Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:25 am

es/pip wrote:
bakaender wrote:Every time I just look at a chart for an hour I am amazed.... Its getting easier to just see. I need to get more time to trade.

Is it really this easy? I didn't take all these trades, but I don't see how they could be more obvious.

yep that was some nice action

"Is it really this easy?"

i think it is :D

I agree BUT in hindsight everything is easy :roll:

Easier said than done. Which is good; if everybody could do it, I might as well become a politician or civil servant and live off of other's pockets :evil: Not my style. :D
This is my new signature: "new signature".

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:48 am

PTG wrote:
es/pip wrote:
bakaender wrote:Every time I just look at a chart for an hour I am amazed.... Its getting easier to just see. I need to get more time to trade.

Is it really this easy? I didn't take all these trades, but I don't see how they could be more obvious.

yep that was some nice action

"Is it really this easy?"

i think it is :D

I agree BUT in hindsight everything is easy :roll:

Easier said than done. Which is good; if everybody could do it, I might as well become a politician or civil servant and live off of other's pockets :evil: Not my style. :D

its only hindsight when you look back on it :wink:
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:48 am

bakaender, do you mind going through your chart, why these lines are marked up as you marked them? Thanks :)
What line? The line that tells you which way you are trading! - MO

bakaender

Postby bakaender » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:34 am

pablo101 wrote:

bakaender, do you mind going through your chart, why these lines are marked up as you marked them? Thanks :)

ok I will try, but it will probably be long and confusing.
First let me say that I didn't take all these trades, this is just what I'm seeing looking at it. I did take trades at 2, 3, 5, and 6 but I only took 10-15 pips each trade.

Also this is just my interpretation of it, I tend to be really cautious on my trades, so I do a few little things that I'll try and explain. One is I try not to use wicks as ZL points unless the momentum bar is pretty significant, sometimes I don't even consider prev. bodies as points either, but just the open price, as #2 is setup. Another thing I try not to go against the trend unless its clearly reacting to something big, like #3 and #5.

#1. Momentum bar is larger then most so I'm willing to use the wick of previous candle as an entry point. I don't really know what sort of explanation I can offer beyond that.

#2. Green momentum up, since it didn't hit anything big to reverse it when it retracts back to open price I buy. Again I don't know how to explain more. If your not seeing these basic things all you can do is draw on the charts and watch.

#3. Price coming up into a huge downward momentum bar, I would only take this trade because of how big the momentum down was.

#4. For this one I used sets of 3 bars for the setup. A couple of reasons I did it this way. First the first 2 upward candles are both momentum, and from my experience watching with ZL's that close together it will likely retract back past the first to the 2nd one. So since I like to be cautious I look for points within the first momentum bar and doesn't matter if I miss a trade because of that, there are so many chances. Ok how I chose 3 candles is because after the 2 momentum bars up there was another candle up before starting back down, so I simply grouped the 3, then grouped the 3 before it to get my ZL #4.

#5. Again huge momentum down so I'm willing to use the previous candles wick as an entry point down.

#6. The most direct one. Momentum up followed by the hugging candle hitting the ZL at the open of the momentum candle.

Sorry if that is vague, I can't explain it beyond that honestly. And this is just the way I see it, I like the higher TF's sorta like ZZ's trades he used to post, but I'm no expert at this like es/pip, MO, and Dragon33 I would study there charts if your still not seeing it.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Thank you bakaender, this is great revision for me and for others :)
What line? The line that tells you which way you are trading! - MO

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:36 pm

How about this ?

This is my new signature: "new signature".

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:59 pm

wicked in
0 drawdown
went to my target
5% gain

Too bad I looked away for a second and missed it :evil:
Attachments
aliasnov3ejmissed.gif
aliasnov3ejmissed.gif (22.16 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:16 pm

PTG wrote:in hindsight everything is easy :roll:

Couldn't agree more. I used to make perfect sense of all my trades, but when I was actually in it somehow my brain just shut off. Maybe it's just me :lol:

All the best,
Ken.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:31 pm

I see a green rat reversal.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:43 pm

I gotta stop looking at the eu.. tooo sloooooowwwww and not enough range. Well i guess pips are better then no pips..couple of bad trades and then this for 70 pips.

"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Return to “TheRumpledOne”