How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

EDITED

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 am

EDITED
Last edited by Jalarupa on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby MightyOne » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Mira wrote:
So I'm making money faster and losing money faster too (than a non-stacking strategy) if i don't switch to a bigger timeframe. Is it right?

And switching from 8 lines on H1 isn't:

- 4 lines H4
- 2 lines D1?

Thank you much!

Position size is the 'speed' at which money is gained or lost & we measure that speed by how many pips it takes to make a specific amount of money.

The number of pips that our money is spread out over is what we call our 'time frame' and we link this idea with a specific period to give us an idea of how long it should take to make a specific amount of money by observing how many lines price has sprawled out over a certain period of time.

You can make anywhere from 0 to 16 lines in an hour, 1 line on any chart, but as you increase your line width you reduce the number of lines that price can travel through over shorter periods of time (<16)

The greater the value of the lines the more you consider making your money at larger intervals because as you approach maximum line value, say $4000/line, every line might be worth 320 H1 lines at your initial position size; having time to eject from a trade is then more important than maximizing the number of lines that you make.

One H1 line = one H4 line = one Daily line = one Weekly line = one Monthly line = one line on AUDUSD = one line on USDZAR
$12.50 over x where x = (ATR).382
H4: " over x * 02
D1: " over x * 04
W1: " over x * 08
MN: " over x * 16

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:
So I'm making money faster and losing money faster too (than a non-stacking strategy) if i don't switch to a bigger timeframe. Is it right?

And switching from 8 lines on H1 isn't:

- 4 lines H4
- 2 lines D1?

Thank you much!

Position size is the 'speed' at which money is gained or lost & we measure that speed by how many pips it takes to make a specific amount of money.

The number of pips that our money is spread out over is what we call our 'time frame' and we link this idea with a specific period to give us an idea of how long it should take to make a specific amount of money by observing how many lines price has sprawled out over a certain period of time.

You can make anywhere from 0 to 16 lines in an hour, 1 line on any chart, but as you increase your line width you reduce the number of lines that price can travel through over shorter periods of time (<16)

The greater the value of the lines the more you consider making your money at larger intervals because as you approach maximum line value, say $4000/line, every line might be worth 320 H1 lines at your initial position size; having time to eject from a trade is then more important than maximizing the number of lines that you make.

One H1 line = one H4 line = one Daily line = one Weekly line = one Monthly line = one line on AUDUSD = one line on USDZAR

I was thinking that clicking one timeframe up is = at doubling space (lines width) and halving lot size ($/pip value) keeping the same number of lines.

1) Why did we start from 8 lines on H1 then 4 on the Daily?
Is it because of a double?

2) What is better?

a) having more lines
b) having high value lines

(I'm asking this because I made a try with numbers and there is a sort of "impact" when I lose a trade AFTER a winning one)

image upload

I'm sorry if I'm stressing you MO :lol:
But I'm trying to understand, because I Trust you when you say that space is more important than chart analysis, so I don't want to miss this part.

Thank you much for helping!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Mira wrote:I was thinking that clicking one timeframe up is = at doubling space (lines width) and halving lot size ($/pip value) keeping the same number of lines.

1) Why did we start from 8 lines on H1 then 4 on the Daily?
Is it because of a double?

2) What is better?

a) having more lines
b) having high value lines

(I'm asking this because I made a try with numbers and there is a sort of "impact" when I lose a trade AFTER a winning one)

I'm sorry if I'm stressing you MO :lol:
But I'm trying to understand, because I Trust you when you say that space is more important than chart analysis, so I don't want to miss this part.

Thank you much for helping!

1) We didn't.
H1: 1 line = $12.50 over 5 pips (x)
H4: 1 line = $12.50 over 10 pips (x * 2)
D1: 1 line = $12.50 over 20 pips (x * 4)
and so on.

2) It is a balancing act between size and safety.
You could stack all of your OPM into a single line and take trades on the monthly chart but if it doesn't work out then you have to dig into your
pocket for another risk-box. If you make 1 line, move it over to the monthly chart, and then consider it to be an independent risk-box then I can
see nothing wrong with that.

I would rather have 8 lines of $500 than 40 lines of $12.50
if that answers you question.

MO wrote: One H1 line = one H4 line = one Daily line = one Weekly line = one Monthly line = one line on AUDUSD = one line on USDZAR

elkin.fernandez

Postby elkin.fernandez » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 pm

I don´t understand yet "lines" idea.

Maybe it is because, I have the same experience that Mira. Win one trade and loss next. LOL. How many time one has to stack?

How could I have a small distance between my SL and my entry in order to have a a great ratio using "lines idea"?

You suppose that:

I have a 4 lines of risk, how many lines i have to get minimun? 4?
I win this trade. Now, Do i have 4 lines to risk? I mean now i have 8 lines to risk?. Lets suppose that i risk 8 lines and i loss. Again I would be in the same place again?.

Thats my doubt.

I would like to use lines idea. But I dont get understand what I have to do after i get lines to increase my line value.
My long term bag: Bitcoin, ZCash and Chainlink 8)

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am

elkin.fernandez wrote:I don´t understand yet "lines" idea.

Maybe it is because, I have the same experience that Mira. Win one trade and loss next. LOL. How many time one has to stack?

How could I have a small distance between my SL and my entry in order to have a a great ratio using "lines idea"?

You suppose that:

I have a 4 lines of risk, how many lines i have to get minimun? 4?
I win this trade. Now, Do i have 4 lines to risk? I mean now i have 8 lines to risk?. Lets suppose that i risk 8 lines and i loss. Again I would be in the same place again?.

Thats my doubt.

I would like to use lines idea. But I dont get understand what I have to do after i get lines to increase my line value.

Hi Elkin!

The Truth is that it's simple.
You have N lines (10, i.e.) of x $ (5$, i.e.) and you put at risk a portion of that lines [MO says two lines = 20% of your pocket at risk].

Let's say that you make 2 lines:

("Actual" lines / "previous" lines) * lines value
(12/10) • 5 = 6$

It means that now you have 10 lines of 6$, risk is normalized.
You 'reset' your space when you reach your goal (15$/L? 30% of your account? 300$?), so you can start again with the number of lines you prefer and at the size you like/need.

The formula is the same for a losing trade, - 3 lines is:

(7/10) • 6 = 4.2$

It means that now you have 10 lines of 4.2$ or 8 lines of 5.25$ or 5 lines of 8.4$, if you want.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am

This is another experiment made with lines.
Here I tried to simulate some loss and lastly a recover.

It seems that trying to keep a value similar to the starting one (or bigger, obviously) is the best choice to recover faster, considering that it raises risk.

[I'm referring to the last trade (5a; 5b)]

upload image

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Mira wrote:This is another experiment made with lines.

It seems that trying to keep a value similar to the starting one (or bigger, obviously) is the best choice to recover faster, considering that it raises risk.

upload image

Safer will be start with 5a and increase size to 5b after order is on profit. Increase size before entry after 4 losses in a row sound like revenge trade #-o.
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:31 pm

salezyakuku wrote:
Mira wrote:This is another experiment made with lines.

upload image

Safer will be start with 5a and increase size to 5b after order is on profit. Increase size before entry after 4 losses in a row sound like revenge trade #-o.

Revenge trade :lol:

You're right btw.. doubling when in profit is safer (even if it's not always that easy, price leaves me off most of the times :o ). Thanks!

I made that assumption because after a loss of 8 lines over 10, being able to keep playing hard is a gambler paradise.
At first sight it looks like recovering from losses is a slow process.. maybe it's true, but this money management is more than that :shock:
It goes with your success rate: it reduces your losses when you're losing and it increases your wins when you're winning.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Now that I have an idea of how lines work I can start studying something to manage my money in a better way!

Then if I could learn how to trade it would be even better.. sometimes I feel that if I draw a random line on a chart and trade it in direction of profit I'd do better than now :( :lol:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”