Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

flip4_mac
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 8:12 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby flip4_mac » Tue May 26, 2009 8:22 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:53.2 pips so far out of this hrs. shenanigan.
5 trades.
I see wicks in the direction of loss and bodies in the direction of profit. AND, I was actually able to act on it. Now if I can get brave enough to hold/add/hold/add, ect.
Image


Prochargedmopar

1.Can u post your mt4 template or list the indicators your using

2.what indicator in that line dashes around each candlestick?how to used it?

3.name indicator h1 low.h4 low etc horizontal lines?

thank you in advance

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 398
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue May 26, 2009 10:40 pm

This template is for an M15 chart only.
Remember the 1's, 2's, and 3's will be H1 semafors.
I also added 4's and 5's which coincide with H4 and D1 sema 3's respectively.
Background calndles are 30min. May want to change to 60's.
Attachments
!!!! $probasic10s$.tpl
M15
(127.22 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 am

TheRumpledOne wrote: DON'T CONFUSE ME...LOL!!!


Whilst you have 3Clipz along side you keep pumping him for clarification.

Would you mind also asking him to explain the momentum bar? Posters were using any old bar so long as its body was twice as big as the previous bars. However these included reversal bars and momentum bars with long wicks in the opposite direction of their own momentum.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 12773
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 1257
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed May 27, 2009 6:06 am

Fallacies, Part 1: Money Management is Secondary and Not Very Important

http://articles.mql4.com/631

On the Long Way to Be a Successful Trader - The Two Very First Steps

http://articles.mql4.com/813
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5891
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1349
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 am

For those of you who considered managed accounts:

Jump out when they are doing poor and jump in when they are draining the banks!

This is just a randomly picked user from Zulu Trade.

The method used for jumping on and off managers is the box method.

This should be fun entertainment and may even be profitable:

Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

pierre23
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:17 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby pierre23 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:42 am

MightyOne wrote:For those of you who considered managed accounts:

Jump out when they are doing poor and jump in when they are draining the banks!

This is just a randomly picked user from Zulu Trade.

The method used for jumping on and off managers is the box method.

This should be fun entertainment and may even be profitable:

Image


lol maybe if I had a spare $10,000 laying around the house. Are you trying it? Let us know how it goes :D

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5891
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1349
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu May 28, 2009 5:47 pm

What separates the 75 pips per week trader from the 650+ ppw trader?

Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5891
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1349
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I am considering going through the trade history of the top 10 traders and converting their history into daily candles before making any decisions.

pierre23 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:For those of you who considered managed accounts:

Jump out when they are doing poor and jump in when they are draining the banks!

This is just a randomly picked user from Zulu Trade.

The method used for jumping on and off managers is the box method.

This should be fun entertainment and may even be profitable:

Image


lol maybe if I had a spare $10,000 laying around the house. Are you trying it? Let us know how it goes :D

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 12773
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 1257
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu May 28, 2009 6:02 pm

MightyOne wrote:What separates the 75 pips per week trader from the 650+ ppw trader?


1) What they "see"

2) Their goals

3) Their ability to wait

4) Experience

5) Discipline

Not in order of importance.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5891
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1349
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu May 28, 2009 7:10 pm

All of which are vital to success as a longer term trader...

For me it is the inability to justify liquidating for 23 pips profit off of daily lows when price moves a hundred to hundreds of pips from the extremes every 24 hours.

I don't know if it will happen this time, but I know that it happens every day and so I stay fixated on the goal & mitigate my risk in the mean time.

One technique I employ is the use of 2 long term candles and the rule that the shorter TF of the 2 cannot share the same price extreme if I wish to trade the reversal.

Pips happen if you just let them happen ;)





TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:What separates the 75 pips per week trader from the 650+ ppw trader?


1) What they "see"

2) Their goals

3) Their ability to wait

4) Experience

5) Discipline

Not in order of importance.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”