xXx

Postby xXx » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm

MO says: Always oversize your space.

How much space would you use?
Would that be...
Attachments
eurusd-m15-armada-markets.png
eurusd-m15-armada-markets.png (36.64 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Using a stop below the swing low, which is covered by both by the MOMO H1 Zline, Dragon Lines and the H4 Zline... So I figured I could afford to tighten things up...
"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate... our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..."

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 pm

xXx wrote:MO says: Always oversize your space.

How much space would you use?
Would that be...

My space would be 15, 25, or 35 pips.

Where before I might have entered for varying lot sizes I now initiate a trade at minimum size.

I have also cut my risk significantly to 0.5% per 10 pips while doubling the number of charts I trade at one time.

Start by using the smallest box size from the 2+ day extremes & then increase as needed.

Once in a trade immediately plan your double.
After you double you add 50% as if you were scalping in the direction of profit only instead of closing a small trade you liquidate everything.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 am

I'd like to tell you Jalarupa, I really appreciate the effort you put in all over this board (and others). You have really helped me understand these concepts even though I haven't been vocal until recently. Caps off to you sir.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:07 am

xXx wrote:What would you do if price closed above something?

What an excellent chart. I would just like to point out that wicks work well also. :D

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:48 am

Libertarian wrote:I'd like to tell you Jalarupa, I really appreciate the effort you put in all over this board (and others). You have really helped me understand these concepts even though I haven't been vocal until recently. Caps off to you sir.

Thank you for the kind words, i wish to remain of service and use to this community (which has given so much to me).

I am merely repeating what I have been shown by the great great traders here on this forum. All credit goes to them... and I appreciate their continued participation and endeavor in further enlightening and instructing me.

If ever I can be of any help further, please ask :)
"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate... our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..."

xXx

Postby xXx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 am

Jalarupa wrote:Image

Using a stop below the swing low, which is covered by both by the MOMO H1 Zline, Dragon Lines and the H4 Zline... So I figured I could afford to tighten things up...

Thank you.
Do you think that a beginner should have bigger box?

xXx

Postby xXx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 am

MightyOne wrote: My space would be 15, 25, or 35 pips.

Where before I might have entered for varying lot sizes I now initiate a trade at minimum size.

I have also cut my risk significantly to 0.5% per 10 pips while doubling the number of charts I trade at one time.

Start by using the smallest box size from the 2+ day extremes & then increase as needed.

Once in a trade immediately plan your double.
After you double you add 50% as if you were scalping in the direction of profit only instead of closing a small trade you liquidate everything.

By double do you mean the lot size?
Could you show an example on a chart please?
What about catching the weekly+?

xXx

Postby xXx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 am

Libertarian wrote:
xXx wrote:What would you do if price closed above something?

What an excellent chart. I would just like to point out that wicks work well also. :D

I will keep that in mind...
I was surprised how couple of lines can change your view dramatically 8)

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:26 pm

xXx wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Image

Thank you.
Do you think that a beginner should have bigger box?

Well i have experimented with box size... at first I was risking 1% over 100 pips...

That go me NOWHERE!!!

Then I started risking 3.5% at 60 pips... that got me scared out of trades off extremes only to watch the trade go in my favour... So i lost money and lost my awesome position...

I now risk 0.5% per trade on my first entry of a stack... and its cool cause if I think about it 0.5% means very little to me so I can lose it (heck I was losing way more when I was risking 3.5% /60 so in a way I'm glad that happened) so the psychological asoect has been tempered and I can explore adding our doubling my position at a pull back or breakout and then scalping half of a position size to my profit target .... Its an easy +2% off the first setup and then you can make that +2% work for you in your next setups... :)

Time to get MIGHTY!!!!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”