Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

es/pip wrote:
marcromero wrote:Es/pip thank you so much you just opened my eyes to the zline thing. I've been trying to get a grip in this for months. Ok I see why you would have entered at the 1 in the blue zone(is that the mo zone) but why would you have entered in the 2 area? Also how do you make that blue zone?

you dont just enter in the MZ or at a Zl bec it is a zone or a line

"a true zl trade happens on bars that are back to back"

so if i didnt enter on bar #1 i would have traded into it on bar #2

and this is a 30 min chart so i would have really been looking at a 5 min chart and tried to get in based on momentum

to make the rect. use the rect. draw tool

Ok thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:51 pm

marcromero wrote:
es/pip wrote:
marcromero wrote:Es/pip thank you so much you just opened my eyes to the zline thing. I've been trying to get a grip in this for months. Ok I see why you would have entered at the 1 in the blue zone(is that the mo zone) but why would you have entered in the 2 area? Also how do you make that blue zone?

you dont just enter in the MZ or at a Zl bec it is a zone or a line

"a true zl trade happens on bars that are back to back"

so if i didnt enter on bar #1 i would have traded into it on bar #2

and this is a 30 min chart so i would have really been looking at a 5 min chart and tried to get in based on momentum

to make the rect. use the rect. draw tool

Ok thanks

that is where i would place my actual zl----- due to the fact that you had multiple bars coming back into your zl/mz ----it is treated differently than a regular zl/mz trade

when you have multiple bars you " trade away from support/ resistance"--MO-------- so i would have gone down to a 5/15 min and traded away from my zl based on momentum

also in this case the two down bars had no momo so i would have been more inclined to maybe take a 1/4 position at or near the zline and avg. into it

but where u placed your Zl would be exactly where i would have placed mine, bec that is where all the longs are holding profit from
Last edited by es/pip on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Amendment to MoNumbers:
If a 1+ (MoNumber)candle does not engulf all 0's and/or 1's between 2+ (MoNumber) candles then it is a 0 (not momentum)

This solves the problem of size and 2x the prev. candle is no longer required.
Consecutive momentum in 1 direction is given more strength.

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 pm

what is momo?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 pm

marcromero wrote:what is momo?

momentum

marcromero

Postby marcromero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 pm

o ok duh:)

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I can SEE 1 thing.

After MO's last post and es/pips description to macro about his ZL placement being correct,

I know nothing of this style of trading!!!!!!!!!!
The last 3 month's of reading was a waste of my time.
I don't get it.

Double this, triple that, MoMo here, MoMo there. Held profit for this guy/zeroed out for that guy(me), ect.

Why can't somebody break it down into a simple post with some clear descriptions so that us noobs can actually see and be given something to use to make a pip or two.

I'm very frustrated as you can tell.
I want to trade, not just follow some system because that DOES NOT WORK.

Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained.

You've got to know what trades are good/high probability before ever taking some SIGNAL!!!
And what does this mean? YOU, yes YOU don't need no stinkin signal because you are a trader that knows what the Hell is going on in the first place.

Someone want to teach me how to be a trader??.........No "system" will be accepted either.
I WANT TO TRADE!
Pro
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I can SEE 1 thing.

After MO's last post and es/pips description to macro about his ZL placement being correct,

I know nothing of this style of trading!!!!!!!!!!
The last 3 month's of reading was a waste of my time.
I don't get it.

Double this, triple that, MoMo here, MoMo there. Held profit for this guy/zeroed out for that guy(me), ect.

Why can't somebody break it down into a simple post with some clear descriptions so that us noobs can actually see and be given something to use to make a pip or two.

I'm very frustrated as you can tell.
I want to trade, not just follow some system because that DOES NOT WORK.

Try to take a trade randomly off the DTB template, Your gonna get waylayed. I've tried it.
Take a random trade off the buyzone and the same thing will happen. YOUR account will be drained.

You've got to know what trades are good/high probability before ever taking some SIGNAL!!!
And what does this mean? YOU, yes YOU don't need no stinkin signal because you are a trader that knows what the Hell is going on in the first place.

Someone want to teach me how to be a trader??.........No "system" will be accepted either.
I WANT TO TRADE!
Pro

I am not sure why you cant see it

it has been broken down simply, many times

1.body in direction of profit
2.wick in direction of loss

what this basically means

a group traders buy--the market moves up and they hold their position--(because the bar closes up)===== body in direction of profit.

the pros take the market back down to their entry( bec they know that the buyers have their stops there) then the pros buy the pullback taking their stops--- which ==== wick in direction of loss

so what does that mean

the traders that bought and held onto their profit were zeroed out--- the pros stepped in when the long traders couldn't take it anymore and got out at b/e

what does this mean for you

a chance to trade off their emotions and take advantage of where their stops are

when i talk about momo i am referencing trading a m30-4hr chart and getting in on the m5 based on momentum coming out of my zl/mz

as far as me saying i would have placed my zlines in the same place as macro-- im not sure how you could disagree that the held profit is not being held from those marked zlines

edit-----------just bec i mark my zline where i do does not mean that is the end all zline----" A zline can be any line in the mighty zone"--MO-- i just mark mine where i perceive the held profit is being held from----but any line in the mighty zone would be correct

think about this and what it means
1 BODY IN DIRECTION OF PROFIT

2 WICK IN DIRECTION OF LOSS

that is the only way to explain it

look at the bars and how they have formed and rationalize what that means in term of what the traders did---- ie where they bought and where the held profit is from

like MO said maybe the zl stuff just isn't for you
Last edited by es/pip on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I can SEE 1 thing.

So do I. There are more ways that lead to Rome.

I've started looking seriously into forex since January which is not to say that it was continuously :roll: and it becomes more and more clear to me that the easy is not so easy.

One has to find the right method that one can actually put to work for himself. This only requires a) searching, so one can find, b) refusing to give up on ones goal to be successful.

On a): as with trading, you will have to decide when it is time to look into other methods. In your case, to put the current method aside and look at things from a different angle. Which is not to say that you wouldn't revert back in a later stage, when insights have increased. On b) I can't see you not being successful unless you don't want to. That's the easy part.

When you look at that A/U chart, there are more things to be seen: the forming of a wedge from Feb 1st, breakout on March 9th. Also, another sign of things to come is the inside bar on March 8th. If you look at a bigger timeframe, draw fibs from April 1st 2001 (..) to 1st July 2008. Guess what: it bounced off the 23.6 on 4 days (2* mid Oct 08, 2* mid Nov 08) with an increasing slope, with a strong R around 0.628-631. You now have a handful of indicators pointing in the direction: up.

One of the things that I have noted for myself, is to look top-down and look for opportunities that are close to as many fibs as possible.

Hope this helps. Comments appreciated.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Return to “TheRumpledOne”