lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 2
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm

brain? what brain?
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 968
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm

saku82pl wrote:another 60p, i lost 11 trying to catch it,
i think i should try to put more lots next time as the price goes my why
was there anybody at the same trade today??


The question is how few lots you can use to achieve your compounding goal and move safely forward to realistic returns.

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 2
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:54 pm

As sad as this sounds, I consider you (MO) somewhat of a mythical figure. I sometimes read through your posts and am just amazed. So to have you reply to my questions makes me feel "special," as in the "I don't have a life" kind of way. I know: me = loser!
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 2
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:56 pm

woo hoo. 50 posts. Only 950 more to be considered for private MO tutoring!
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 2
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:58 pm

wow, these past few posts make me sound like a stalker.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 212
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 pm

The bad thing about custom candle is that I can use it to re-affirm a faulty bias.

Do you want to go long?

Image

Or do you want to go short?

Image

I see you tossed in the 30/30. Maybe a filter for shorts eh? LOL


Where have the banks drawn their line?
check, check, check, BOOM

Image
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:50 am

newark18 wrote:woo hoo. 50 posts. Only 950 more to be considered for private MO tutoring!


See you have been reading all the posts and remembering their content.

The best way to apply what is taught is to mark the charts the hard way, without any/many indi.

That said I'm sure Blubbbs indi allows for a ZL to be drawn at 50% of memo. Experiment with the settings.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

User avatar
bacoazul
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby bacoazul » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 am

Double :oops:
Last edited by bacoazul on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bacoazul
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby bacoazul » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:58 am

prochargedmopar wrote:The bad thing about custom candle is that I can use it to re-affirm a faulty bias.

Do you want to go long?

Image

Or do you want to go short?

Image

I see you tossed in the 30/30. Maybe a filter for shorts eh? LOL


Where have the banks drawn their line?
check, check, check, BOOM

Image



All this are MO's posts

MightyOne wrote:
Ok, now how many of you are aware that you should rarely combine more than 3 candles? A candle will fill its range within the first or second half or in a 3rd of its duration. When you combine too many periods you have too many moving parts and this dilutes the power of the extremes.



1) In Basic terms, the point of combining candles (into 3), is it to keep track of the long term trend so not to liquidate a good position too soon?

I combine candles into 2 or 3 and rarely 4.

2) Or is it also to help us see what price really is doing (e.g. closing/ failing to close beyond exremes) ?

It is for a lot of reasons, what you said being one of them.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5781
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 212
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 am

bacoazul wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:The bad thing about custom candle is that I can use it to re-affirm a faulty bias.

Do you want to go long?

Image

Or do you want to go short?

Image

I see you tossed in the 30/30. Maybe a filter for shorts eh? LOL


Where have the banks drawn their line?
check, check, check, BOOM

Image



All this are MO's posts

MightyOne wrote:
Ok, now how many of you are aware that you should rarely combine more than 3 candles? A candle will fill its range within the first or second half or in a 3rd of its duration. When you combine too many periods you have too many moving parts and this dilutes the power of the extremes.



1) In Basic terms, the point of combining candles (into 3), is it to keep track of the long term trend so not to liquidate a good position too soon?

I combine candles into 2 or 3 and rarely 4.

2) Or is it also to help us see what price really is doing (e.g. closing/ failing to close beyond exremes) ?

It is for a lot of reasons, what you said being one of them.


Exactly my point.
We are told to trade multiple time frames................there are a hell of a lot of H1 candles in a yearly charts "3" candles.

At times it seems targets and direction get very confusing/skewed when not focusing in on a narrow range of time frames, at least for me up to this point in my career.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”