The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 12339
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 334
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:50 am

MightyOne wrote:
Braathen wrote:"What is up? What is down? What is present? What is past? What is happening?"

Sounds like me on a saturday morning :P

As always thanks for the feedback.
So when you said.. once you see it you cant unsee it is just so true.
This is all i see know :P

First here is bias short.
Someone said you can do 2 things.. trade away from it or back in.

Today i went against my bias.
Just a gut feeling really. You can see the play between the 2 areas and it just doesn't look short :D


I make the same call when price is above the daily open.

Right now you see that the trade is above the monthly low and daily open so I wouldn't go short.

Why the longer term bias?:

On the M5 your position size might be 0.75 where as on the monthly chart it is 0.05.
You are making $30/line on the M5, you close out 93.333% of your position, and you are still making $30/line on the monthly chart :P

It is not a lot of money, but if you add 2 more monthly trades to it and you start pressing them up (consumes near 0 margin to press a monthly) then you can make a few hundred to a few thousand dollars (more MN trades & press) per line while you actively trade the smaller charts...

...keep in mind that you closed out 93.333% of your winning trades to get to this position & are so deep in OPM that you are drowning :lol:


USDCADM5.png


I wish I understood this.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 31
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Braathen wrote:"What is up? What is down? What is present? What is past? What is happening?"

Sounds like me on a saturday morning :P

As always thanks for the feedback.
So when you said.. once you see it you cant unsee it is just so true.
This is all i see know :P

First here is bias short.
Someone said you can do 2 things.. trade away from it or back in.

Today i went against my bias.
Just a gut feeling really. You can see the play between the 2 areas and it just doesn't look short :D


I make the same call when price is above the daily open.

Right now you see that the trade is above the monthly low and daily open so I wouldn't go short.

Why the longer term bias?:

On the M5 your position size might be 0.75 where as on the monthly chart it is 0.05.
You are making $30/line on the M5, you close out 93.333% of your position, and you are still making $30/line on the monthly chart :P

It is not a lot of money, but if you add 2 more monthly trades to it and you start pressing them up (consumes near 0 margin to press a monthly) then you can make a few hundred to a few thousand dollars (more MN trades & press) per line while you actively trade the smaller charts...

...keep in mind that you closed out 93.333% of your winning trades to get to this position & are so deep in OPM that you are drowning :lol:


USDCADM5.png


I wish I understood this.


Hi TRO,

MO is talking about sizing a position from the M5 trading it and closing out 93% of the profit and that would/should equate to being sized according to the monthly lines...

Do yourself a favor, place the lines indy that MO and salez have crafted... Measure risk on the M5 and compares it with the risk measurement/lot size the indy expresses in a monthly chart and you'll see...

It's all about how you size yourself (and add to size) in terms of how long you wish to hold the trade for...

At least that is my understanding of the conversation...
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5388
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 303
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 am

Jalarupa wrote:
Hi TRO,

MO is talking about sizing a position from the M5 trading it and closing out 93% of the profit and that would/should equate to being sized according to the monthly lines...

Do yourself a favor, place the lines indy that MO and salez have crafted... Measure risk on the M5 and compares it with the risk measurement/lot size the indy expresses in a monthly chart and you'll see...

It's all about how you size yourself (and add to size) in terms of how long you wish to hold the trade for...

At least that is my understanding of the conversation...


That is correct.

If you press twice on the M5, from $30 to $50/line, then you simply reduce to the monthly pressed twice and that is $50 per line.

If you gain 4 lines in one period/pair then you have 4 lines in another period/pair.

If you pull up a monthly chart and count the number of lines that are running through the bars then you will see that it is only 4 or 5 lines
& that $30 x 5 is only $150.
You may be inclined to think that it is not worth your time, and you would be right, but it is a monthly chart so how much time could you possibly be wasting?
$30 x 5 = $150, but $30 pressed to $100/line (+2 +2 +2 +4 +4 micro) x 5 is $500+.
$500 x 3 pairs is $1500/line
Maybe next month you average 9 lines and bring in $13,500...
you just doubled up using a total of 6 mini lots and all that you had to do was not close the entire trade and occasionally add two micro lots (scary, I know!).

If you wanted to trade the pair more actively then you might reduce and trade the H4 and then pick up another M5 trade.

Space Wars is simple, once you see it you cannot unsee it :lol: :wink:

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 12339
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 334
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Pressed?
See, I do not understand.
I know you are speaking English.
But it is Greek to me!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
Braathen
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Infront of the PC O_o
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Braathen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:17 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Pressed?
See, I do not understand.
I know you are speaking English.
But it is Greek to me!!


By pressing he means adding to the value of a line.. pressing it up in value.
So if from line 1 to 2 you make 30$.. you could "press" the value of the line up to 50$ by increasing your lot size.

Nothing crazy just a figure of speech :D
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5388
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 303
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:25 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Pressed?
See, I do not understand.
I know you are speaking English.
But it is Greek to me!!


Same as ++ or += when you are writing code.

"Press it to $50" or "make it look like $50" is an instruction given to the dealer to increase your bet by a certain amount.

So if your lot size is 0.75 ($30/line) then the first press (++ on the Eights indicator) is 0.25 ($40/line) and your second is also 0.25 ($50/line)

Pair 1:
30-40-50-60-80-100
0.75 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.50 + 0.50 = 2.50

Pair 2:
30-40-50-60-80-100
0.75 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.50 + 0.50 = 2.50

Pair 1 moved to the monthly:
100
2.50 reduced to 0.18

Pair 3:
30-40-50

Pair 2 moved to the monthly:
2.5 reduced to 0.18

Pair 3:
30-40-50-60-80-100

...

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 12339
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 334
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 pm

I still do not understand.

Maybe someone else can translate.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 31
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Space can be "pressed" by making your boxes/lines smaller/closer together respectively...

So you trade with a stop of 16 pips at 1.25% and you earn/gain 32 pips profit...

If 16 pips represents 4 boxes of 4 pips or 4 lines of 4 pips distance

You could now press your next trade by making the distance between the lines closer together our by using less boxes as a stop...

Basic space management that the lines / eights indicator allows you to do on the fly...
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

BaraKuda
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 am
Reputation: 0
Location: China
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby BaraKuda » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 am

MightyOne wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:
Hi TRO,

MO is talking about sizing a position from the M5 trading it and closing out 93% of the profit and that would/should equate to being sized according to the monthly lines...

Do yourself a favor, place the lines indy that MO and salez have crafted... Measure risk on the M5 and compares it with the risk measurement/lot size the indy expresses in a monthly chart and you'll see...

It's all about how you size yourself (and add to size) in terms of how long you wish to hold the trade for...

At least that is my understanding of the conversation...


That is correct.

If you press twice on the M5, from $30 to $50/line, then you simply reduce to the monthly pressed twice and that is $50 per line.

If you gain 4 lines in one period/pair then you have 4 lines in another period/pair.

If you pull up a monthly chart and count the number of lines that are running through the bars then you will see that it is only 4 or 5 lines
& that $30 x 5 is only $150.
You may be inclined to think that it is not worth your time, and you would be right, but it is a monthly chart so how much time could you possibly be wasting?
$30 x 5 = $150, but $30 pressed to $100/line (+2 +2 +2 +4 +4 micro) x 5 is $500+.
$500 x 3 pairs is $1500/line
Maybe next month you average 9 lines and bring in $13,500...
you just doubled up using a total of 6 mini lots and all that you had to do was not close the entire trade and occasionally add two micro lots (scary, I know!).

If you wanted to trade the pair more actively then you might reduce and trade the H4 and then pick up another M5 trade.

Space Wars is simple, once you see it you cannot unsee it :lol: :wink:





Mighty


I'm trading daily breakout on E/J , and i try for months to define a dynamic MM to fit my signal expectancy

Statistics for E/J daily Breakout for the last 1000 daily bars:
1.Breakout High : 476 occurrences
7.98% of break will give between 0 &4 pips
5.46% of break will give between 5 & 10 pips
86.55% of break will give >11pips

My target is to capture 5 pips minimum and 10 pips if possible with as much of possible units
the goal is to capture maximum 10 pips but with large lots size
normally i enter in position and when at +5 pips i set BE +0 and take out 20%
at +10 pips i move BE at +5 and take out 50% and set final TP (30%) at +20 pips

Any thoughts on this method , does it make sense for you , or do you believe there is room to improve ?

thanks in advance for the time and efforts Mighty

BRKD


Any advice on how i should

salezyakuku
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:45 pm
Reputation: 44
Location: PL
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby salezyakuku » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:13 pm

eights-back.png
eights-back.png (15.25 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Attachments
EIGHTS%25MONEY_MOD%25_7.mq4
(14.05 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”