ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:25 am

Relax fella's,
It's not about the money, it's about "this" trade.

As simple as 1,2,3.

If,
I focus on each trade in the following manner.
1. Objectively identify the edge.
2. Pre-define and accept the risk of each trade.
3. Act without hesitation or reservation. (This includes cutting losses)
Things will go well.

I will make more pips!!
His goal is 20-40 pips a day.
He trades all three sessions.

I trade 1ish hr london.
2-3 hrs NY.

Relax.
http://www.michaelcovel.com/2008/04/10/ ... psaw-song/
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Relax fella's,
It's not about the money, it's about "this" trade.

As simple as 1,2,3.

If,
I focus on each trade in the following manner.
1. Objectively identify the edge.
2. Pre-define and accept the risk of each trade.
3. Act without hesitation or reservation. (This includes cutting losses)
Things will go well.

I will make more pips!!
His goal is 20-40 pips a day.
He trades all three sessions.

I trade 1ish hr london.
2-3 hrs NY.

Relax.
http://www.michaelcovel.com/2008/04/10/ ... psaw-song/



so what you are trying to tell me is that trading 10x your current size is not going to affect you emotionally as long as you stick to your plan :roll:

this is not going to be a good idea

1. you will be emotional
2. you shouldn't trade a goal, and now you are going to trade your goal and to also to beat his daily pip goal.

"It's not about the money, it's about "this" trade."

--- it is about the trade and not about the money but the money causes emotions and emotions cause stupid trader mistakes. You already know this, but seem to think it will be different this time for some reason.

not going to say anything else on it

good luck
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:31 am

The dream of all dreams................
I envision this when I sleep, When I'm day dreaming at work, it's when I wake that kicks my ass.

Written by M.O.

I don't think that anyone here has ever attempted to trade as I do...

My method is not about finding a trade today, but finding a trade with the greatest value where value is defined as the possibility for price to move in a single direction for days, weeks, or months.

It takes advancing and then retreating from corrections once or twice and the willingness to risk everything that you have made thus far in exchange for massive profit.
It takes sitting out of a pair for days or weeks while the heavens align.
It takes entering on small time frames and working the trade into the larger charts.

As soon as a trade is significantly in profit I can manage the trade with a smartphone.


When I first showed the method to the people here I wasn't dipping below 4 hour bars for analysis...
even now I will not trade against three hour momentum.

Starting from the multiple minute chart before moving the trade to the hourly helps to reduce risk.
You could stay on the small time frame charts however it is unlikely that you will traverse great distances with small feet :Shocked:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 pm

I started reading this thread because MightyOne mentioned
he did some posts here. Starting from post 1 until page 84
I started to actually feel sick.

Wow, PRO this thread brought back some memories of my
path to learning to trade. I was skipping around from system
to system. I would worry about missing moves so I would have
too many indicators and systems to watch.

I learned to be a trend follower then I realized there is always
a different trend going on depending on your timeframe. So
that was not the answer. That was only one example, I went
a lot of indicators and methods.

I then learned to focus on ONE method of trading. I learned to
trade the news successfully. 100% return per month, and I
was getting better. Eventually this type of trading became almost
impossible because of several factors. I had to learn something
new to replace it.

Back to the drawing board, I went down the path as PRO has been
with a bunch of things going on. I eventually settled on ONE type
of trading method. I was using supply/demand methodology alone
until I came across MightyOne. His ZL methodology has meshed
well with Supply/Demand. Now I am looking for supply/ demand
balances/imbalances with held profit.

The moral to the story is:
PICK ONE DAMN METHOD PRO, AND MASTER THE HELL OUT OF IT
PICK MONEY MANAGEMENT WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RIGHT 90%
ONE LAST THING HAVE YOUR WIFE SIT NEXT TO YOU AND SMACK
THE PI$$ OUT OF YOU WHEN YOU BREAK YOUR RULES.

User avatar
Patch
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Virginia
Real name: Jeff
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Patch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 pm

aliassmith

I really enjoy your post and am glad you have joined Kreslik. I laughed OUT Loud when I read your Moral Of The Story: PICK ONE DAMN METHOD PRO, AND MASTER THE HELL OUT OF IT PICK MONEY MANAGEMENT WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RIGHT 90% ONE LAST THING HAVE YOUR WIFE SIT NEXT TO YOU AND SMACK THE PI$$ OUT OF YOU WHEN YOU BREAK YOUR RULES.

We all need someone sitting next to us smacking the Pips out of us when we don't follow our own rules. Fantastic.

I am curious, you mention that you did really well trading the news until something happened. Have you identified what happened that made your strategy move from 100% a month to a loosing strategy?

Thanks, Patch, In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Patch wrote:aliassmith

I really enjoy your post and am glad you have joined Kreslik. I laughed OUT Loud when I read your Moral Of The Story: PICK ONE DAMN METHOD PRO, AND MASTER THE HELL OUT OF IT PICK MONEY MANAGEMENT WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RIGHT 90% ONE LAST THING HAVE YOUR WIFE SIT NEXT TO YOU AND SMACK THE PI$$ OUT OF YOU WHEN YOU BREAK YOUR RULES.

We all need someone sitting next to us smacking the Pips out of us when we don't follow our own rules. Fantastic.

I am curious, you mention that you did really well trading the news until something happened. Have you identified what happened that made your strategy move from 100% a month to a loosing strategy?

Thanks, Patch, In VA


Hi Patch.

I had to stop trading the news because the broker I was using actually
went bankrupt. It was hard enough finding a broker where I can get good
spreads and fills during news. There were other brokers/spread betting
places I could use, but not so reliable.

The second reason was the economy. At one point the news would have
a very predictable pattern. Once the "economy retrace" started hitting
mainstream, the results were hard to predict.

So now I learn a method that is not effected by those things and make
the same return :)

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:39 am

+25.9 asian

Yeah, my first 2 entries went 30 more pips without me.
Yeah, I had 2 other entries that went 20 and 30 pips after I exited.
Yeah, I still have some emotions.
Yeah, I'm human.

Yeah, I've got to deal with it to be successful.

EUR/JPY 10 S 132.754 132.670 8.4 9.06 0.00 8/30/2009 20:53 8/30/2009 20:54
EUR/JPY 10 S 132.758 132.664 9.4 10.14 0.00 8/30/2009 20:53 8/30/2009 20:54
EUR/JPY 10 B 132.847 132.758 -8.9 -9.59 0.00 8/30/2009 20:52 8/30/2009 20:53
EUR/JPY 10 S 133.615 133.604 1.1 1.18 0.00 8/30/2009 19:50 8/30/2009 19:59
EUR/JPY 10 S 133.564 133.455 10.9 11.67 0.00 8/30/2009 18:38 8/30/2009 18:53
EUR/JPY 9 S 133.553 133.550 0.3 0.29 0.00 8/30/2009 18:38 8/30/2009 18:43
EUR/JPY 1 B 133.590 133.553 -3.7 -0.40 0.00 8/30/2009 18:30 8/30/2009 18:38
EUR/JPY 10 S 133.502 133.497 0.5 0.54 0.00 8/30/2009 18:21 8/30/2009 18:26
GBP/JPY 1 B 151.807 151.825 1.8 0.19 0.00 8/30/2009 17:36 8/30/2009 17:43
EUR/JPY 1 B 133.505 133.566 6.1 0.65 0.00 8/30/2009 17:36 8/30/2009 17:43
72 25.9 23.73 0.00



AT LEAST I'M GOING WITH THE MOMO
Oh, BTW,
The wife was at work so no one to slap the piss out of me to keep me from exiting before my tp was hit..........hehehe

Image
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Asian, London, and New York combine.

+7.2 pips total.

I won't show the trades because it was a rough night/day.

I will say truthfully once rolling that $1 pips started feeling the same as 10 cent pips. I wasn't even thinking about $ and was just getting pissed at my exits. They stink.

WE ARE TALKING 20SEC -2 MIN TO SOON!!!

Unbelievable how far the market can move just after you exit your trade, most times for a small loss.

Those guys are very tricky the way the move that thing around.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

While I can't say...

Postby razorboy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

that I trade quite like MO......but I get the idea of sitting on your hands.....and using the small time frame to manage risk. ive gotten my average loss down to about 9 pips....(and have yet to have one of those trades turn around and hit my profit target) as evidenced by my trading stats on the ej


After 55 days of trading....

in pips Risk Return payoff ratio
win ratio 8.42 114.37 13.58
0.24 6.36 27.98 4.4 (risk adjusted)

24% win rate.............earn 4 dollars for every dollar wagered.........on 93 trades.........less than 2 trades a day


prochargedmopar wrote:The dream of all dreams................
I envision this when I sleep, When I'm day dreaming at work, it's when I wake that kicks my ass.

Written by M.O.

I don't think that anyone here has ever attempted to trade as I do...

My method is not about finding a trade today, but finding a trade with the greatest value where value is defined as the possibility for price to move in a single direction for days, weeks, or months.

It takes advancing and then retreating from corrections once or twice and the willingness to risk everything that you have made thus far in exchange for massive profit.
It takes sitting out of a pair for days or weeks while the heavens align.
It takes entering on small time frames and working the trade into the larger charts.

As soon as a trade is significantly in profit I can manage the trade with a smartphone.


When I first showed the method to the people here I wasn't dipping below 4 hour bars for analysis...
even now I will not trade against three hour momentum.

Starting from the multiple minute chart before moving the trade to the hourly helps to reduce risk.
You could stay on the small time frame charts however it is unlikely that you will traverse great distances with small feet :Shocked:
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby razorboy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm

pro - since mid june i have been averaging 35 plus pips per day.................BUT there are weeks where my daily average is 2 pips and others when it is 80 and others when it is 50 and sometimes 10 (last week I lost all six trades and earned 2 pips a day).

So what am i getting at is focusing on a daily goal per se may not let you see the forest from the trees and cause you to throw the baby out with the bath water.............

pro - have you defined your edge and its risk reward?

PS.......no more metaphors from me.............


prochargedmopar wrote:Relax fella's,
It's not about the money, it's about "this" trade.

As simple as 1,2,3.

If,
I focus on each trade in the following manner.
1. Objectively identify the edge.
2. Pre-define and accept the risk of each trade.
3. Act without hesitation or reservation. (This includes cutting losses)
Things will go well.

I will make more pips!!
His goal is 20-40 pips a day.
He trades all three sessions.

I trade 1ish hr london.
2-3 hrs NY.

Relax.
http://www.michaelcovel.com/2008/04/10/ ... psaw-song/
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!



http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”