The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I am sure that there are all kinds of fancy explanations for this price action, but thinking in cones and pennants, "diamonds of perception", is by far the
simplest way to go about it.

USDCADecnM15.png
USDCADecnM15.png (50.21 KiB) Viewed 885 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 pm

USDCADecnH1.png
USDCADecnH1.png (43.01 KiB) Viewed 878 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:08 pm

XAUUSDecnH1.png
XAUUSDecnH1.png (45.9 KiB) Viewed 876 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Ignoring cones does not make them go away :D
LINK TO FAT-SHAMING POST

NZDUSDecnH1.png
NZDUSDecnH1.png (35.16 KiB) Viewed 849 times

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:39 am

Baby steps for me and my angled line drawing journey (ascending triangle I think?), haha. I might not be able to draw angles yet, but your concept of price increases by 2 and decreases by half is always on my mind and I mentally look for it, until I get better at angles.

[quoteImage][/quote]

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:53 am

v8power wrote:Baby steps for me and my angled line drawing journey (ascending triangle I think?), haha. I might not be able to draw angles yet, but your concept of price increases by 2 and decreases by half is always on my mind and I mentally look for it, until I get better at angles.


Baby step #1: only draw 15 degree lines.

I only use two types of triangle, cone & pennant.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:05 pm

A set of paper charts, delivered each week, of the daily weekly & monthly charts, stick-it notes, a red pen (because the charts were black), & a phone is all that I had to trade with back in the day.

My intraday chart was calling the broker every 30 minutes for quotes; based on the closed candle & what price was doing during the day is
how I managed open trades.
At the end of the day I would call the broker to update the daily charts; I am sure that he could have faxed me the information, but I think
that he liked chatting with me :lol:

There were no thoughts of ticks, I risked so many "lines", I targeted so many lines, & I had 4+ month OTM options as a hedge; the price of which was so many lines or "linelettes" of added risk (later I would cut outrights out completely, but that is another story).

People always ask how trading can be easy, but when you tell them they always say "no, no, no, I need $1,000,000 by tomorrow morning, how can I do that?"


OLD_SCHOOL.png
OLD_SCHOOL.png (34.86 KiB) Viewed 673 times

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5983
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 419
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 pm

MightyOne wrote:A set of paper charts, delivered each week, of the daily weekly & monthly charts, stick-it notes, a red pen (because the charts were black), & a phone is all that I had to trade with back in the day.

My intraday chart was calling the broker every 30 minutes for quotes; based on the closed candle & what price was doing during the day is
how I managed open trades.
At the end of the day I would call the broker to update the daily charts; I am sure that he could have faxed me the information, but I think
that he liked chatting with me :lol:

There were no thoughts of ticks, I risked so many "lines", I targeted so many lines, & I had 4+ month OTM options as a hedge; the price of which was so many lines or "linelettes" of added risk (later I would cut outrights out completely, but that is another story).

People always ask how trading can be easy, but when you tell them they always say "no, no, no, I need $1,000,000 by tomorrow morning, how can I do that?"



And price will easily get to my entry @arrow, plus a few pips where I will make $4.

IMG_20160312_154358.jpg
IMG_20160312_154358.jpg (175.47 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5987
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1602
Gender: Male

MACRO PIPS

Postby MightyOne » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 am

One last time, just in case people still don't get it.

EACH LINE IS ONE PIP OF PROFIT.
If price moves 704 pips & you are sized to trade "sixty-fours" then you have made 11 pips of profit.

"If your only problem is how much profit to take then what a problem to have!" -KEN ROBERTS

If you risk $20/pip on small charts then you would risk $2.50/Eight or 0.3125/Sixty-four:

5 Pips at $20: $100
5 Eights at $2.50: $100
5 Sixty-fours at $.3125: $100

Trade large charts AS IF you were SCALPING small charts.

INVESTOPEDIA wrote:Scalpers typically take profits at 1:1 risk to reward or less, allowing their strategies to achieve a higher strike rate, rather than a high reward rate.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5983
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 419
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: MACRO PIPS

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:42 pm

MightyOne wrote:One last time, just in case people still don't get it.

EACH LINE IS ONE PIP OF PROFIT.
If price moves 704 pips & you are sized to trade "sixty-fours" then you have made 11 pips of profit.

"If your only problem is how much profit to take then what a problem to have!" -KEN ROBERTS

If you risk $20/pip on small charts then you would risk $2.50/Eight or 0.3125/Sixty-four:

5 Pips at $20: $100
5 Eights at $2.50: $100
5 Sixty-fours at $.3125: $100

Trade large charts AS IF you were SCALPING small charts.

INVESTOPEDIA wrote:Scalpers typically take profits at 1:1 risk to reward or less, allowing their strategies to achieve a higher strike rate, rather than a high reward rate.


And now we circle back to 0.
What if a person cannot make 704 pips?
Or, 70.4 pips?

But could possibly every once in a while make 7.4.

No matter how you slice it a trader MUST make pips to make $$.

Here in lies the trouble for most.


MightyOne wrote:One last time, just in case people still don't get it.


I don't get it.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”