Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
Fxtraveller wrote:It is indeed true that the higher timeframe overrules the lower. H4 turns out to be very reliable, the SLs can still be small, but TPs - vast.

live or not live next week, that iz ze question =]



just start small----- to where it doesn't matter if you win or lose $$$

just get comfortable doing it live

then add size later

trust me, it will save you a vast amount of time over the long run in getting to where you want to be :wink:


Losing Always matters and will never stop mattering...
You can not lose continuously and win.

127 continuous wins MATTERS
20 wins in a row MATTERS

It's the SIZE of the losses compared to your account balance that you are referring to.

losing small we can accept. Losing big is what's unacceptable which is the very reason you have a 20 pips hard stop but usually exit closer to B/E.

If a beginner started with a 300,000 account and used $10 pips it would be small losses. Adding to the position with $1000 or $4000 pips would be losing big.

Look at me, trading with 10-30 cent pips...then adding with $2, $3, or $5 pips is losing big..... NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Winning matters
Losing matters

LOSING SMALL AND WINNING BIG MATTERS MOST OF ALL.

And I should know as well as anyone.



no

what i was referring to was

one must be able to trade "emotionless" to where losing or winning does not matter in order to trade correctly

which is learned/accomplished by trading a size that has no effect on your account--whether you make/lose money

a trader must learn to lose correctly before they will be able to win consistently

yes

small losers and big winners

but you have to learn how to control your emotions in order to do that-----

i tried to explain that to you and make suggestions on how to go about it

but you choose to continue to average down---- to show the world that you never have a loser. which results in blown account after blown account---as it always does and always will.

so you will never move "forward" until you are able to learn how to lose correctly


once a "trader" is just able to just trade the trade with no emotional attachment is where the real money is at :wink:


to show the world that you never have a loser

NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Solution must be found.


you are making this WAY WAY WAY harder than it has to be

the simple and only solution is

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT LOSING

it doesn't matter if you have losing trades-----

your fear is --- that you do not want to admit you are wrong (via a losing trade)

when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument? Can you admit when you are wrong?

it has to stem from somewhere

most traders that have issues with losing are scared of failing and as a result their fear causes them to continue failing. When the simple solution to the problem is to accept failure and move past it.

It is ok to fail

It is ok to have losing trades.

I have never met anyone that has never been wrong before. I doubt you are the first.

Just accept your losses---- man up and get over it

then you will move forward.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 pm

es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
Fxtraveller wrote:It is indeed true that the higher timeframe overrules the lower. H4 turns out to be very reliable, the SLs can still be small, but TPs - vast.

live or not live next week, that iz ze question =]



just start small----- to where it doesn't matter if you win or lose $$$

just get comfortable doing it live

then add size later

trust me, it will save you a vast amount of time over the long run in getting to where you want to be :wink:


Losing Always matters and will never stop mattering...
You can not lose continuously and win.

127 continuous wins MATTERS
20 wins in a row MATTERS

It's the SIZE of the losses compared to your account balance that you are referring to.

losing small we can accept. Losing big is what's unacceptable which is the very reason you have a 20 pips hard stop but usually exit closer to B/E.

If a beginner started with a 300,000 account and used $10 pips it would be small losses. Adding to the position with $1000 or $4000 pips would be losing big.

Look at me, trading with 10-30 cent pips...then adding with $2, $3, or $5 pips is losing big..... NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Winning matters
Losing matters

LOSING SMALL AND WINNING BIG MATTERS MOST OF ALL.

And I should know as well as anyone.



no

what i was referring to was

one must be able to trade "emotionless" to where losing or winning does not matter in order to trade correctly

which is learned/accomplished by trading a size that has no effect on your account--whether you make/lose money

a trader must learn to lose correctly before they will be able to win consistently

yes

small losers and big winners

but you have to learn how to control your emotions in order to do that-----

i tried to explain that to you and make suggestions on how to go about it

but you choose to continue to average down---- to show the world that you never have a loser. which results in blown account after blown account---as it always does and always will.

so you will never move "forward" until you are able to learn how to lose correctly


once a "trader" is just able to just trade the trade with no emotional attachment is where the real money is at :wink:


to show the world that you never have a loser

NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Solution must be found.


you are making this WAY WAY WAY harder than it has to be

the simple and only solution is

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT LOSING

it doesn't matter if you have losing trades-----

your fear is --- that you do not want to admit you are wrong (via a losing trade)

when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument? Can you admit when you are wrong?

it has to stem from somewhere

most traders that have issues with losing are scared of failing and as a result their fear causes them to continue failing. When the simple solution to the problem is to accept failure and move past it.

It is ok to fail

It is ok to have losing trades.

I have never met anyone that has never been wrong before. I doubt you are the first.

Just accept your losses---- man up and get over it

then you will move forward.



Trading is a business.

In order to run your business you have to do your job

your job is to take small losers and larger winners

if you do not do your job your business will go bankrupt

If you owned a shoe manufacturing place and your job was to buy material to make shoes.

Would you suddenly one month spend your budgeted material money on buying plastic dolls for no reason?

no way in hell you would make that decision

so if your only job is to take small losers and larger winners

why would you average down

it is the same thing
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
aVi
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:30 am
Reputation: 0
Location: The Island w/ Kate
Gender: Male

Postby aVi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:39 pm

es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052




:^o
Wake up Mr. Green...

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm

es/pip wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
Fxtraveller wrote:It is indeed true that the higher timeframe overrules the lower. H4 turns out to be very reliable, the SLs can still be small, but TPs - vast.

live or not live next week, that iz ze question =]



just start small----- to where it doesn't matter if you win or lose $$$

just get comfortable doing it live

then add size later

trust me, it will save you a vast amount of time over the long run in getting to where you want to be :wink:


Losing Always matters and will never stop mattering...
You can not lose continuously and win.

127 continuous wins MATTERS
20 wins in a row MATTERS

It's the SIZE of the losses compared to your account balance that you are referring to.

losing small we can accept. Losing big is what's unacceptable which is the very reason you have a 20 pips hard stop but usually exit closer to B/E.

If a beginner started with a 300,000 account and used $10 pips it would be small losses. Adding to the position with $1000 or $4000 pips would be losing big.

Look at me, trading with 10-30 cent pips...then adding with $2, $3, or $5 pips is losing big..... NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Winning matters
Losing matters

LOSING SMALL AND WINNING BIG MATTERS MOST OF ALL.

And I should know as well as anyone.



no

what i was referring to was

one must be able to trade "emotionless" to where losing or winning does not matter in order to trade correctly

which is learned/accomplished by trading a size that has no effect on your account--whether you make/lose money

a trader must learn to lose correctly before they will be able to win consistently

yes

small losers and big winners

but you have to learn how to control your emotions in order to do that-----

i tried to explain that to you and make suggestions on how to go about it

but you choose to continue to average down---- to show the world that you never have a loser. which results in blown account after blown account---as it always does and always will.

so you will never move "forward" until you are able to learn how to lose correctly


once a "trader" is just able to just trade the trade with no emotional attachment is where the real money is at :wink:


to show the world that you never have a loser

NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Solution must be found.


you are making this WAY WAY WAY harder than it has to be

the simple and only solution is

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT LOSING

it doesn't matter if you have losing trades-----

your fear is --- that you do not want to admit you are wrong (via a losing trade)

when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument? Can you admit when you are wrong?

it has to stem from somewhere

most traders that have issues with losing are scared of failing and as a result their fear causes them to continue failing. When the simple solution to the problem is to accept failure and move past it.

It is ok to fail

It is ok to have losing trades.

I have never met anyone that has never been wrong before. I doubt you are the first.

Just accept your losses---- man up and get over it

then you will move forward.



Trading is a business.

In order to run your business you have to do your job

your job is to take small losers and larger winners

if you do not do your job your business will go bankrupt

If you owned a shoe manufacturing place and your job was to buy material to make shoes.

Would you suddenly one month spend your budgeted material money on buying plastic dolls for no reason?

no way in hell you would make that decision

so if your only job is to take small losers and larger winners

why would you average down

it is the same thing


All good info but your preaching to the choir.
I've read it all.

Now, how bout you try holding a trade for a month??
Why doesn't Dragon quit his J.O.B.?

Same reason....we'll work on it.
I do appreciate your info.....It's motivating.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:31 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
Fxtraveller wrote:It is indeed true that the higher timeframe overrules the lower. H4 turns out to be very reliable, the SLs can still be small, but TPs - vast.

live or not live next week, that iz ze question =]



just start small----- to where it doesn't matter if you win or lose $$$

just get comfortable doing it live

then add size later

trust me, it will save you a vast amount of time over the long run in getting to where you want to be :wink:


Losing Always matters and will never stop mattering...
You can not lose continuously and win.

127 continuous wins MATTERS
20 wins in a row MATTERS

It's the SIZE of the losses compared to your account balance that you are referring to.

losing small we can accept. Losing big is what's unacceptable which is the very reason you have a 20 pips hard stop but usually exit closer to B/E.

If a beginner started with a 300,000 account and used $10 pips it would be small losses. Adding to the position with $1000 or $4000 pips would be losing big.

Look at me, trading with 10-30 cent pips...then adding with $2, $3, or $5 pips is losing big..... NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Winning matters
Losing matters

LOSING SMALL AND WINNING BIG MATTERS MOST OF ALL.

And I should know as well as anyone.



no

what i was referring to was

one must be able to trade "emotionless" to where losing or winning does not matter in order to trade correctly

which is learned/accomplished by trading a size that has no effect on your account--whether you make/lose money

a trader must learn to lose correctly before they will be able to win consistently

yes

small losers and big winners

but you have to learn how to control your emotions in order to do that-----

i tried to explain that to you and make suggestions on how to go about it

but you choose to continue to average down---- to show the world that you never have a loser. which results in blown account after blown account---as it always does and always will.

so you will never move "forward" until you are able to learn how to lose correctly


once a "trader" is just able to just trade the trade with no emotional attachment is where the real money is at :wink:


to show the world that you never have a loser

NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Solution must be found.


you are making this WAY WAY WAY harder than it has to be

the simple and only solution is

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCEPT LOSING

it doesn't matter if you have losing trades-----

your fear is --- that you do not want to admit you are wrong (via a losing trade)

when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument? Can you admit when you are wrong?

it has to stem from somewhere

most traders that have issues with losing are scared of failing and as a result their fear causes them to continue failing. When the simple solution to the problem is to accept failure and move past it.

It is ok to fail

It is ok to have losing trades.

I have never met anyone that has never been wrong before. I doubt you are the first.

Just accept your losses---- man up and get over it

then you will move forward.



Trading is a business.

In order to run your business you have to do your job

your job is to take small losers and larger winners

if you do not do your job your business will go bankrupt

If you owned a shoe manufacturing place and your job was to buy material to make shoes.

Would you suddenly one month spend your budgeted material money on buying plastic dolls for no reason?

no way in hell you would make that decision

so if your only job is to take small losers and larger winners

why would you average down

it is the same thing


All good info but your preaching to the choir.
I've read it all.

Now, how bout you try holding a trade for a month??
Why doesn't Dragon quit his J.O.B.?

Same reason....we'll work on it.
I do appreciate your info.....It's motivating.


"Now, how bout you try holding a trade for a month??"

------ whenever i take a trade off the monthly chart i do,
because i hold my trades to their targets depending on PA

as far as dragon--- he can answer that for himself
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 am

aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052




:^o


lol

i tend to win all of my arguments as well

but

i can also take a loser
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:40 am

es/pip wrote:
aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052




:^o


lol

i tend to win all of my arguments as well

but

i can also take a loser



In a Dr. Phil CD set I've got he tells a story about a father and son who were embattled with each other because of their differences....The father was a ex-marine, the son was much more laid back. He was also the star point guard for the high school basket ball team....He died during a game and the father was crushed for all the years he was "right" but never happy with his sons lackadaisical lifestyle.
My house, my rules, my way or highway.

Dr. phils point, Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy.

Same way when winning an argument with a woman.
Have you "really" won?

In trading,
Do you want win, or do you want to be free??
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:34 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052




:^o


lol

i tend to win all of my arguments as well

but

i can also take a loser



In a Dr. Phil CD set I've got he tells a story about a father and son who were embattled with each other because of their differences....The father was a ex-marine, the son was much more laid back. He was also the star point guard for the high school basket ball team....He died during a game and the father was crushed for all the years he was "right" but never happy with his sons lackadaisical lifestyle.
My house, my rules, my way or highway.

Dr. phils point, Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy.

Same way when winning an argument with a woman.
Have you "really" won?

In trading,
Do you want win, or do you want to be free??



lol

that's probably why i have yet to marry
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 am

Braathen wrote:Hi pablo!

Thanks for your insight and would just like to add my idea of a hard stop is a worst case scenario SL.. i will generally get out when 5 or 15m candle closes against me.. my avg loss is about 6-15 pips.. i picked 30 as my extreme because its made my MM like i want it

400$
risk 4% = 16$
30 SL at .50$ = 15$
I might wanna change this i dont know but atm i guess im focusing more on the market and entries exits compared to MM
and i generally try to aim for 20+ runs atm.. i should have held my EU short yesterday a few more minutes ^^

PS. I dont know if im seeing IT.. but i believe very firmly that soon i will see my own version of IT ;)


:)!
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 am

es/pip wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aVi wrote:
es/pip wrote:when you get in an argument with your wife---- do you always win the argument?

I sure as hell do. :smt075 :smt062 :smt014 :smt021 :smt052




:^o


lol

i tend to win all of my arguments as well

but

i can also take a loser



In a Dr. Phil CD set I've got he tells a story about a father and son who were embattled with each other because of their differences....The father was a ex-marine, the son was much more laid back. He was also the star point guard for the high school basket ball team....He died during a game and the father was crushed for all the years he was "right" but never happy with his sons lackadaisical lifestyle.
My house, my rules, my way or highway.

Dr. phils point, Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy.

Same way when winning an argument with a woman.
Have you "really" won?

In trading,
Do you want win, or do you want to be free??



lol

that's probably why i have yet to marry


I want to be free too!
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”