having a plan is good but executing it faithfully is another thing. If you are losing then there are things you are doing and not doing that is producing that result. It is not the indicator, it is how you use it. Most people do not really understand the 3 level ZZ Semaphore. When a dot first appears, that is a BREAKOUT, the trade, at that time, is NOT A REVERSAL TRADE!! Of course, some breakouts are stronger than others.

One problem you may have is indicator/method/instrument switching. At first, use one of each until you are making money almost every session you trade. Your weekly P/L should be up. Then you know you are trading well. And when you reach that point ask yourself this simple question, "Since I am making money consistently, why oh why do I want to change what I am doing?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:47 pm

EURUSDDaily.png
EURUSDDaily.png (80.84 KiB) Viewed 475 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:47 pm

kirt47 wrote:Hi The rumpled One,my brother and i have been trading futures and forex about 8 years now losing consistantly currently trading using semaphores with 3 chart overlays used by a gentleman named Patrick Bourgeois.My brother programs indicators as well as you but yet we have never made a dime trading is it just me or are all indicators useless without a trading plan to apply with them? Not looking for a free ride just some good advice to try and move foward with sir.


Check your PM
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

kirt47
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby kirt47 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Thank you sir for your advice I'm sure it will help over time and as for Dragon he told my brother and I that it was you who helped him get over the hump that's why I searched for you here on kreslik

BaraKuda
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 am
Reputation: 0
Location: China
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby BaraKuda » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
merka wrote:@TRO
Based on your frequency distribution analysis, I'd like to understand which "edge" is more successful between the following ones.
The strategy is to place 1 order per day per instrument. The order will be placed at the opening of the Asian session (22:00 UK time) and after that close the pc for the next 24 hours.

1)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day" candle color (If it was red than sell order. If it was green than buy order).
2)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day+weekly" candle color (If previous day is red and weekly is red than sell order. If previous day is green and weekly is green than buy order. No order for all others combinations).
3)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day+weekly+monthly" candle color (Order will be placed ONLY when all TFs are the same color. Green for buy and red for sell).

4)I will place buy/sell order ONLY accordingly to the weekly candle color.
5)I will place buy/sell order ONLY accordingly to the candle color of "weekly+monthly" (no order in case weekly and monthly candle have different colors).

Do you have something to analyse the above cases? Even an Excel file will be ok if you prefer that.

Regards
Merka


TRO.png

You guys are working me too hard!!!

Inputs for time, daily, weekly and monthly filters.



TRO

When the update will be available , i can see potential here ...

BRKD

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Don't know...
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

merka
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby merka » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:03 pm

merka wrote:@TRO
Based on your frequency distribution analysis, I'd like to understand which "edge" is more successful between the following ones.
The strategy is to place 1 order per day per instrument. The order will be placed at the opening of the Asian session (22:00 UK time) and after that close the pc for the next 24 hours.

1)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day" candle color (If it was red than sell order. If it was green than buy order).
2)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day+weekly" candle color (If previous day is red and weekly is red than sell order. If previous day is green and weekly is green than buy order. No order for all others combinations).
3)I will place buy/sell order based on "previous day+weekly+monthly" candle color (Order will be placed ONLY when all TFs are the same color. Green for buy and red for sell).

4)I will place buy/sell order ONLY accordingly to the weekly candle color.
5)I will place buy/sell order ONLY accordingly to the candle color of "weekly+monthly" (no order in case weekly and monthly candle have different colors).
6) I will place buy/sell order ONLY accordingly to the monthly candle color.
Do you have something to analyse the above cases? Even an Excel file will be ok if you prefer that.

Regards
Merka


Here the results from a short sample on EUR/USD Daily between Wednesday 01/06/2016 and Friday 29/07/2016.
Depending on which case study you are analyzing, you need to compare column "H" with Column "I" "K" "M".
Example:
Suppose we are at the end of Thursday 28/07/2016 and I need to decise my trade for Friday 29/07/2016.
1 minute before the Open of the Asian session for 29/07/2016, on MT4 I see the candle color of 28/07/2016 (daily, weekly, monthly) so I make my decision based on them (column I, K, M) called previous day daily candle color, previous day weekly candle color and previous day monthly candle color.
None of the case studies gives a winning edge above 50%.

Feel free to comment and analyse.

Regards.
Merka
Attachments
EURUSD Daily Edge test.xls
(186.5 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:32 pm

EURUSDDaily.png
EURUSDDaily.png (79.36 KiB) Viewed 287 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

merka
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby merka » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:16 am

Hello TRO
Do you have any suggestion about what bias to use to enter the market?
My previous analyses didn't show any valid edge.
Regards.
Merka

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO 2016 DONATIONAL INDICATORS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:25 pm

merka wrote:Hello TRO
Do you have any suggestion about what bias to use to enter the market?
My previous analyses didn't show any valid edge.
Regards.
Merka


Bias depends on the location. Long above the daily open and short below. But after price has run a while, bias may work against you. Once you enter, you want movement away from your entry in a certain direction. Either the trade makes money or loses money.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”