The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

courier12
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby courier12 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousMidpoint) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2

May I suggest:


midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousHigh) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2


Hi TRO / MightyOne,

What if the current candle breaks the high of the previous candle and has an extreme that is not at or below the previous candle midpoint? How would u define the midpoint in that case?
Thank you,

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 am

courier12 wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousMidpoint) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2

May I suggest:


midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousHigh) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2


Hi TRO / MightyOne,

What if the current candle breaks the high of the previous candle and has an extreme that is not at or below the previous candle midpoint? How would u define the midpoint in that case?
Thank you,


It would be the midpoint of the active candle.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11396
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:45 pm

MightyOne wrote:
courier12 wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousMidpoint) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2

May I suggest:


midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousHigh) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2


Hi TRO / MightyOne,

What if the current candle breaks the high of the previous candle and has an extreme that is not at or below the previous candle midpoint? How would u define the midpoint in that case?
Thank you,


It would be the midpoint of the active candle.


I use the previous candle's midpoint.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

courier12
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby courier12 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
courier12 wrote:
Hi TRO / MightyOne,

What if the current candle breaks the high of the previous candle and has an extreme that is not at or below the previous candle midpoint? How would u define the midpoint in that case?
Thank you,


It would be the midpoint of the active candle.


I use the previous candle's midpoint.


Thank you MightyOne and TRO!

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 10
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Prev midpoint or current midpoint - setting any parameter in stone has a domino effect for all parameters downstream from it - any individual setting is relatively arbitrary if the rest of the parameters are still free. Either midpoint calculation could be better or worse than the other, entirely dependent on the remaining system parameters. Efficacy of any individual parameter must have at least 2 qualifiers - lower and upper bound, but for any reasonable trading purpose, must also include time. Longwinded way of saying MO's definitions should be used for MO's tool(s), and TRO's for his. Mixing them will have unintended consequences.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Relevant Information:
"anything within the last two bars that has interacted with the active candle"

If the high/low has not been touched then don't use it.
If price didn't trade through a midpoint then don't use it.

Anything within the active bar has, by MO definition, been interacted with.

In the picture below, price recently interacted with the low of the previous bar so that is your focus.
The current midpoint doesn't matter because you are already looking for longs above and shorts that are below
the previous low extreme.
If the midpoint exceeds the low then it becomes more important than the low.
If price leaves the midpoint behind then you can use HOLO or a daily open.

Again, if it is not within the last 2 bars and the active bar has not traded through or interacted with it then don't use it.

EURUSDDaily.png
EURUSDDaily.png (33.58 KiB) Viewed 370 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Do you ever look at pictures of outer space and get the feeling that you are being played with :lol:

If you kinda sorta see a face in a cloud of gas, ok, but if it forms a giant picture...

space_or_a_painting.png


Someone was sharing pictures they took of the moon and I had the same double take...
is that a devil peaking out of a hole in the moon? LOL!
In the lower right there is the same accompanying spirit as the spirit marked with a moon in the
above picture; this spirit always has its hand to its face as if it is whispering.

youtube.png


Maybe I have spent one too many years looking for patterns :lol:

User avatar
laksh
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: None specified

Re:

Postby laksh » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 pm

MightyOne wrote: Maybe I have spent one too many years looking for patterns :lol:


You reminded me of this film (based on a true story) I watched recently!


courier12
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re:

Postby courier12 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am

MightyOne wrote:Relevant Information:
"anything within the last two bars that has interacted with the active candle"

If the high/low has not been touched then don't use it.
If price didn't trade through a midpoint then don't use it.

Anything within the active bar has, by MO definition, been interacted with.

In the picture below, price recently interacted with the low of the previous bar so that is your focus.
The current midpoint doesn't matter because you are already looking for longs above and shorts that are below
the previous low extreme.
If the midpoint exceeds the low then it becomes more important than the low.
If price leaves the midpoint behind then you can use HOLO or a daily open.

Again, if it is not within the last 2 bars and the active bar has not traded through or interacted with it then don't use it.

EURUSDDaily.png


Hi Mighty One:

I understood most of the above, expect this one line below. Love the idea of looking at Hi/Lo/Midpoint of last 2 bars which the current active bar has interacted with.

" If price leaves the midpoint behind then you can use HOLO or a daily open.."

Are you refering to HOLO on any intraday timeframe of ur choice? or did u mean something else?
Also, if price leaves the midnight behind, woudn't it also leave todays active daily open behind? In your chart for example, price is already way below daily open....or were u refering to a weekly open / monthly open / an earlier day open from a while back? Thank you

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Re: Re:

Postby MightyOne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:25 pm

courier12 wrote:...

" If price leaves the midpoint behind then you can use HOLO or a daily open.."

Are you refering to HOLO on any intraday timeframe of ur choice? or did u mean something else?
Also, if price leaves the midpoint behind, woudn't it also leave todays active daily open behind? In your chart for example, price is already way below daily open....or were u refering to a weekly open / monthly open / an earlier day open from a while back? Thank you


What I had in mind was that if price starts trading below the highest H1 open that you can elect to trade against the bias.

I use daily opens for the monthly bias.

USDJPYH1.png
USDJPYH1.png (32.57 KiB) Viewed 280 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”