ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
monolisa
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 am
Reputation: 0
Location: All Quiet on the Western Front
Gender: None specified

Postby monolisa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:14 am

Pro,

FYI the down bar prior to the uptrend showed low volume. This means there wasn't much supply floating around. Given the background is bullish,
it is more favourable to long than short.

Lis

prochargedmopar wrote:Tried 2nd live Z-line trade today.

After thinking about this a bit I feel that taking the trade in consolidation was not a good idea. Kinda like steve nison said about using candles in context.
Candles ONLY give reversal signals if there is a prior trend before the candle or combination of candles can be used.

Anyway,
I went short at 134.17 on the wick of a bar following what I thought was a momo H1 candle. Target was the 133.50 area. (zeroed)
It engulfed the previous bar and was about twice the size.
OK. (red line is near entries on wick of spinning top below arrow) Disregard the dashed lines.....

First entry I was up 16.8 pips...moved stop to B/E.
Bam, out at +0.7.
Okay then, how's about I get a better price hehehe?
In again short at 134.20.
Up about 8 pips so moved stop to B/E.
Bam, out again at 0.0.
Enough of that.

I decided forget this, I just left over 25 pips on the table.......I'm gonna scalp this crap. hehehehe

+114.3

Here is the pick of my entries/ exits at same location......hehehe
No I didn't take the long momo bar on breakout because I had my nose too close to the screen scalping pips. See above. LOL

last 30 entries posted below but a few more were taken.
I SEE the potential available...waiting on the long entry would have been sugar sweet.......who says you can't add entries after corrections? (which knowing my trigger finger........I WILL) ;)
Hundreds and hundreds of pips available just as you say MightyOne.

Image

13218257 EUR/JPY 1 S 135.303 135.060 24.3 2.56 0.00 7/23/2009 10:35 7/23/2009 10:50
13217553 EUR/JPY 1 S 135.243 135.105 13.8 1.46 0.00 7/23/2009 10:21 7/23/2009 10:25
13216947 EUR/JPY 1 S 135.168 135.000 16.8 1.77 0.00 7/23/2009 10:12 7/23/2009 10:14
13216772 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.990 135.119 12.9 1.36 0.00 7/23/2009 10:09 7/23/2009 10:11
13216778 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.997 135.119 12.2 1.28 0.00 7/23/2009 10:09 7/23/2009 10:11
13216780 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.990 135.119 12.9 1.36 0.00 7/23/2009 10:09 7/23/2009 10:11
13216775 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.994 135.119 12.5 1.32 0.00 7/23/2009 10:09 7/23/2009 10:11
13216439 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.893 134.995 -10.2 -1.08 0.00 7/23/2009 10:02 7/23/2009 10:09
13216384 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.881 134.983 -10.2 -1.08 0.00 7/23/2009 10:00 7/23/2009 10:09
13216381 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.880 134.982 -10.2 -1.08 0.00 7/23/2009 10:00 7/23/2009 10:09
13216379 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.862 134.960 -9.8 -1.03 0.00 7/23/2009 10:00 7/23/2009 10:01
13216338 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.935 134.869 -6.6 -0.70 0.00 7/23/2009 10:00 7/23/2009 10:00
13216216 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.868 134.970 -10.2 -1.07 0.00 7/23/2009 09:57 7/23/2009 10:00
13216124 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.898 134.893 -0.5 -0.05 0.00 7/23/2009 09:56 7/23/2009 09:57
13216063 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.839 134.893 5.4 0.57 0.00 7/23/2009 09:55 7/23/2009 09:57
13215700 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.701 134.803 -10.2 -1.08 0.00 7/23/2009 09:48 7/23/2009 09:55
13215380 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.512 134.490 2.2 0.23 0.00 7/23/2009 09:43 7/23/2009 09:44
13215266 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.540 134.561 2.1 0.22 0.00 7/23/2009 09:40 7/23/2009 09:43
13214454 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.151 134.085 6.6 0.70 0.00 7/23/2009 09:18 7/23/2009 09:27
13214435 EUR/USD 1 S 1.41966 1.41965 0.1 0.01 0.00 7/23/2009 09:18 7/23/2009 09:23
13214085 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.165 134.158 -0.7 -0.07 0.00 7/23/2009 09:11 7/23/2009 09:15
13214210 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.120 134.158 3.8 0.40 0.00 7/23/2009 09:15 7/23/2009 09:15
13213995 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.210 134.223 1.3 0.14 0.00 7/23/2009 09:08 7/23/2009 09:09
13213965 EUR/JPY 1 B 134.205 134.223 1.8 0.19 0.00 7/23/2009 09:08 7/23/2009 09:09
13213653 EUR/JPY 1 S 134.313 134.308 0.5 0.05 0.00 7/23/2009 09:04 7/23/2009 09:04
13213601 GBP/USD 1 S 1.64816 1.64803 1.3 0.13 0.00 7/23/2009 09:03 7/23/2009 09:03
13199545 EUR/JPY 1 B 133.360 133.378 1.8 0.19 0.00 7/22/2009 21:26 7/22/2009 21:27
13199333 EUR/JPY 1 S 133.478 133.468 1 0.11 0.00 7/22/2009 21:19 7/22/2009 21:19
13199128 EUR/JPY 1 B 133.333 133.338 0.5 0.05 0.00 7/22/2009 21:08 7/22/2009 21:08
13198431 GBP/USD 1 B 1.64364 1.64367 0.3 0.03 0.00 7/22/2009 20:24 7/22/2009 20:30
Total 30 65.5 6.89 0.00
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Today
-358 PIPS...........

A combination of higher pip value/fear/greed/ and an inability to be wrong.

Oops, I did it again.

Account drained, almost. LOL
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 pm

You know what, this is (%$&@*&@^).....
I'm doubling the pip value.
And again when account doubles.....less than 2 weeks!!!

I can make pips, you can make pips....
So, what the problem is. hehehe
FOCUS!! AWARENESS! CONTROL!
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby razorboy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Pro

Do you know your probabilities yet? Do you know how much money you make every time you take a position? Do you have a positive expectancy?

Find out the answers.........otherwise all you'll ever get is lucky, rather than good. It is within your grasps, just up your daily dose of Ritalin and think of the math behind what you are doing. It will help you deal with the drawdowns and keep you from randomly wacking everything you think you see..........
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Today
-358 PIPS...........

A combination of higher pip value/fear/greed/ and an inability to be wrong.

Oops, I did it again.

Account drained, almost. LOL



PRO PRO PRO PRO

sigh

what happened exactly today

Did you move your stops to extreme values?

Did u start avg. down when u were wrong?

What happened?

u can do this--- i know u can

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Well,
I took a trade before I crashed.
Looked at chart then:

Said to self, If this things breaks this point (31 pips down) I'm wrong.
If I want to make it worth the risk I need at least 2:1.

I set tp at 113, (a level I figured it would eventually hit)
I set stop at 35,

When I woke it had been to +91
It was pulling back so I closed it at +63.
Just less than 2:1.

An easy trade that doesn't count in my book because e/j dropped a gazillion pips so the odds were in my favor of a couple pip retrace.

EUR/JPY 10 B 133.371 134.001 63 66.65 0.00 7/28/2009 12:13 7/28/2009 17:17
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Well,
I took a trade before I crashed.
Looked at chart then:

Said to self, If this things breaks this point (31 pips down) I'm wrong.
If I want to make it worth the risk I need at least 2:1.

I set tp at 113, (a level I figured it would eventually hit)
I set stop at 35,

When I woke it had been to +91
It was pulling back so I closed it at +63.
Just less than 2:1.

An easy trade that doesn't count in my book because e/j dropped a gazillion pips so the odds were in my favor of a couple pip retrace.

EUR/JPY 10 B 133.371 134.001 63 66.65 0.00 7/28/2009 12:13 7/28/2009 17:17


??


i thought you said u lost 300 ish pips and blew the account-- per your post above

maybe i misunderstood

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby razorboy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 pm

you need to figure out the edge/entry that give you 2:1 reward when you get in a trade, you cant get into a random trade and hope for it to pay off like that. you need to have a set up in mind

No such thing as an easy trade......a win is a win...........


prochargedmopar wrote:Well,
I took a trade before I crashed.
Looked at chart then:

Said to self, If this things breaks this point (31 pips down) I'm wrong.
If I want to make it worth the risk I need at least 2:1.

I set tp at 113, (a level I figured it would eventually hit)
I set stop at 35,

When I woke it had been to +91
It was pulling back so I closed it at +63.
Just less than 2:1.

An easy trade that doesn't count in my book because e/j dropped a gazillion pips so the odds were in my favor of a couple pip retrace.

EUR/JPY 10 B 133.371 134.001 63 66.65 0.00 7/28/2009 12:13 7/28/2009 17:17
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!



http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 am

es/pip,

I did. That was an end of NY session trade just before bed.
I lost $349 of a $540 account using $1 pips.....I'd say that pretty much blew it for about 2 hrs. trading....

Yes, I add positions after a loss, most times.
Not one to really move stops but I did on a couple today....
after getting down a couple hundred I got greedy on a couple.....I was +144 on one with a "few" entries going....ended up being stopped at -95 on all positions......Also Was +84 on another trade but ended up closing at 2.1.

Not a good day......e/j was tanking and I continued to buy, buy, buy......
Crazy, crazy, crazy.....I did try to sell a couple times but would get stopped out at -10.2......
fear of having it reverse after being so far down.....but I'm not sure why I'll continue to step in front of the train......weird.

I've got to figure that out because If I only took trades with prevailing trend, with the entries I get most times I could scalp the crud out of it. I usually see some pips but then because I'm going against trend it turns and doesn't come back. Well, maybe a weeks or so. LOL

Hmmmmm


Today,
Not so good.
Asian session (-2.8 ) plus the one trade (63) while I was sleeping.

EUR/JPY 20 S 134.189 134.125 6.4 0.00 7/28/2009 20:51 7/28/2009 20:59
EUR/JPY 20 S 134.183 134.125 5.8 0.00 7/28/2009 20:53 7/28/2009 20:59
EUR/JPY 20 B 134.235 134.189 -4.6 0.00 7/28/2009 20:49 7/28/2009 20:51
EUR/JPY 20 S 134.153 134.230 -7.7 0.00 7/28/2009 20:49 7/28/2009 20:49
EUR/JPY 20 B 133.705 133.783 7.8 0.00 7/28/2009 19:09 7/28/2009 19:10
EUR/JPY 20 S 133.703 133.706 -0.3 0.00 7/28/2009 19:07 7/28/2009 19:09
EUR/JPY 20 S 133.598 133.700 -10.2 0.00 7/28/2009 19:05 7/28/2009 19:06
EUR/JPY 10 B 133.371 134.001 63 0.00 7/28/2009 12:13 7/28/2009 17:17
150 60.2 0.00
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby razorboy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:15 am

Pro,
I say this as someone with no vested interest or agenda......


For your own sanity, enough with this already, its like watching a man put his left hand in a manual meat grinder and turn the handle with his right hand.

You need to find yourself a winning system - there are tons out there. Yes, a system, that gives you signals to enter and exit. May even have a squigly line god forbid. You need to know what it is like to look at a screen in a systematic fashion. It may mean that sometimes make 2 trades in 3 days and lose both, but that is part of the game

There is no valor in trading with just horizontal lines or any TRO indicator if you do not WIN. I think you can no longer see the forest for the trees. The point of trading is not the dogmatic adherence to a particular trading style (look ma, no squiggles). The point of trading is to WIN!!!! Your ultimate goal should be "what can i do to take razor's, mighty's, E/Spip's, TRO's and everyone one else's money away from them". As long as it is legal (and even then) who cares if it uses an MA cross, RSI or price alone or even sunspots as long as it is profitable............

Ya, I sound like a self righteous harpie, but..................

DO THE QUARTER EXERCISE!!!! START UNDERSTANDING PROBABILITIES!!! Find a winning set up!!!! Do it for your own financial sanity and future. You can stack the deck in your favor if you know what you are doing.....................

Now figure it out and stop giving me your pips...............


prochargedmopar wrote:es/pip,

I did. That was an end of NY session trade just before bed.
I lost $349 of a $540 account using $1 pips.....I'd say that pretty much blew it for about 2 hrs. trading....

Yes, I add positions after a loss, most times.
Not one to really move stops but I did on a couple today....
after getting down a couple hundred I got greedy on a couple.....I was +144 on one with a "few" entries going....ended up being stopped at -95 on all positions......Also Was +84 on another trade but ended up closing at 2.1.

Not a good day......e/j was tanking and I continued to buy, buy, buy......
Crazy, crazy, crazy.....I did try to sell a couple times but would get stopped out at -10.2......
fear of having it reverse after being so far down.....but I'm not sure why I'll continue to step in front of the train......weird.

I've got to figure that out because If I only took trades with prevailing trend, with the entries I get most times I could scalp the crud out of it. I usually see some pips but then because I'm going against trend it turns and doesn't come back. Well, maybe a weeks or so. LOL

Hmmmmm


Today,
Not so good.
Asian session (-2.8 ) plus the one trade (63) while I was sleeping.

EUR/JPY 20 S 134.189 134.125 6.4 0.00 7/28/2009 20:51 7/28/2009 20:59
EUR/JPY 20 S 134.183 134.125 5.8 0.00 7/28/2009 20:53 7/28/2009 20:59
EUR/JPY 20 B 134.235 134.189 -4.6 0.00 7/28/2009 20:49 7/28/2009 20:51
EUR/JPY 20 S 134.153 134.230 -7.7 0.00 7/28/2009 20:49 7/28/2009 20:49
EUR/JPY 20 B 133.705 133.783 7.8 0.00 7/28/2009 19:09 7/28/2009 19:10
EUR/JPY 20 S 133.703 133.706 -0.3 0.00 7/28/2009 19:07 7/28/2009 19:09
EUR/JPY 20 S 133.598 133.700 -10.2 0.00 7/28/2009 19:05 7/28/2009 19:06
EUR/JPY 10 B 133.371 134.001 63 0.00 7/28/2009 12:13 7/28/2009 17:17
150 60.2 0.00
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!



http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”