ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 243
Gender: None specified

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby IgazI » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:13 pm

I love when you type a large post and this g-d d-mn f-k-ng site makes you log in again...

Basically...

What moves do you expect to see? what lengths are rare?

Congestion is made up of 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, and the guest appearance of a '6'.

Trending moves are created from a series of 7+ length columns which are periodically interrupted by single large columns which
do not usually change the overall direction of the trend; if price is going down then you'll see: 7+, 7+, maybe 7+ reversal (short it), and then
more 7+ in the direction of profit.

If you don't see a lot of 8's then why not fade 5, 6, and 7?

if 6's are common then try fading 8, 9, and 10.

In general you ignore 'congestion columns' because the opportunity is usually when price uses something closer to a 'trending column' but is not
yet ready to actually go anywhere that you make the easy profit.

For S&R you think about all of the likely combinations and place horizontal lines where those columns hit:
if price was going to move lower than the last '4' column then where would you expect it to go? did you say 4 + 3? It went 4 + 4 but that was close enough!

update4.png
update4.png (182.4 KiB) Viewed 576 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6408
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 595
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:59 pm

I know one thing.
This 5 pips 1:1 aint gonna cut it.

Gong to 1:2 SL/TP
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6408
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 595
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:11 pm

IgazI wrote:I love when you type a large post and this g-d d-mn f-k-ng site makes you log in again...

Basically...

What moves do you expect to see? what lengths are rare?

Congestion is made up of 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, and the guest appearance of a '6'.

Trending moves are created from a series of 7+ length columns which are periodically interrupted by single large columns which
do not usually change the overall direction of the trend; if price is going down then you'll see: 7+, 7+, maybe 7+ reversal (short it), and then
more 7+ in the direction of profit.

If you don't see a lot of 8's then why not fade 5, 6, and 7?

if 6's are common then try fading 8, 9, and 10.

In general you ignore 'congestion columns' because the opportunity is usually when price uses something closer to a 'trending column' but is not
yet ready to actually go anywhere that you make the easy profit.

For S&R you think about all of the likely combinations and place horizontal lines where those columns hit:
if price was going to move lower than the last '4' column then where would you expect it to go? did you say 4 + 3? It went 4 + 4 but that was close enough!

update4.png


It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 243
Gender: None specified

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby IgazI » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:05 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?



Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6408
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 595
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:08 pm

IgazI wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?



Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.


Hmmmmm
Your Theory must not work in all markets.
Fairly impossible.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 243
Gender: None specified

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby IgazI » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:30 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
IgazI wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?



Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.


Hmmmmm
Your Theory must not work in all markets.
Fairly impossible.


All you had to say was "I neither want nor require your assistance" :lol:

Goodbye, PRO.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 885
Gender: Male

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby aliassmith » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
IgazI wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?



Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.


Hmmmmm
Your Theory must not work in all markets.
Fairly impossible.


Each market would have its own rotation Calculations. The EU might have a 6 pip rotation. The ES might have a 13 tick rotation. The YM might have a 100 point rotation.

It could be very possible if you believe ICT and the same algo runs all the markets.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 243
Gender: None specified

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby IgazI » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:38 pm

aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
IgazI wrote:

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.


Hmmmmm
Your Theory must not work in all markets.
Fairly impossible.


Each market would have its own rotation Calculations. The EU might have a 6 pip rotation. The ES might have a 13 tick rotation. The YM might have a 100 point rotation.

It could be very possible if you believe ICT and the same algo runs all the markets.


Right, you need a histogram of 6 months to years of rotations and the time to go through them.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 885
Gender: Male

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby aliassmith » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:57 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I know one thing.
This 5 pips 1:1 aint gonna cut it.

Gong to 1:2 SL/TP


Well 1.5R trades can make a big difference when it comes to the math. 50% of your trades are winners then you can still make a lot of cash.

If you study market structure you can see how the algorithm operates. It seems to look for 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 moves. Use that modified fib with the 1x 2x etc and measure single candle breakouts.

I dont believe there is an overlord algo running the markets but a lot of algos are looking for similar things. They enter on triggers and exit on ratios and or triggers.

I'll continue this in my thread.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

buffalo
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm
Reputation: 4
Gender: None specified

Re: ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

Postby buffalo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 pm

IgazI wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
It all makes sense,
But does it?

Sounds good in theory, and I've seen A LOT of theories in my day, :D
but are YOU making money?



Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes; but not in Forex, because Forex is where dreams go to die.


What markets do you trade?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”