PA, S/R, ZL, EXTREMES & MOMO

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

-2

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:46 am

scratty wrote:es/aj how do you determine position size. You both trade that active that im shure you trade the same size for the whole day to not think/adjust the size?

Thanks for feedback!


I now trade using 10 lots for every trade I enter...except for the rare occasion on nzdjpy yesterday I used a lot more lol...

I used to maximize my leverage on every trade, but eventually I found that when I have a string of losers, I gotta make more pips than what I lose to gain back my money so it is just smarter using the same size. So if I am down 10 pips for the day in my head all I have to make back to profit is 11 pips. Maximizing leverage if I was down 10 I would have to make back like 13 or something like that...maximizing leverage is really really profitable though bc it compounds ur account and u can grow it RAPIDLY if you take only high percentage trades...each winner will put you head 1 step while a loser will put you back 1.5-2 steps tho which is the biggest draw down. Surprisingly, I find myself risking at most 2 or 3% on a trade with my disaster stop loss which I never in my life thought I could do.

User avatar
poipen
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 am
Reputation: 0
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby poipen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 am

ajaymein wrote:
scratty wrote:es/aj how do you determine position size. You both trade that active that im shure you trade the same size for the whole day to not think/adjust the size?

Thanks for feedback!


I now trade using 10 lots for every trade I enter...except for the rare occasion on nzdjpy yesterday I used a lot more lol...

I used to maximize my leverage on every trade, but eventually I found that when I have a string of losers, I gotta make more pips than what I lose to gain back my money so it is just smarter using the same size. So if I am down 10 pips for the day in my head all I have to make back to profit is 11 pips. Maximizing leverage if I was down 10 I would have to make back like 13 or something like that...maximizing leverage is really really profitable though bc it compounds ur account and u can grow it RAPIDLY if you take only high percentage trades...each winner will put you head 1 step while a loser will put you back 1.5-2 steps tho which is the biggest draw down. Surprisingly, I find myself risking at most 2 or 3% on a trade with my disaster stop loss which I never in my life thought I could do.


Are you still with OANDA aj?
Wise Men Know Their Limits, Great Men Have No Limits.

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 am

Hard stop is -8 and going to pull it to break even if euj it breaks below 38 and stays there

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 am

poipen wrote:
ajaymein wrote:
scratty wrote:es/aj how do you determine position size. You both trade that active that im shure you trade the same size for the whole day to not think/adjust the size?

Thanks for feedback!


I now trade using 10 lots for every trade I enter...except for the rare occasion on nzdjpy yesterday I used a lot more lol...

I used to maximize my leverage on every trade, but eventually I found that when I have a string of losers, I gotta make more pips than what I lose to gain back my money so it is just smarter using the same size. So if I am down 10 pips for the day in my head all I have to make back to profit is 11 pips. Maximizing leverage if I was down 10 I would have to make back like 13 or something like that...maximizing leverage is really really profitable though bc it compounds ur account and u can grow it RAPIDLY if you take only high percentage trades...each winner will put you head 1 step while a loser will put you back 1.5-2 steps tho which is the biggest draw down. Surprisingly, I find myself risking at most 2 or 3% on a trade with my disaster stop loss which I never in my life thought I could do.


Are you still with OANDA aj?


Yea still Oanda, I've never had even a split second lag in the thousands of trades I have placed during execution and their spreads r pretty low compared to others, maybe not some ECNs tho...I use IBFX to but for a different style trading. IBFX really sucks in some aspects and you can tell they obviously stop hunt by the wicks they have that no other broker has, but it doesn't effect me and I've been using them for so long I'm to lazy to change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
ajaymein
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby ajaymein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am

Pulled my stop to -3 a little above this M15 momo bar that is gonna close...hopefully

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 am

scratty wrote:can you explain how you managed your lot size for "growing account"? You only adjusted up. When did you increased your position size?

Thanks again! Great thread.

es/pip wrote:
scratty wrote:thanks for the answer es. So thats ~0.3-0.4% average loss for your small losses. So do you adjust during the day?

es/pip wrote:when i am trading like this and scalping i pretty much never take more than a -10

so i trade at 2% per 10 pips

if i am trading something or even a scalp that needs a larger stop i will adjust based on where i need to put the stop


when i was growing this account i did --- well i adjusted up never adjusted down

now i just withdraw pretty much all the profits each week and leave it at the # i have it at


---------- ran into m1 supply and m5 momo down out at -1



then and now i never look at where i am at for the day until i am done. i dont want to know bec it messes with my head

so back when i was growing the account at the end of the day i would look and adjust my position size based on 2% per 10 for the next session

so on and so on

when i say i wouldnt adjust down, if i was down for the day i would keep my size based on the last high water mark i started at
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 am

scratty wrote:can you explain how you managed your lot size for "growing account"? You only adjusted up. When did you increased your position size?

Thanks again! Great thread.

es/pip wrote:
scratty wrote:thanks for the answer es. So thats ~0.3-0.4% average loss for your small losses. So do you adjust during the day?

es/pip wrote:when i am trading like this and scalping i pretty much never take more than a -10

so i trade at 2% per 10 pips

if i am trading something or even a scalp that needs a larger stop i will adjust based on where i need to put the stop


when i was growing this account i did --- well i adjusted up never adjusted down

now i just withdraw pretty much all the profits each week and leave it at the # i have it at


---------- ran into m1 supply and m5 momo down out at -1



then and now i never look at where i am at for the day until i am done. i dont want to know bec it messes with my head

so back when i was growing the account at the end of the day i would look and adjust my position size based on 2% per 10 for the next session

so on and so on

when i say i wouldnt adjust down, if i was down for the day i would keep my size based on the last high water mark i started at
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 am

long eu 23 m15 extreme and demand 33 targ
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

had a -2 on same idea a sec ago


actually 23.5 is where i am in
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”