The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 12
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Reading Alias' thread... Best MO quote I've seen so far...

"The worst thing that you can do is expose a woman to money :lol:"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
laksh
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 pm
Reputation: 6
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby laksh » Fri May 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Sacrophage wrote:Reading Alias' thread... Best MO quote I've seen so far...

"The worst thing that you can do is expose a woman to money :lol:"


Ha ha!
There are some Proverbs 31 women in this world though :lol: Hmm, may be more of an exception!!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 201
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 1:29 pm

John S. wrote:C'mon MO, please respond to TRO's request. "Gobbledygook" is what you are famous for! LOL. :D


My "fame" is that of a neighbor, 7 years of communicating with a small group of people.

The group understands the local dialect (TROgalog, a language based on TRO), but to the outsider it is gobbledygook.

TRO knows the answer to his own question, he has quoted H. Rearden a thousand times:

- H.Rearden wrote: "Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
1) the price breaks to new high's [from what?]
2) the price reverses from new high's [to what?]
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist."

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 201
Gender: Male

C++

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 3:18 pm

This book has been sitting on the shelf for far too long.

I think that it is time to set aside 2 days and get her done...
it can't be that difficult to make a program draw x's and o's.

and_so_it_begins.png
and_so_it_begins.png (121.49 KiB) Viewed 486 times

User avatar
laksh
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 pm
Reputation: 6
Gender: None specified

Re: C++

Postby laksh » Sat May 28, 2016 5:13 pm

MightyOne wrote: This book has been sitting on the shelf for far too long.

I think that it is time to set aside 2 days and get her done...
it can't be that difficult to make a program draw x's and o's.

and_so_it_begins.png


I think you will enjoy C++ concepts of Object Orientation and Re-usability etc. as the charts you mark already use these concepts.

Inspired by http://www.code.org initiative, I tried to learn C as it is the most widely used programming language of all time. I can write a program to print "Hello World" 8)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 201
Gender: Male

Re: C++

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 6:39 pm

laksh wrote:
I think you will enjoy C++ concepts of Object Orientation and Re-usability etc. as the charts you mark already use these concepts.

Inspired by http://www.code.org initiative, I tried to learn C as it is the most widely used programming language of all time. I can write a program to print "Hello World" 8)


I have written basic code in: Common Lisp, Java, Python (Course was so shtty it was discontinued), Ruby, HTML, MQL4, and a few others.

I hope to one day learn one of them well enough to do anything useful. :)

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 12
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Here's what I'm looking at for GJ next week.
Idea: Long to at least 163.
Position 1: 160 - at or around the open tomorrow.
Add size to trail up to each green line given the space.
Look for exits around each red line in case short side still in play.
Orange lines may be S/R.

Please give me your thoughts and I will do some more charts. 5 wks to 100% starts tomorrow!
Attachments
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (45.43 KiB) Viewed 426 times

Goonslinger
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:20 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Goonslinger » Sat May 28, 2016 7:41 pm

That's what I see on the 4h GJ. Could even be a strange sort of H&S.

How have you decided on the red and green lines?
Attachments
GBPJPY 4h 28516.PNG
GBPJPY 4h 28516.PNG (213.08 KiB) Viewed 418 times
"So let it be written; so let it be done."

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 12
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Sat May 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Goonslinger wrote:That's what I see on the 4h GJ. Could even be a strange sort of H&S.

How have you decided on the red and green lines?


If long still in play, green lines hopefully a bit below where B/O traders got in long. If short still in play, new highs should be limited, so red lines just prior to prior highs.

Will you look to short at the top of the cone with position above 2+ month high? Ultimately looking below 160? Seems perfectly valid as well - will see what PA looks like if/when we arrive at those zones. Will you be long into the top of the cone or trading short only?

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11949
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 202
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 29, 2016 5:45 am

MightyOne wrote:
John S. wrote:C'mon MO, please respond to TRO's request. "Gobbledygook" is what you are famous for! LOL. :D


My "fame" is that of a neighbor, 7 years of communicating with a small group of people.

The group understands the local dialect (TROgalog, a language based on TRO), but to the outsider it is gobbledygook.

TRO knows the answer to his own question, he has quoted H. Rearden a thousand times:

- H.Rearden wrote: "Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
1) the price breaks to new high's [from what?]
2) the price reverses from new high's [to what?]
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist."

Why didn't you just say RAT ZONE?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”