lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 am

lazygeorge wrote:Hi all,

If MO or someone could clarify this for me,would a MZ be valid after such a period of time......seems to be holding.......


Image


You want to keep your trades to within 2 periods after MOMO unless there is an XYXY pattern repeating.

In your picture, I would be trading short or maybe feeling for a bottom with a small order.

If I got half a position out there and price closed beyond that wick located 2 months to the left then I would feel all warm and fuzzy inside (after which I would trade off monthly low extremes to get the rest of my position out there).

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 am

Xwing76 wrote:I'm new and slowly catching up with this and NLA threads but just want to check I'm on the right tracks.

I made this demo trade today but not sure if I had my Z-line marked correct or my logic for entry was good or just lucky.

If you see the M15 chart for my entry the wicks didn't quite hit the 50% mark or Zline but I made the trade because of two strong wicks away from the 50% & Zline area.



H4

M15



I should save the link to this as this question will be asked for many years to come:


Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 am

Here is the basic analysis of the picture in the above post:


Image

jarnapal
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby jarnapal » Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 am

I think I understand now how to use equilibrium lines. I find the candle bodies with largest momo and draw and angle line through center of the bodies.

Image

As this was 45* degree move upwards, 22.5* correction should follow. I made my prediction :lol:

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Asuncion
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby JESGPY » Fri May 28, 2010 11:55 am

MightyOne wrote:
JESGPY wrote:I have a question some may consider stupid. Maybe it was already asked i searched around and did find the answere so i'll ask again.

I have 2 brokers and their 4h candles open with one hour delay one from the other. Should just focus on one broker's chart, or can I trade from one brokers chart when i have a trade in his 4h chart, and sometimes on the other when I find in his charts a trade and not on the other one.
I know price charts and time frames are a concept and a way of dividing a continuous move in price, but I just feel curios about this.

One of the brokers 4h charts open and close as alpari and the other one 1 hour later.

I would like to hear thoughs and opinions about this.
I know its not crucial for trading but I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks

JUAN


I never use standard open times or pay attn to sessions.



MO.
Why dont you dont use standard open times?

JUAN

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Asuncion
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby JESGPY » Fri May 28, 2010 1:22 pm

This may motivate and help some of us..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLN2k0b3g70

JUAN

scheeco
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby scheeco » Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

ok..so far so good as this will be the second day in row I seem to have the correct strategy and entry et al.

My process below:
H4 analysis:
2 sema formed in the 0-50% area of the H4 MOMO candle
This indicated that a reversal MAY be in the pipeline.

Image

M15 Entry:


Image


M15 Exit:
During this trade, right after the entry, price turned on me like and it nearly stopped me out, and it felt like I was slowly sinking through my arse but fortunately I was not stopped out!
Waited for my target!
Image


I think I got this one - the logic and strategy correct this time.
Not so concerned with making the target (it does feel good though) but the real joy is in seemingly having read the chart correctly.

Comments and help appreciated!
Dragon, dank u,jou hulp is waardeer!

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5547
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri May 28, 2010 2:06 pm

JESGPY wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
JESGPY wrote:I have a question some may consider stupid. Maybe it was already asked i searched around and did find the answere so i'll ask again.

I have 2 brokers and their 4h candles open with one hour delay one from the other. Should just focus on one broker's chart, or can I trade from one brokers chart when i have a trade in his 4h chart, and sometimes on the other when I find in his charts a trade and not on the other one.
I know price charts and time frames are a concept and a way of dividing a continuous move in price, but I just feel curios about this.

One of the brokers 4h charts open and close as alpari and the other one 1 hour later.

I would like to hear thoughs and opinions about this.
I know its not crucial for trading but I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks

JUAN


I never use standard open times or pay attn to sessions.



MO.
Why dont you dont use standard open times?

JUAN


Juan,
Think about it.

With CC you have infinite time frames to view.
I feel his statement (paraphrased) "All that matters is momentum and volatility."
You do not need a "universal" start time for this to happen or even a "block" of time.

Price makes new levels.
Price reverses from new levels.

And it does NOT care about what BAR we are looking at or what time of day we want to START looking.

Cheers.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

scheeco wrote:ok..so far so good as this will be the second day in row I seem to have the correct strategy and entry et al.

My process below:
H4 analysis:
2 sema formed in the 0-50% area of the H4 MOMO candle
This indicated that a reversal MAY be in the pipeline.

Image

M15 Entry:


Image


M15 Exit:
During this trade, right after the entry, price turned on me like and it nearly stopped me out, and it felt like I was slowly sinking through my arse but fortunately I was not stopped out!
Waited for my target!
Image


I think I got this one - the logic and strategy correct this time.
Not so concerned with making the target (it does feel good though) but the real joy is in seemingly having read the chart correctly.

Comments and help appreciated!
Dragon, dank u,jou hulp is waardeer!



This is how I would have traded this setup.

I wouldn't short there because too much bullish H1 momo.

It makes more sense to go long here because there is a good chance it might reach the top bearish H4 MZ.

I would short there down only if there was bearish momo on H1

Image

Image

scheeco
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby scheeco » Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm

adaseb wrote:
scheeco wrote:ok..so far so good as this will be the second day in row I seem to have the correct strategy and entry et al.

My process below:
H4 analysis:
2 sema formed in the 0-50% area of the H4 MOMO candle
This indicated that a reversal MAY be in the pipeline.

Image

M15 Entry:


Image


M15 Exit:
During this trade, right after the entry, price turned on me like and it nearly stopped me out, and it felt like I was slowly sinking through my arse but fortunately I was not stopped out!
Waited for my target!
Image


I think I got this one - the logic and strategy correct this time.
Not so concerned with making the target (it does feel good though) but the real joy is in seemingly having read the chart correctly.

Comments and help appreciated!
Dragon, dank u,jou hulp is waardeer!



This is how I would have traded this setup.

I wouldn't short there because too much bullish H1 momo.

It makes more sense to go long here because there is a good chance it might reach the top bearish H4 MZ.

I would short there down only if there was bearish momo on H1

Image

Image


Thanks adaseb,
I was actually looking at that long this morning but was to late to enter it.. but I had my eye on it.However when I got to my pc two green candles had already formed after the 2nd red candle (red candle after the 3 sema red candle ) so I thought it would be to late to enter that one.

Ok clearly I am still not understaning something as I thought I was following Dragons method to the letter with this trade.
I saw the huge H1 MOMO/BO candle you mention but then I thought since the 3 sema formed in the H4 zone on M15, and another colour candle formed after the confirmation candle as per Dragon's method - I was entering quite safely.(Red candle after 3 sema green candle.)

I also thought that since the red candle , after the 3 sema green candle on the M15 chart, closed lower then the 50% mark of the green candle, it would be fairly safe to enter.

I need to brush up on my analysis even more then!
Thank you for the insightful comments!Much appreciated!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”