Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

zapzinig
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 8:57 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby zapzinig » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 pm

es/pip wrote:ZapZing------ on the daily chart you posted did you take those trades or were you just labeling the chart showing what was possible?

I labeled the chart on the Daily, I did not stay in for the multi day moves. My trades are taken off the H1 in line with the daily ,H4. When PA exhausts itself on the H1 I exit.
After posting the D1 chart I've been thinking about doing Daily zlines, however MO's thoughts on longer term moves vs short moves was that it is best to continually compound than stay in for long periods because you are continually increasing your lot size.

--zz

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am

zapzinig wrote:
es/pip wrote:ZapZing------ on the daily chart you posted did you take those trades or were you just labeling the chart showing what was possible?

I labeled the chart on the Daily, I did not stay in for the multi day moves. My trades are taken off the H1 in line with the daily ,H4. When PA exhausts itself on the H1 I exit.
After posting the D1 chart I've been thinking about doing Daily zlines, however MO's thoughts on longer term moves vs short moves was that it is best to continually compound than stay in for long periods because you are continually increasing your lot size.

--zz



with ya


thanks
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:22 am

Lis, thanks for your continuing work on the indi.

A suggestion to see if you or others think it's a good idea. With for e.g. an upward memo bar, a zl is drawn to the close of the previous bar. Instead of drawing the zone up to the 50% level of the memo bar, draw it up to the high of the previous bar.

This is my understand of how es/pip draws the lines.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:34 am

That's precisely what we need to avoid.... unnecesary losses. GBPUSD is been ranging around the same values for 32 hours.

I'm pretty sure it will go down, but not in the trade until having bearish momentum and after it entering short.




PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:No trades today anyone?????

Get ready for shorts later tonight or tomorrow.

When big moves happen like yesterday, you prefer to stay out next day and wait for reversal signals after ranging market????


No trades ? Are you nuts ? :shock: :lol: :wink:

I'm short GU. Have been for a while. The SOB started ranging on me the moment I had entered into a trade :shock:

If it goes up, I will have to take my loss tomorrow morning.

If it goes down, I will have to take my profit at some predefined point.

What will happen ? Not up to me. Watching the Mark douglas video again.. :)

Can't watch that video often enough ! :!:
Last edited by cfabian on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 am

Humble wrote:Lis, thanks for your continuing work on the indi.

A suggestion to see if you or others think it's a good idea. With for e.g. an upward memo bar, a zl is drawn to the close of the previous bar. Instead of drawing the zone up to the 50% level of the memo bar, draw it up to the high of the previous bar.

This is my understand of how es/pip draws the lines.


i tend to not use highs or lows of bars but rather the open or closes depending which direction the bar is

i do it a little different each time depending on how the price action looks-----

if the momentum seems to kick in above the body of the previous bar i will draw it from there. If the price action tried to go above an area or bar previously but the momo didn't really kick in i try to draw it where it looks to have kicked in------- if that makes any sense---- i will try to post a chart with what i mean

edit---------------------------------------------------------------

i draw the lines where i see the held profit, i use the zone as a reference of where a zl could be in that area

the zone will always be 50% of the 2x bar's body no matter what

the zl can be any line in that area

9 out of 10 times i would have it where blubbs indicator puts it

here is a chart of what i was trying to explain above--



Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:06 am

cfabian wrote:That's precisely what we need to avoid.... innecesary losses. GBPUSD is been ranging around the same values for 32 hours.

I'm pretty sure it will go down, but not in the trade until having bearish momentum and after it entering short.




PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:No trades today anyone?????

Get ready for shorts later tonight or tomorrow.

When big moves happen like yesterday, you prefer to stay out next day and wait for reversal signals after ranging market????


No trades ? Are you nuts ? :shock: :lol: :wink:

I'm short GU. Have been for a while. The SOB started ranging on me the moment I had entered into a trade :shock:

If it goes up, I will have to take my loss tomorrow morning.

If it goes down, I will have to take my profit at some predefined point.

What will happen ? Not up to me. Watching the Mark douglas video again.. :)

Can't watch that video often enough ! :!:



i took a shot at it on the 4 hr chart and got out at b/e

i obviously wasn't here yesterday or today but i can look back and see it wasn't easy to trade--- not sure what i would have done--- but it wouldn't have been much



Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 am

es/pip, thank you for your explanations and patients.

cfabian, whilst some here such as es/pip have the ability to trade the PA every which way, as I understand MO's zl concept, the idea is to look at the above chart see all the held profit from the up move and trade it back down. I'm not sure whether MO may even wait for the reversal and then trade it back up.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

User avatar
cfabian
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cfabian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 am

In order to trade short to ZL long traders, you need to make sure price is moving down by confirming with a bearish momo. Then you trade short to ZL long positions profits, and then you trade back long to ZL short traders (those that traded with you in your previous trade).

Right now I haven't seen any bearish momo that makes me feel comfortable trading short.


Humble wrote:es/pip, thank you for your explanations and patients.

cfabian, whilst some here such as es/pip have the ability to trade the PA every which way, as I understand MO's zl concept, the idea is to look at the above chart see all the held profit from the up move and trade it back down. I'm not sure whether MO may even wait for the reversal and then trade it back up.

User avatar
monolisa
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 am
Reputation: 0
Location: All Quiet on the Western Front
Gender: None specified

Postby monolisa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 am

MZLongBias = Current MZ Long Bias
ExpMZLongBias = Expired MZ Long Bias (Price has moved passed the whole MZ zone)

As per MO advice, try higher tf like H4,D1.

Lis

i_love_delta wrote:Monolisa,Thank you for your hard work and the indicator! and Thank you for dragon33 to explain the chart. Can I ask a question for Monolisa, what's different between MZlongbia and EXPMZlongbia? they both represented longbia, but what means difference? And what timeframe is best for your MZ_rev5 indicator? Thank you and look forward your reply.
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:18 am

Humble wrote:es/pip, thank you for your explanations and patients.

cfabian, whilst some here such as es/pip have the ability to trade the PA every which way, as I understand MO's zl concept, the idea is to look at the above chart see all the held profit from the up move and trade it back down. I'm not sure whether MO may even wait for the reversal and then trade it back up.


once you see that all that held profit is available you need to have a reason--like cfabian was saying-- to trade back down to it

that reason will be some down momo preferably on the 4hr or higher-- i thought we were going to get it on that h4 chart i posted earlier-- but the forex gods didn't agree

on the pound right now we have broken out, and the next real area of held profit is at the yellow line--which would create resistance. also coming into a weekly zl as well

ideally i would like to short back down to the lower zline and get that held profit and then trade it long up into the higher zl and take that profit. have to wait and see what will happen

when i am playing the market each way- long and short-- it is based off of coming into zl on the higher time frames

have to know where u are in the scheme of things on the higher time frames and look inside to trade it. when i take something long on the 15 min and then reverse and go short of the 15 min it is not due to the 15 min as the base reason. well, sometimes i will get in trades based off the 15 min but u run a lot more risk of getting stopped if you have no background reason

Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”