The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm

es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dojirock wrote:MO,

I admire your patience and persistence........

doji
:D


Why do people go out of their way to be trading educators (this really sux!)?

Fortunately I still have a few beers left =)


You?
Because you know that your the only One on web forums teaching how to be the "Greatest trader in the world".


Maybe i have drank too much.

What the *censored - swear word* does your post mean exactly?

Are you saying that Drock is trying to be a guru, or that MO is?

Or are you saying that we should all follow other peoples trading calls and trade off BB?

?


1st question.
It means that from everything I've read on the internet forums or learned from paid or unpaid teachings.......that M.O. is the only one who has ever showed how a person could become ONE of the greatest traders on planet earth.

2nd question.
After reading my first answer I would conclude that M.O. IS a trading Guru. Doji is a pretty cool guy but not quite there yet.

3rd question.
No way, it would be impossible to do for 99.99873% of folks anyway as evidenced by the success rate of traders.
And, those who are successful NEVER trade exactly the same way or enter/exit the exact same time.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

nimo350
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:40 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby nimo350 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm

nt
Last edited by nimo350 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5250
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 am

PRO & es/pip are banned from conversing with one another in my thread =)

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5250
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 am

Don't call me a guru =)

Just call me the guy who helped you trade for a living.

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:17 am

:D
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5250
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 am

trueblueTEX wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I just use a line chart (w/ range), thick horizontal line, and the Fibonacci retracement tool.

Currently (but adjusted constantly):

-My trade chart is the 9 day which has roughly 10 bars per quarter
(a quarter is the longest duration of a trade).
-Medium term charts are 90 minutes & 6 hours
-Short term charts are 20 seconds & 12 minutes.

When Space is not large enough, as it is in the beginning, to trade a weekly+ chart then the smaller periods are used to gain Space (small time frame voodoo).

If your focus is always on a long term chart then you should never miss a large move:
Where your stops are, there your heart shall be also =)

Position <--- weekly stop
Lot Size <--- increase potential profit
Percent <--- watch the money roll in


BTW, has anyone tried the learn Javascript link under my sig.?

If so, what do you think about the site?


I don't want to jump the gun on this;but, I think some of this is making sense and jelling for me.

I remember a couple of years ago when I found the Blind Mouse Strategy I thought that you differed greatly from TRO and since I was trying to follow Green Rat Trading, I stayed away from the Blind Mouse thread.

Interestingly, the more I've read of what you have written, you and TRO are more similar than I thought. Not in terms of directional trading but in terms of probabilities of pip movements in a day/week/etc from extreme to extreme and once you have found yourself on the extreme, ride it for all it's worth. You two differ on the ride: space vs 2%+ gains.

EDIT: Oh, and a horizontal line. ;-)

Are you teaching the Javascript?


TRO will never know just how much of an impact he has had on my growth as a trader =)
While we do not agree on some points & even speak a different language on other points, we are very similar in a lot of ways; mostly because his wisdom does not fall on deaf ears!

-No I am not teaching Javascript ( I am still trying to finish Python classes at O'Reilly School of Tech. (online) )
-The site showed me just how easy it was to code which encouraged me to take classes online.

I believe that everyone in the future will know how to code; it is just that valuable of a skill.

User avatar
trueblueTEX
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 pm

MightyOne wrote:... Just call me the guy who helped you trade for a living.


I'm hoping to call you that, one day. 8)

User avatar
trueblueTEX
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I just use a line chart (w/ range), thick horizontal line, and the Fibonacci retracement tool.

Currently (but adjusted constantly):

-My trade chart is the 9 day which has roughly 10 bars per quarter
(a quarter is the longest duration of a trade).
-Medium term charts are 90 minutes & 6 hours
-Short term charts are 20 seconds & 12 minutes.

When Space is not large enough, as it is in the beginning, to trade a weekly+ chart then the smaller periods are used to gain Space (small time frame voodoo).

If your focus is always on a long term chart then you should never miss a large move:
Where your stops are, there your heart shall be also =)

Position <--- weekly stop
Lot Size <--- increase potential profit
Percent <--- watch the money roll in


BTW, has anyone tried the learn Javascript link under my sig.?

If so, what do you think about the site?


I don't want to jump the gun on this;but, I think some of this is making sense and jelling for me.

I remember a couple of years ago when I found the Blind Mouse Strategy I thought that you differed greatly from TRO and since I was trying to follow Green Rat Trading, I stayed away from the Blind Mouse thread.

Interestingly, the more I've read of what you have written, you and TRO are more similar than I thought. Not in terms of directional trading but in terms of probabilities of pip movements in a day/week/etc from extreme to extreme and once you have found yourself on the extreme, ride it for all it's worth. You two differ on the ride: space vs 2%+ gains.

EDIT: Oh, and a horizontal line. ;-)

Are you teaching the Javascript?


TRO will never know just how much of an impact he has had on my growth as a trader =)
While we do not agree on some points & even speak a different language on other points, we are very similar in a lot of ways; mostly because his wisdom does not fall on deaf ears!

-No I am not teaching Javascript ( I am still trying to finish Python classes at O'Reilly School of Tech. (online) )
-The site showed me just how easy it was to code which encouraged me to take classes online.

I believe that everyone in the future will know how to code; it is just that valuable of a skill.


I love Python but don't code in it. I mostly write sql queries and some PHP. I don't like PHP. :x

User avatar
PebbleTrader
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:41 pm

"Pebble called it 'god mode', I don't disagree."

When I was younger I played video games and would bring up the console and type in "God Mode" and it would unlock all the available weapons, max health levels and max ammo. Trading with max size, max space (you accumulate more than you need) and you are on a weekly chart that has potential to move reminds me of those days when I played video games with "God Mode" on :) Trading is like a video game, but more like a "business money game"

I was a nerd and had an interest in learning programming when I was in 5th grade, mostly I have learned different types of programming usually out of necessity, I would think of some idea and than want to make it happen so I needed to learn the language. Usually to automate a tedious task or make something easier/quicker to do.

I have had to limit that type of stuff with trading though as the type of programming that a lot of traders try to get into I don't think works well.

I believe it's better to be discretionary but have tools that help reduce how much work you have to do or make things simpler. That is totally different than automated trading systems...
Life is just a journey

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:49 am

MightyOne wrote:PRO & es/pip are banned from conversing with one another in my thread =)



Seeing that this post had a smiley at the end of it, i am going to assume that entitles me to one more post to PRO, which will be below.

After that post, sometime in the next few days i will be making my final post on this forum. Since this thread is the most active it will probably be here in this one.

This post will summarize a few trading things, but will also detail what i have and am going through medically---- without too much personal detail.

After that post i will be done here for good.

I will probably also reference this in the later post, but i would like to thank MO for his insight as it led me to things i didn't see before. I will get into this in my last post later, may be tomorrow or next week not sure yet, as i will have to type it up.

But at this time i am going to assume the smiley at the end of MO's post opened the door for me to respond to to PRO's post, which will follow this post.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”