Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
retireme
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:12 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Perth
Real name: Nick Boland
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: binary options

Postby retireme » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:22 am

es/pip wrote:
retireme wrote:

ahh k fair enough thanks. Unfortunatly nadex don't accept residence outside of the US. Was there any other company you had your eye on that may be acceptable for australian residence?


http://binaryforex.com/brokers.asp?cat=10

I know nothing about binaries nor the companies that trade them in Australia. May I also suggest a new thread for your binary questions / suggestions / tactics? At 500+ pages already devoted to 'never lose again, it would seem prudent to do so.

Regards

Retireme



the thread is titled " never lose again"

have you read the stuff that mighty one has presented?

he brought up this discussion--- i personally listen to every one of his posts

i think we will go ahead and discuss it


Then fire away, see if we can get the pages size to 2000!

However, ZZ was kind enough to make this thread available for offline reading. Let's hope he is as kind in the future now that the binary topic has surfaced in this thread.

My apologies if I offended anyone with my suggestion.

Retireme

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
lukx
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby lukx » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 am

I read the whole thread and I'm even more stupid than I was at the begging. Now I totally don;t know what to look for, I don;t see a thing on charts. I have no idea how you people are doing it.

dalibor
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:24 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Brno
Gender: Male

Re: binary options

Postby dalibor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 am

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:
rowdy wrote:
dalibor wrote:I studied binary options last night and i think its very interesting world... a lot of strategies for daily speculation, i will try it with ig markets on demo account... and for fun pure gambling with choiceodds, five minute and hourly binaries, small amount of course :lol: for example betts on market extremes - consecutive bars, 7 and more on 5 minute market and 5 and more on hourly... do you remember tro buzzards?


According to their website they say they offer daily and weekly binaries. Do they offer smaller timeframes? Your post suggests that they do. I realize I could just open a demo and find out but I am not ready to jump into binaries just yet. I am trying to keep from putting too many irons in the fire. Eventually though I want to explore them so tell me more. Minimum account size and other info would be helpful.


IG Markets offer daily binaries forex - up/down, ladders and one touch, hourlies only for indices - ftse, wall st etc., minimum 100.00 pounds, free demo account, platform looks really good

Choiceodds.com offer 5 minute, hourly and daily binaries for fx, indices and commodities, but no demo account... i watched online their 5 minutes binaries - fast as hell


You do not have to hold a daily binary until expiration!

Expiration just means price settling at 0 or 100 depending on which side of the strike it expires on.

When you enter long 20 pips from the floor it is the same thing as going long the spot with a 20 pip stop only:

1. If price moves 20 pips against you then you are not stopped out

2. The most you can make is 80 pips profit (how many of you do that in a single trade?)

3. You have all day or all week before you are stopped out by time.

4. Even when you're wrong your position still has value until expiration. You can recover 5 or 6 pips because a position with time value has value.

So if you enter 18 pips from the floor and later recover 5 then your true risk is 13 pips (size your positions accordingly).

You would have to be insane to choose gambling over the binary market.

Which do you prefer:

A: 0.9 to 1 payoff

or

B: >4 to 1 payoff and recover 25% of your bet if you are wrong.

Hard choice I know :roll:


I opened a demo,
Have no idea what to do, how the platform works, ect., but will read up on it a bit.

I guess it's no different than my first trade in forex, which was live, with a mini account. When trying to close the trade in profit I actually hedged.

Hmmmmm.

Better demo this one.


You will notice that there is a list that reads something like:

GBPUSD to close >1.5000

If you think that price will close higher then you buy
If you think that price will close lower then you sell
If you don't really care, but wish to profit from a rise then buy near the floor.

If the strike is 1.5000 then the floor is at 1.4950 and the ceiling is at 1.5050.

If you could buy at 1.4950 then you would have a zero risk trade because you cannot lose money beyond the floor.

You want to buy as close to a floor as possible and strikes are 20 pips apart so you follow these simple steps:

1. Price is within 10 pips of which strike?

You look down and see strikes at:

GBPUSD to close >:

1.5000, 1.5020, 1.5040, 1.5060, 1.5080, etc

The current price is 1.5034 so it is within 10 pips of the 1.5040 strike.

2. You want to buy so you count upwards two strikes and buy the 1.5080 strike.

Where is the floor of the 1.5080 strike?

1.5080 - 0.0050 = 1.5030 so your risk is 1.5034 - 1.5030 or ~4 pips.

So the rule to remember is:

When price is within 10 pips from a strike you buy two strikes higher or sell two strikes lower.

There is a little button on the platform that turns the list into bid/ask boxes by strike level with the number of lots available at each price.


Mighty, i am little bit confused...
Situation on IG markets, 12:03 CET, GBP/USD
price 1,6373
basic level 1,6380 for calculation long strike
long strike level 1,6420 and price for buy is 35,3... which means risk 35 point if option expires out of the money.

dalibor
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:24 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Brno
Gender: Male

Re: binary options

Postby dalibor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
dalibor wrote:
rowdy wrote:
dalibor wrote:I studied binary options last night and i think its very interesting world... a lot of strategies for daily speculation, i will try it with ig markets on demo account... and for fun pure gambling with choiceodds, five minute and hourly binaries, small amount of course :lol: for example betts on market extremes - consecutive bars, 7 and more on 5 minute market and 5 and more on hourly... do you remember tro buzzards?


According to their website they say they offer daily and weekly binaries. Do they offer smaller timeframes? Your post suggests that they do. I realize I could just open a demo and find out but I am not ready to jump into binaries just yet. I am trying to keep from putting too many irons in the fire. Eventually though I want to explore them so tell me more. Minimum account size and other info would be helpful.


IG Markets offer daily binaries forex - up/down, ladders and one touch, hourlies only for indices - ftse, wall st etc., minimum 100.00 pounds, free demo account, platform looks really good

Choiceodds.com offer 5 minute, hourly and daily binaries for fx, indices and commodities, but no demo account... i watched online their 5 minutes binaries - fast as hell


You do not have to hold a daily binary until expiration!

Expiration just means price settling at 0 or 100 depending on which side of the strike it expires on.

When you enter long 20 pips from the floor it is the same thing as going long the spot with a 20 pip stop only:

1. If price moves 20 pips against you then you are not stopped out

2. The most you can make is 80 pips profit (how many of you do that in a single trade?)

3. You have all day or all week before you are stopped out by time.

4. Even when you're wrong your position still has value until expiration. You can recover 5 or 6 pips because a position with time value has value.

So if you enter 18 pips from the floor and later recover 5 then your true risk is 13 pips (size your positions accordingly).

You would have to be insane to choose gambling over the binary market.

Which do you prefer:

A: 0.9 to 1 payoff

or

B: >4 to 1 payoff and recover 25% of your bet if you are wrong.

Hard choice I know :roll:


I opened a demo,
Have no idea what to do, how the platform works, ect., but will read up on it a bit.

I guess it's no different than my first trade in forex, which was live, with a mini account. When trying to close the trade in profit I actually hedged.

Hmmmmm.

Better demo this one.


You will notice that there is a list that reads something like:

GBPUSD to close >1.5000

If you think that price will close higher then you buy
If you think that price will close lower then you sell
If you don't really care, but wish to profit from a rise then buy near the floor.

If the strike is 1.5000 then the floor is at 1.4950 and the ceiling is at 1.5050.

If you could buy at 1.4950 then you would have a zero risk trade because you cannot lose money beyond the floor.

You want to buy as close to a floor as possible and strikes are 20 pips apart so you follow these simple steps:

1. Price is within 10 pips of which strike?

You look down and see strikes at:

GBPUSD to close >:

1.5000, 1.5020, 1.5040, 1.5060, 1.5080, etc

The current price is 1.5034 so it is within 10 pips of the 1.5040 strike.

2. You want to buy so you count upwards two strikes and buy the 1.5080 strike.

Where is the floor of the 1.5080 strike?

1.5080 - 0.0050 = 1.5030 so your risk is 1.5034 - 1.5030 or ~4 pips.

So the rule to remember is:

When price is within 10 pips from a strike you buy two strikes higher or sell two strikes lower.

There is a little button on the platform that turns the list into bid/ask boxes by strike level with the number of lots available at each price.


Mighty, i am little bit confused...
Situation on IG markets, 12:03 CET, GBP/USD
price 1,6373
basic level 1,6380 for calculation long strike
long strike level 1,6420 and price for buy is 35,3... which means risk 35 point if option expires out of the money.

dalibor
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:24 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Brno
Gender: Male

Postby dalibor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

Most traders have too much information on their charts.


Niche chart, TRO... perfect minimisation of information :) Blind trading, new strategy? Seriously, could you tell more?
Thanks for your work, master... Your thread NLA on babypips completely changed my trading.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 pm

I have been reading:

http://www.amazon.com/How-We-Decide-Jon ... 0618620117

http://www.oregonlive.com/events/index. ... decid.html

I created a "chart" with minimal information.

Nothing on the chart can cause hesitation. You either enter/exit or you don't.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: binary options

Postby es/pip » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 pm

retireme wrote:
es/pip wrote:
retireme wrote:

ahh k fair enough thanks. Unfortunatly nadex don't accept residence outside of the US. Was there any other company you had your eye on that may be acceptable for australian residence?


http://binaryforex.com/brokers.asp?cat=10

I know nothing about binaries nor the companies that trade them in Australia. May I also suggest a new thread for your binary questions / suggestions / tactics? At 500+ pages already devoted to 'never lose again, it would seem prudent to do so.

Regards

Retireme



the thread is titled " never lose again"

have you read the stuff that mighty one has presented?

he brought up this discussion--- i personally listen to every one of his posts

i think we will go ahead and discuss it


Then fire away, see if we can get the pages size to 2000!

However, ZZ was kind enough to make this thread available for offline reading. Let's hope he is as kind in the future now that the binary topic has surfaced in this thread.

My apologies if I offended anyone with my suggestion.

Retireme


i'm not offended at all

"Then fire away, see if we can get the pages size to 2000!"

would you rather keep the page count at 509 and learn nothing else?



:roll:
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 pm

lukx wrote:I read the whole thread and I'm even more stupid than I was at the begging. Now I totally don;t know what to look for, I don;t see a thing on charts. I have no idea how you people are doing it.



if you are talking about zl's


have you put on your chart what we have on our charts?
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
razorboy
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Toronto
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby razorboy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:26 pm

I only started getting proficient at this once I got really really stupid. I have an MBA in finance and now rely on math that i probably learned in grade 4 or 5..........when do you learn to multiply fractions and decimals?
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

User avatar
retireme
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:12 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Perth
Real name: Nick Boland
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: binary options

Postby retireme » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:44 pm


i'm not offended at all

"Then fire away, see if we can get the pages size to 2000!"

would you rather keep the page count at 509 and learn nothing else?

:roll:


ok, mea culpa

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”