ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:25 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:"what is it now for your trading M.O., 16 or 17??" -PRO

I am not quite sure that I understand what you are asking...


I remember you saying you had been trading X amount of years and that you were looking forward to what you would learn in the next X year of trading.....thought it was somewhere around 16 or so that you'd been at it...or maybe I mistakenly remember you were 16 when you started.??

And yes. The U.S. $ will NOT be in the tank in 5-10 years.....NO way.


I am 27 years old PRO, 28 as of March, and i have been trading for over a decade, thanks to my father.

My mother calls me boy-child but my beard is gray dmmit!
:lol:

The greatest lesson is this:

Lose nothing, risk everything.


Funny, with that much trading + wisdom I thought you was at least 40.
Hmm, I don't remember if I had any gray hair at 27 but that was about 10
years ago and currently only 10% gray anyways. :lol:

So: Lose nothing, Risk everything : the wisdom just pours out :)
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Look at all the trail stops......Insane and very aggravating.

Image
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:"what is it now for your trading M.O., 16 or 17??" -PRO

I am not quite sure that I understand what you are asking...


I remember you saying you had been trading X amount of years and that you were looking forward to what you would learn in the next X year of trading.....thought it was somewhere around 16 or so that you'd been at it...or maybe I mistakenly remember you were 16 when you started.??

And yes. The U.S. $ will NOT be in the tank in 5-10 years.....NO way.


I am 27 years old PRO, 28 as of March, and i have been trading for over a decade, thanks to my father.

My mother calls me boy-child but my beard is gray dmmit!
:lol:

The greatest lesson is this:

Lose nothing, risk everything.


A Fish, One of my more favorite wives was a fish, My current is a twin like me. Not that astrology has anything to do with anything, it just popped into my head when my late wife came to mind as she was born in march also. :lol:
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:50 pm

noushina wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:..... I got the forext tester 2 for x-mas from my dad.........
It seems to be pretty cool but I'm not sure how I will be able to adapt to the slow pace of the live market....??????

.....

I like FT a lot. I mostly use it on the weekends.

I use mine with the real tick data subscription. I mostly only run it for the hours I would normally trade, and often try to emulate live action by having the ticks flow in real time.

That is, I will step thru the bars until it is at a point I would probably enter (when I am thinking clear -- which is rare). Then at the entrance point I go to real time mode.

Other times I like to look at live tick real action for those head fakes (wash & rinse -- whatever you call it).

ALSO printed the forex factory calendar going back to end of March 2010 (the limit of the tick data available from ForexTester). This helps with back testing so as to know that news is coming.

Was thinking it might also be useful to print the Kathy Lien stuff going back that far so as to assess market sentiment for the days being experimented with. Fx360 has her stuff back to Sep 2008. Hope they don't remove it before I at least grab the 71 synopsis pages.


Ok, I've learned a couple more little nuances of the system and the results are pretty good so far after trading 12 chart days.

http://clip2net.com/s/Hdhr

Now, I'm going to re-download the data with a 2 offset so that my h4 candles will match that of fxdd. (my preferred charts/broker). Then I will start Jan 1st 09 (a few days after I went live) and trade ONLY the London session for 4hrs a day. If I have a trade that is open when I walk into work then I'll let an ea continue to manage it according to system rules.

Once I get my head together LIVE, I'm going to put on a trading clinic using 4 indicators. It's a setup that anybody with proper mindset can get 90%+ success rate with. GUARANTEED. And a big runner every 4th-5th entry.

But, and that is a big, big, BUT........your head has to be screwed on right to do it.

It is NOW a Happy New Year!!!!
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Traded with dad last night on his tester.

This morning I traded 3 sessions of London on the tester in about 2hrs. That first day is a once a year affair. What a way to start the year eh? :shock:
Didn't know how good I had it back in 08.

http://clip2net.com/s/Hhs7

Trades from the 3 sessions H1 view.

http://clip2net.com/s/HhvA
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
scratty
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby scratty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:05 am

es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
PTG wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
PTG wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
M.O., I do not short A/U.

Only longs


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeowfcCNnI :lol:


So what you think about not shorting A/U after today........? smarty pants

Plan your trade, Trade your plan, it's not in my plan. YOU can short it all you want. I'm trading it like I got 1 Mil in account and dont want to pay the carry expense.....LOL


Somehow I just knew this nice little clip would be interpreted totally wrong, but that's ok. It wasn't even meant for you :lol:

Anyway. Not that I have been trading this week, however I don't think while trading. The thinking should be done before that: plan + strategies. As long as you're on the right side of the order flow, it's ok. If not, you won't get to 1 Mil unless a) it's in Zimbabwe dollars or b) it's in US dollars in -say- 5-10 years from now. How's that for smarty pants :smt080


I believe that the United States is going to pull a rabbit out of its hat, but maybe that is because I am an opponent of gold.



i hope you are right

i think we are in for a disaster

i am thinking, the US treasuries will crash, all commodities will go crazy ( hyper inflation) equity markets are going to crash hard. We will see 5-7 a gallon in gas


the one good thing that may come out of all that is the possibility of a flat tax.


i hope you are right though, that is just what i see happening

i am by no means making trading decisions off that, i will do whatever it does. I just do not see us coming out of this in 1 piece

sorry to hijack your thread Pro

happy new year everyone


Happy and successfull new year to everyone from me to!

What do you guys think about the deflation szenario? I have somehow the feeling that the inflation and rising commodities etc. is so expected by everyone that i have my problems belief in it... what do you think?
Lose professionally!

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 am

scratty wrote:
es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
PTG wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
PTG wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
M.O., I do not short A/U.

Only longs


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeowfcCNnI :lol:


So what you think about not shorting A/U after today........? smarty pants

Plan your trade, Trade your plan, it's not in my plan. YOU can short it all you want. I'm trading it like I got 1 Mil in account and dont want to pay the carry expense.....LOL


Somehow I just knew this nice little clip would be interpreted totally wrong, but that's ok. It wasn't even meant for you :lol:

Anyway. Not that I have been trading this week, however I don't think while trading. The thinking should be done before that: plan + strategies. As long as you're on the right side of the order flow, it's ok. If not, you won't get to 1 Mil unless a) it's in Zimbabwe dollars or b) it's in US dollars in -say- 5-10 years from now. How's that for smarty pants :smt080


I believe that the United States is going to pull a rabbit out of its hat, but maybe that is because I am an opponent of gold.



i hope you are right

i think we are in for a disaster

i am thinking, the US treasuries will crash, all commodities will go crazy ( hyper inflation) equity markets are going to crash hard. We will see 5-7 a gallon in gas


the one good thing that may come out of all that is the possibility of a flat tax.


i hope you are right though, that is just what i see happening

i am by no means making trading decisions off that, i will do whatever it does. I just do not see us coming out of this in 1 piece

sorry to hijack your thread Pro

happy new year everyone


Happy and successfull new year to everyone from me to!

What do you guys think about the deflation szenario? I have somehow the feeling that the inflation and rising commodities etc. is so expected by everyone that i have my problems belief in it... what do you think?


Happy New Year to you too !

Forget deflation (unfortunately). The central banks won't allow it. They print money in an unbelievable rate. For now, the damage is limited because the banks are too scared to lend, so the lend back to the FED at a lousy 0.25%-ish rate. But sooner or later the trillions in new money will flood the economy. Austrian economics 101. Visit www.mises.org, www.lewrockwell.com to learn more. And don't forget to check out www.lewrockwell.com/blog every day 8)
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
wangyue22
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:12 am
Reputation: 0
Location: US
Gender: Male

Postby wangyue22 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 am

here is my simple one two punch theory to the current world economy in currency terms. (sorry if this is completely wrong as i have no extensive knowledge regarding the major factors that control the economy, but more or less my logic) also, i really need to get some rest, there are more birds on the arrow, either i forgot about them or just cant see it. my beaker is only 1.4L most things come and goes.

world currency is circular in nature. everything relates to one another. china yen = cheaper than perceived value, japanese yen = cheaper than perceived value. eur two years ago = perceived value. usd 2 years ago = perceived value. aussie dollar currently = perceived value (i may be wrong with these, so please correct me if im wrong, so i can logically correct myself)

since china and japan is not gonna raise their currency in value, in order for Benanke to print free money and the most of the world seeing it the same, it has to knock down euro to be cheaper than perceived value. sorry aussie, you are next, but the European croissant is enough for dessert for now.

most sees the news of how badly greece, ireland is in debt, but who lend the money to these countries in the first place??? much like a creditcard we carry in our wallet, we currently have 5k in debt on it, but our creditcard company only ask for 20 bucks in monthly payments plus interest, but imagine if the credit card company one day knocking on your door and asked for all the five K back, can we pay for it all in one lump sum, we cant.

the united states as a country cant do this directly (asking for the lump sum) but banks reside in teh united states can (fractual in nature compared to a credit card company and people). we may perceive a few banks failing as a bad thing, but the benefit to the country in the long term is so great as it gives them a reason to s**t on the euro.

another bird benanke have on his golden arrow will be fear, its fear mixed with shorting that caused euro's 2 year back slide( cant be so easily done with money alone, money is only the small snowballl to get it rolling).

since china, japan, eur is now all cheaper in value than its worth, cant united states print out money but still retain its actually worth relatively to the world??

now what does benanke do with these so called free money. play it in the stock market, oh, but being a smartee pants that he is, he flash crashed the market first to know exactly his probability of win/lose (also how much he needs to keep the market a float, only 7 billion at once if able to bring DOW to its knees, we spend that much in a day on the Iraq war more or less).

so crash the economy had two benefit for him in the long run. 1: reason to s**t on Europe through debt collection. 2: create fear in the herd to have a reason for government intervention in the stock market. (if we can make millions in a decade starting from 100k, how much money do you think the government have) edit: actually i see three so far: 3 being buying these so called "failing" banks' stock at a HUGE discount and have zero chance of losing money.

oh but the fun for benanke doesnt stop there, we earned those 100k hard working for someone else, his playing money doesnt stop there, it FREE(relative to the world).

oh wait wait wait, wait for it, what is this, another bird i can put on my golden arrow. many think inflation is bad, but is it so bad??? its bad for those who have cash and no debt, but im sorry, most people have morgages and car payments and credit debt. by keeping the interest down, they make sure most can pay back the debt with less effort. but since world is fractual in nature, does the usa have debt as well, on hell yes we do. why dont we s**t on china too by paying back all our debt that we made in the market with our free money and inflate the crap out of our money and pay them back all the trillions in debt relatively free.

oh wait, whats the next bird that i see on the horizon, oh, isnt this nice, world market is related. oh garsh darn, i made trillions, i wonder who lost all those money, ehhh who cares, lets pay all our debt back, boost our economy and feed the masses(we need enough happy rats to power our lightbulbs), , pay back our debt with free money.

oh wait, what is this i have in my other hand, is this a F'ing bazooka? so i have 12 birds on one arrow and a F'ing bazooka in the other. oh, look at those other hunters with their small bb guns, all they can ever do is feed on the guts of my birds when im done cleaning them.

i had fun writing this story. if its completely wrong, feel free to read it as a comic relief and all i ask for is some good laughs across the globe. and i apologize if this offend anyone's country. i think of myself not as chinese or american, but earthling. ^.^


edit: before i go to sleep, i want to add something, when those aliens do come to earth and is revealed to the public, i will consider myself an universian, until then, earthling is what i perceive myself as. oh gosh, i am really tempted to write out my theories as to why alien exists. maybe another time if some people are interested in my crazy theories/stories.

but most importantly, tell me if i sound crazy?? my view changed on life just about a month ago, since then, crazy theories pop into my head.

User avatar
scratty
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby scratty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

PTG wrote:
scratty wrote:
es/pip wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
PTG wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
PTG wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
M.O., I do not short A/U.

Only longs


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeowfcCNnI :lol:


So what you think about not shorting A/U after today........? smarty pants

Plan your trade, Trade your plan, it's not in my plan. YOU can short it all you want. I'm trading it like I got 1 Mil in account and dont want to pay the carry expense.....LOL


Somehow I just knew this nice little clip would be interpreted totally wrong, but that's ok. It wasn't even meant for you :lol:

Anyway. Not that I have been trading this week, however I don't think while trading. The thinking should be done before that: plan + strategies. As long as you're on the right side of the order flow, it's ok. If not, you won't get to 1 Mil unless a) it's in Zimbabwe dollars or b) it's in US dollars in -say- 5-10 years from now. How's that for smarty pants :smt080


I believe that the United States is going to pull a rabbit out of its hat, but maybe that is because I am an opponent of gold.



i hope you are right

i think we are in for a disaster

i am thinking, the US treasuries will crash, all commodities will go crazy ( hyper inflation) equity markets are going to crash hard. We will see 5-7 a gallon in gas


the one good thing that may come out of all that is the possibility of a flat tax.


i hope you are right though, that is just what i see happening

i am by no means making trading decisions off that, i will do whatever it does. I just do not see us coming out of this in 1 piece

sorry to hijack your thread Pro

happy new year everyone


Happy and successfull new year to everyone from me to!

What do you guys think about the deflation szenario? I have somehow the feeling that the inflation and rising commodities etc. is so expected by everyone that i have my problems belief in it... what do you think?


Happy New Year to you too !

Forget deflation (unfortunately). The central banks won't allow it. They print money in an unbelievable rate. For now, the damage is limited because the banks are too scared to lend, so the lend back to the FED at a lousy 0.25%-ish rate. But sooner or later the trillions in new money will flood the economy. Austrian economics 101. Visit www.mises.org, www.lewrockwell.com to learn more. And don't forget to check out www.lewrockwell.com/blog every day 8)


Ok. But i think that us, eu etc. are starting a process to save money instead of increase their debt. So for the longer term future it is more interessting for them to increase the value of their currencies because they want the max value of their savings... today it is the opposite. The currencies have to be low to reduce the value of the dept... is that too far away? Sorry for my stupid q's/assumptions.
Lose professionally!

User avatar
scratty
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby scratty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:45 pm

wangyue22 wrote:here is my simple one two punch theory to the current world economy in currency terms. (sorry if this is completely wrong as i have no extensive knowledge regarding the major factors that control the economy, but more or less my logic) also, i really need to get some rest, there are more birds on the arrow, either i forgot about them or just cant see it. my beaker is only 1.4L most things come and goes.

world currency is circular in nature. everything relates to one another. china yen = cheaper than perceived value, japanese yen = cheaper than perceived value. eur two years ago = perceived value. usd 2 years ago = perceived value. aussie dollar currently = perceived value (i may be wrong with these, so please correct me if im wrong, so i can logically correct myself)

since china and japan is not gonna raise their currency in value, in order for Benanke to print free money and the most of the world seeing it the same, it has to knock down euro to be cheaper than perceived value. sorry aussie, you are next, but the European croissant is enough for dessert for now.

most sees the news of how badly greece, ireland is in debt, but who lend the money to these countries in the first place??? much like a creditcard we carry in our wallet, we currently have 5k in debt on it, but our creditcard company only ask for 20 bucks in monthly payments plus interest, but imagine if the credit card company one day knocking on your door and asked for all the five K back, can we pay for it all in one lump sum, we cant.

the united states as a country cant do this directly (asking for the lump sum) but banks reside in teh united states can (fractual in nature compared to a credit card company and people). we may perceive a few banks failing as a bad thing, but the benefit to the country in the long term is so great as it gives them a reason to s**t on the euro.

another bird benanke have on his golden arrow will be fear, its fear mixed with shorting that caused euro's 2 year back slide( cant be so easily done with money alone, money is only the small snowballl to get it rolling).

since china, japan, eur is now all cheaper in value than its worth, cant united states print out money but still retain its actually worth relatively to the world??

now what does benanke do with these so called free money. play it in the stock market, oh, but being a smartee pants that he is, he flash crashed the market first to know exactly his probability of win/lose (also how much he needs to keep the market a float, only 7 billion at once if able to bring DOW to its knees, we spend that much in a day on the Iraq war more or less).

so crash the economy had two benefit for him in the long run. 1: reason to s**t on Europe through debt collection. 2: create fear in the herd to have a reason for government intervention in the stock market. (if we can make millions in a decade starting from 100k, how much money do you think the government have) edit: actually i see three so far: 3 being buying these so called "failing" banks' stock at a HUGE discount and have zero chance of losing money.

oh but the fun for benanke doesnt stop there, we earned those 100k hard working for someone else, his playing money doesnt stop there, it FREE(relative to the world).

oh wait wait wait, wait for it, what is this, another bird i can put on my golden arrow. many think inflation is bad, but is it so bad??? its bad for those who have cash and no debt, but im sorry, most people have morgages and car payments and credit debt. by keeping the interest down, they make sure most can pay back the debt with less effort. but since world is fractual in nature, does the usa have debt as well, on hell yes we do. why dont we s**t on china too by paying back all our debt that we made in the market with our free money and inflate the crap out of our money and pay them back all the trillions in debt relatively free.

oh wait, whats the next bird that i see on the horizon, oh, isnt this nice, world market is related. oh garsh darn, i made trillions, i wonder who lost all those money, ehhh who cares, lets pay all our debt back, boost our economy and feed the masses(we need enough happy rats to power our lightbulbs), , pay back our debt with free money.

oh wait, what is this i have in my other hand, is this a F'ing bazooka? so i have 12 birds on one arrow and a F'ing bazooka in the other. oh, look at those other hunters with their small bb guns, all they can ever do is feed on the guts of my birds when im done cleaning them.

i had fun writing this story. if its completely wrong, feel free to read it as a comic relief and all i ask for is some good laughs across the globe. and i apologize if this offend anyone's country. i think of myself not as chinese or american, but earthling. ^.^


edit: before i go to sleep, i want to add something, when those aliens do come to earth and is revealed to the public, i will consider myself an universian, until then, earthling is what i perceive myself as. oh gosh, i am really tempted to write out my theories as to why alien exists. maybe another time if some people are interested in my crazy theories/stories.

but most importantly, tell me if i sound crazy?? my view changed on life just about a month ago, since then, crazy theories pop into my head.


thanks for your (also funny) oppinon :D

I dont understand a lot about intermaket relations, etc. I just think that in the us everybody is in debt because of the inflation... isnt there also a possiblity of a booble building? Nobody is able to generate more dept also because of new regulations, etc.

again probably stupid but if i think in a behaviour finance matter i think there is an overstatement in expecting inflation...
Lose professionally!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”