Shin Kaizen: Continuous Improvement!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am

Sorry but can't/won't show 'balance' by showing winning trades as I'm not going to wait to see how much money the thing loses to get a winning trade. I don't piss about, it's real money every time. That may seem harsh as we haven't conversed before on here but those that know me know that I call a spade a shovel :lol:

It doesn't have much more use than using a moving average so shows general drift, because AFAIK it's based on a Hull MA isn't it?

It lost twice in a row when clearly both trades should (potentially) have been wins. Clearly the thing changes late and any correlation is purely coincidence: about as much use as Stochastic.

This morning long all the way. SW coincidentally is green but reason for entering has nothing to do with it. Doji's bollys added for illustration
Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Shinobi-X
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:38 am
Reputation: 0
Location: SOHO
Gender: Male

Postby Shinobi-X » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Shinobi-X wrote:the reason i said that is because there are bad days and there are good days; there are terrible days and there are extremely pleasant days. this is so vivid to someone who has been trading long enough and can make money from the market regardless of what trading strategy he uses.

if you really want to be objective then you should state all the result of market situation (the good, the bad, the terrible and the pleasant days). this is so the members can really see what kreslik is all about.


so by saying this:

newscalper wrote:Sorry but can't/won't show 'balance' by showing winning trades


you are not being faithful to the purpose of this forum which is to submit great post that can help other trader. you simply don't want to contribute to the members here. and in that case please delete your post from this thread as the judgment that you render is statistically lacking. in fact, you're embarrassing yourself with that kind of judgment. the members will clearly see this.



also...

Shinobi-X wrote:one last thing... (i really mean the last in this forum for me) this setup will help you to make a guaranteed 20 to 30 pips on a daily basis (though it will take several trades to accomplish it due to the possible losses).

test:
use the trading tester script so you can train during weekend. train your eyes to see what's going on and the possibilities to make money. unlike other trading strategy, this trading method won't work on m1 so it's useless to train using m1 TF. you will really need to spend some time to watch m15. the more time you spend the better you will become at spotting profitable trading entries.


and by saying this:

newscalper wrote:I'm not going to wait to see how much money the thing loses to get a winning trade. It just lost twice in a row when clearly both trades should (potentially) have been wins.


you are clearly being sloppy by not paying attention. i clearly warned the members the possible losses and the potential profit. i offered the members a balanced opinion so they would not come to the same conclusion as you. i also did mention to test it with strategy tester script (or you can use a live cent account to reduce the impact of loss in live trading environment). in short, i already anticipate a case like yours before it happened. but obviously, even my anticipation did not work. my bad. i should've put them in bold, red color and big sized font so it will surely be noticed by other members and this case won't happen again in the future. but then again, my posts are important and it certainly won't look nice to do it to all my posts. i can imagine what would the forum look like if TRO, MO, dragon33 and es/pip made all of their posts in bold, red and big fonts (because all of their posts are they are all freakin' important).


newscalper wrote:Clearly the thing changes late and any correlation is purely coincidence: about as much use as Stochastic.


change late, no problem. i can wait.

but coincidence?
wow... that's a big statement. maybe you submit that word without even thinking about it too much. i don't want to brag or do anything on this level but you really should know that you would be utterly dwarfed by the amount of man hours that i put into searching the combination to arrive at this stage. among the hundreds of indicators that i tested, and then trying to find the proper setting and fail and repeat that process and then trying to find the perfect combination (with other indicator) and fail and repeat the process again and again and again. all done by keeping in mind what TRO, MO, dragon33 and es/pip taught on this forum. a painful, long but worthy path indeed.

oh... i also need to remind you that the coders of those indicators are not simpletons that rely on coincidence.

so let me tell you straight... you got the ready product; if you don't like it then leave it. if you complain then state the problem and we or i myself will try to find the solution/ways to improve it. if you want to render a judgment then be fair by providing strong and solid evidence/stats. if you want to do none of those then at least be considerate and don't post anything because in the end you don't want (as per your own post) to contribute anything.





now if you are really that good in chart reading/ PA and can rake in lots of pips then please open up your own thread so we can also learn from your trading strategy; don't just leech from the super traders. give something back to the members. you've been on this forum for years, no? i for one would like to learn what other things you can expound.

this post is a bit rough, i know. but i will uphold balanced opinion on this thread so the members won't be misled by one-sided opinion.


lastly, this thread become more interesting because of your intriguing posts. thank you for that :) :) :)



@everyone
as per dragon33's post i tried to find out the untold story of the man who made a million and lost it and made a comeback. even so, i have to revise what i said. actually, he made a million dollar in other trading account. the story that i mentioned on the first post trails his 1 million dollar journey from the beginning of July and ended in the middle of that month while on the other trading account he started from June and made his million around the 12th of July. and he withdrew $1,159,939.65 from that trading account.

i don't know for sure about this story because this is what i found from the internet (his blog actually). the man is real and you can see him in the vid. he doesn't look like a millionaire though judging from his style but who knows. he lives in Malaysia and most of the people there are humble they don't like to show off.

here's the blog:

http://gogogreengo (dot) blogspot (dot) com/2012/10/profit-usd1177-million (dot) html

remove the dots and space. (i'm sorry for doing this but this is what i'll if this is my forum).\
Last edited by Shinobi-X on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The gap between reality and dream is called action.

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

News, check you pm....
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm

lol

I don't just 'leech' off 'super traders', all of whom are here on Kreslik and every other forum in the world pmsl.

I think you'll find I AM posting in the spirit of the forum, which isn't about indicators that have somehow been tweaked to be totally in tune with the market with magic settings, that will work forever. It never was. Do Dragon, Tro Mo etc use any such magic indicators or teach the use of them? :lol:

If what you say about SW being created by minds greater than ours etc is true, that must apply for every indicator created yes? So why don't we all start trading Stochastics, TDI, MTF Heiken etc etc. I'll tell you why, because they're all derivatives made for people searching for the Holy Grail. Do Stochastics tell me if price is above or below a line?

Hey, maybe I've got it wrong?

Other people, sorry if I'm out of tune with the forum. Let's just blindly believe everything every new trading 'guru' presents and lose our bankroll. Caveat Emptor.

Use the thing if you want but ultimately you'll be going up a blind alley. Do you want to become reliant on an indicator that you have no idea on what it's doing?

I'll leave the thread at that. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist
turned red on the brekout
Image

Now it's green again
Image

Looks like the perfect long setup to me
Image

but quite happy to show that in this instance it was correct in the end
Image
Last edited by newscalper on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Cheers Doji :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Shinobi-X
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:38 am
Reputation: 0
Location: SOHO
Gender: Male

Postby Shinobi-X » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 am

newscalper wrote:I don't just 'leech' off 'super traders', all of whom are here on Kreslik and every other forum in the world pmsl.


okay then, i'll be waiting for your thread to see how you dissect the market and extract profit from it. again, i'm willing to learn from other people if it means i can up my trading performance.




newscalper wrote:...which isn't about indicators that have somehow been tweaked to be totally in tune with the market with magic settings, that will work forever. It never was. Do Dragon, Tro Mo etc use any such magic indicators or teach the use of them?


now i understand that you are not paying attention to what other people said in their posts. maybe you wrote that in rage because clearly you didn't seem to digest what i said in my posts.

please calm down first and then read this...

Shinobi-X wrote:...all done by keeping in mind what TRO, MO, dragon33 and es/pip taught on this forum.


i hope you understand what i've been trying to say.




newscalper wrote:...Do Dragon, Tro Mo etc use any such magic indicators or teach the use of them?


the indicators were there to help you automate some of the processes. yes, not all. TRO released his indicators and as a matter of fact most of the indicator on this forum was done/modified by TRO. Dragon used indicators in the past too (don't know about now). MO's ideas gave birth to multiple indicators on this forum. do they rely on indicators though? hell no. they can see the market with plain eyes. the indicators were just there to ease them or as a tool to help members see something. again, they never relied solely on indicators. i did tell people to learn how to use their brain:

Shinobi-X wrote:...this is only a trading strategy but we still need to use our brain power to analyze the whole situation (read what the chart is saying to you). therefore, it would be a plus if you have good skills in reading the chart (that's the core foundation of kreslik's entire knowledge Smile )


i hope my language is clear enough.




newscalper wrote:If what you say about SW being created by minds greater than ours etc is true...


they do have greater minds in which they can translate their way (or other people's way) of market readings into a working indicator. i don't know about their trading and i never said they are good in trading but they are indeed great coders. Holy grail is a separate discussion so let's leave it behind.




newscalper wrote:...that must apply for every indicator created yes?


no. when did i say "every indicator created"? please point me to the specific post where i said that. i said specifically the 3lzz and SW as you were ranting about those indicators. i talk about specifics and you generalize. great lol.




newscalper wrote:...So why don't we all start trading Stochastics, TDI, MTF Heiken etc etc. I'll tell you why, because they're all derivatives made for people searching for the Holy Grail.


tell me then... the people who uses those indis that you mentioned... are they making money? some yes, some no. some, not all. again, leave the holy grail behind. we're not talking about the ultimate trading indicator that can make money on every trade. there never was such indicator and there will never be. it's about how to use the indicator that is important keeping in mind that there is also the possibility of loss. is that clear enough? no more holy grail talk, ok.




newscalper wrote:Do Stochastics tell me if price is above or below a line?


to think that someone who has been around kreslik for years can say something like this is beyond my comprehension. seriously. every indicator (or trading system) targets different/specific market scenario. do you follow? and i did say this, didn't i? even a newbie understand full well that if you want to use DTB v9 trading system you can't use Stochastics or Heikin Ashi because they are not part of the concepts of DTB v9. how come you came back here and say so "Do Stochastics tell me if price is above or below a line? " that is simply ridiculous. if you are looking to see the close above or below scenario then you should look for the indicator(s) that does that.




newscalper wrote:Let's just blindly believe everything every new trading 'guru' presents and lose our bankroll. Caveat Emptor.


speechless...

i never said i am a trading guru nor do i claim to be one. i simply came back to the forum trying to give something back to this forum based on my findings that is based on the teachings of the super traders from this forum. is there anything wrong with that?

blindly, huh? i did specifically say that you should learn how to read the chart. let me quote them for you just in case you forgot:

Shinobi-X wrote:however, there are times where i don't take the trading signal even though the SW and 3lzz is pointing to the same direction. this is only a trading strategy but we still need to use our brain power to analyze the whole situation (read what the chart is saying to you). therefore, it would be a plus if you have good skills in reading the chart (that's the core foundation of kreslik's entire knowledge Smile )


Shinobi-X wrote:ultimately i hope that they can learn how to read the naked chart so even if the automation and indicators are taken away from them they will still be able to see the entries clearly. i hope the new members really pay attention to your post (and your past posts too).


also, you can definitely control how much money you can afford to lose. i did say that you can experiment with the % per pips in my previous post. if you want to be conservative then use small risk/lot size and if you want to be aggressive you can use such and such settings... here let me quote it for you:

Shinobi-X wrote:be free to experiment with your own money management technique. this area is flexible. again, you don't have to use the kind of lot size that i mentioned. you can go with whatever lot size that you want and you'll still make money from this but make sure to adjust your profit (in %) expectation too. also, if you are using this strategy along with other strategy you must lower the lot size. find out which lot size works for your combo.





let me summarize what happened to you...
1. you posted about your confusion regarding the trading strategy.
2. and then you posted your complain that the indicator is late and that dragon line is faster.
3. and then you complain about losing real money.
4. you made a statistically-lacking conclusion.
5. i tried to explain some things to you and wished you luck with your trading.
6. you don't want a balanced opinion approach, you brought back the "i lost money" complain, you said that "any correlation is purely coincidence:"
7. i again tried to explain some things, defend my balanced opinion approach.
8. you again posted what you posted.
9. i again tried to explain a few things while still defending my balanced opinion approach.

these things would not even happen if you followed even the first two steps that i mentioned on the 1st post:

Shinobi-X wrote:1. find out what works for you. how? test them all. there is really no shortcut. even if you learn from the best trader in the world you still have to test the strategy yourself because sometimes they just don't work for you for whatever reason. it is far easier to use something that fits you rather than you trying to fit into that strategy.

2. gain experience. even after you found out that the strategy works for you you will still need to gain real experience using that strategy. the reason being there will be surprises along the way. the market is dynamic and you will definitely bump into situations you've never imagined before. this is where you will need to adjust or find solution to tackle the problems.


and then this one:

Shinobi-X wrote:test:
use the trading tester script so you can train during weekend. train your eyes to see what's going on and the possibilities to make money. unlike other trading strategy, this trading method won't work on m1 so it's useless to train using m1 TF. you will really need to spend some time to watch m15. the more time you spend the better you will become at spotting profitable trading entries.


and i also gave this advise so the members won't be confused:

Shinobi-X wrote:if you ever have any other question about this particular trading strategy just review my posts over and over and over again because many a time you're too focused and you missed the obvious. people tend to see what they want to see and not seeing everything else.


obviously you only want to see what you want to see and not seeing everything else.




i think i already explained much of the things that you doubted or complained on. granted, we have difference of opinion. i never tried to change your mind/trading strategy. i repeat...

if you don't like it then leave it. if you complain then state the problem and we or i myself will try to find the solution/ways to improve it. if you want to render a judgment then be fair by providing strong and solid evidence/stats. if you want to do none of those then at least be considerate and don't post anything.

it's really that simple.




if you ever want to really contribute to the forum and specifically to this thread then please start with useful post that can help others.

this back and forth thing had cost kreslik almost 2 full pages so it's better to stop it right here. don't you agree? :)
The gap between reality and dream is called action.

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 am

Well, I said I'd leave it but....written in a rage. Oh yes :lol: of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TBH
TLDR

But of course it has the ultimate get out, to paraphrase 'use your own market knowledge'

Good luck with hoodwinking everyone :lol:

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 am

newscalper wrote: Good luck with hoodwinking everyone :lol:


I think that's terribly unkind and ask that you consider withdrawing your post/s, lest you discourage those, who are much better traders than ourselves, from freely giving of their time and experience.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

User avatar
newscalper
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby newscalper » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

No. I won't. If cages have been rattled. Good. If there really was a 'super trader' on a forum they wouldn't be frightened off by some cursory scrutiny. But they wouldn't be on a forum in the first place. No 'super trader' would change their methodology every 5 minutes either. They know their edge and play out the odds. End of. Just saying.

TRO writes indicators as we all know. Now I do not profess to speak for the man but those that he would probably use himself are based on what? I see two types, those based on statistics, and those which are based on straight lines. It's said time and time again on the site, if price is above a line it's up, if its below it's down. And it's true. That is it, what happens next...who knows? You don't know till it happens.

Now I do not say I'm a great trader, I'm not. But do you really BELIEVE after all your time on Kreslik that anything which is, at its core based on a squiggly derivative of price and which you have no idea (without further research) how it works or what it's doing is going to be of use? How much time do you have to waste going up, potentially, another blind alley?

Backtest it all you like but are you really going to put your faith and, ultimately your money into something you have no idea of? I have seen certain indicators that behave VERY differently in a sim than they do in real time and I know why they do too.

But If it helps you to SEE then great because ultimately you'll stop using it anyway but if it's a crutch you've really learned nothing.

Why the 'attack'? If you've been around the forums long enough you'll know why? They all start out the same, some vague pictures or incomplete instructions, and they are ALWAYS vague and purposely so (btw I'm an aspie, check out what that means...why do you think I asked about the sema? Was there a clear answer...NO, has there been a clear answer since? Has the entry even actually been defined properly? Read it again, no it hasn't. Yeah I know the presenter isn't English speaking but if you're going to present it in English, better present it so that it can be fully understood).

On that basis rather than continuing to learn about price, price discovery and price movement we're instead going to spend the next how long playing with indicators in a sim to somehow prove something that is being presented as, I don't know, ...fact?

I won't stop you or anyone else doing that but ask yourself why you're doing it please...and perhaps why someone else would want you to do it?

And then follows another 1000 pages of drivel, charts explanations of why it went wrong, the trader is wrong if a trade lost as the 'system' is never wrong...oh you didn't take this that or the other into account etc etc....which you see on every thread going. Even when on page 1 the poster may actually state 'this method has an 75% hit rate'....but never backs it up with ANYTHING and usually with nothing w.r.t how to run winning trades (use your discretion), at least in that respect this thread gives you a TP.

Other traders will later in the thread attack every singe post showing a losing trade etc etc, which is HILARIOUS when for a 75% edge you can have how many losing trades in a row in a series??

So if the trader's 'market knowledge' is the thing that is actually paramount and it's actually entirely discretionary anyway, the 'system', actually a series of vague entry considerations and nothing else are actually completely surplus to requirements.


Anyway, I promised I wouldn't do this. I'm gone from the thread (thank God you say). But I'll pop back in when it reaches post 1000 for a chuckle.

I don't know why TRO and MO bother with us I really don't
:shock:

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

newscalper wrote:No. I won't. If cages have been rattled. Good. If there really was a 'super trader' on a forum they wouldn't be frightened off by some cursory scrutiny. But they wouldn't be on a forum in the first place. No 'super trader' would change their methodology every 5 minutes either. They know their edge and play out the odds. End of. Just saying.

TRO writes indicators as we all know. Now I do not profess to speak for the man but those that he would probably use himself are based on what? I see two types, those based on statistics, and those which are based on straight lines. It's said time and time again on the site, if price is above a line it's up, if its below it's down. And it's true. That is it, what happens next...who knows? You don't know till it happens.

Now I do not say I'm a great trader, I'm not. But do you really BELIEVE after all your time on Kreslik that anything which is, at its core based on a squiggly derivative of price and which you have no idea (without further research) how it works or what it's doing is going to be of use? How much time do you have to waste going up, potentially, another blind alley?

Backtest it all you like but are you really going to put your faith and, ultimately your money into something you have no idea of? I have seen certain indicators that behave VERY differently in a sim than they do in real time and I know why they do too.

But If it helps you to SEE then great because ultimately you'll stop using it anyway but if it's a crutch you've really learned nothing.

Why the 'attack'? If you've been around the forums long enough you'll know why? They all start out the same, some vague pictures or incomplete instructions, and they are ALWAYS vague and purposely so (btw I'm an aspie, check out what that means...why do you think I asked about the sema? Was there a clear answer...NO, has there been a clear answer since? Has the entry even actually been defined properly? Read it again, no it hasn't. Yeah I know the presenter isn't English speaking but if you're going to present it in English, better present it so that it can be fully understood).

On that basis rather than continuing to learn about price, price discovery and price movement we're instead going to spend the next how long playing with indicators in a sim to somehow prove something that is being presented as, I don't know, ...fact?

I won't stop you or anyone else doing that but ask yourself why you're doing it please...and perhaps why someone else would want you to do it?

And then follows another 1000 pages of drivel, charts explanations of why it went wrong, the trader is wrong if a trade lost as the 'system' is never wrong...oh you didn't take this that or the other into account etc etc....which you see on every thread going. Even when on page 1 the poster may actually state 'this method has an 75% hit rate'....but never backs it up with ANYTHING and usually with nothing w.r.t how to run winning trades (use your discretion), at least in that respect this thread gives you a TP.

Other traders will later in the thread attack every singe post showing a losing trade etc etc, which is HILARIOUS when for a 75% edge you can have how many losing trades in a row in a series??

So if the trader's 'market knowledge' is the thing that is actually paramount and it's actually entirely discretionary anyway, the 'system', actually a series of vague entry considerations and nothing else are actually completely surplus to requirements.


Anyway, I promised I wouldn't do this. I'm gone from the thread (thank God you say). But I'll pop back in when it reaches post 1000 for a chuckle.

I don't know why TRO and MO bother with us I really don't
:shock:


"Other traders will later in the thread attack every singe post showing a losing trade etc etc, which is HILARIOUS when for a 75% edge you can have how many losing trades in a row in a series??"

You didn't define the sample size but, technically you can have all losses in just about any sample size except infinity. As sample size increases, average should approach 75%.

I wasn't responding to bust your balls or anything like that. I don't mind that you post your opinion. I read and research "opinions" from many just to see if they spark an idea.

I am an advocate of protecting "Your Capital" and knowing as much as you can about your tradeing method especially if you use indicators, you need to know what they are showing you and not blindly trade them.

Here is a pic of my indicators.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”