FOREX FORTUNE TELLER

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Sun May 03, 2009 3:22 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:"I don't believe. I want facts and evidence. "

The reason I say the entry is more important is because if your entry NEVER gives you an opportunity to take profit then all the exit can do is minimize the loss.

I have proven the entry at the Buy Zone trigger has a higher statistical chance of success than a random entry given a random entry has a 50/50 chance.


Of course, IF your entry doesn't give you an opportunity to take profit, then you'll have a hard time. Are you saying that a 50/50 chance to pick the right direction from the start is not providing an opportunity ? I think it is, namely 50% to pick the right direction in the long run. As is the case with the Buyzone, you will also have to minimize losses of course, and you will have to let profits run. If you can't master that, then a Buyzone entry is of no help either, unless you always go for just a few pips and don't want to let profits run I guess.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11405
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 pm

A few pips?

You have to understand the POWER OF COMPOUNDING.

A few pips is all you need.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:A few pips?

You have to understand the POWER OF COMPOUNDING.

A few pips is all you need.


I repeat my question: Are you saying that a 50/50 chance to pick the right direction from the start is not providing an opportunity ?

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Sun May 03, 2009 5:49 pm

PTG wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:A few pips?

You have to understand the POWER OF COMPOUNDING.

A few pips is all you need.


I repeat my question: Are you saying that a 50/50 chance to pick the right direction from the start is not providing an opportunity ?


For your convenience, I repeat a statement from one of your previous posts in this thread: "However, if you realize that every entry is UNIQUE and the outcome is not known in advance (emphasis mine), it doesn't matter why you enter the trade."

And that includes the flip of a coin :P
I'm sure you won't deny that a flip of a coin as a means to enter a trade can actually provide "the few pips that you need".

Now that I myself have answered the question that I asked you (as always: please correct me if you think I'm wrong), please tell me what the POWER OF COMPOUNDING has to do with the way you enter a trade and where that 'power' fits in the grand scheme of things that include other aspects like consistency, endurance, money management, exit strategy etc. It all has to add up, isn't it ?

Do you agree with me that a flip of a coin could actually be the basis for successful trades ?

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11405
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue May 05, 2009 12:57 am

NO, I don't agree with you nor do I care to debate this any longer.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Tue May 05, 2009 8:59 am

As you wish. We disagree.

For those who are interested in the idea of coin tossing as an entry signal, it can be found on page 200 in the book '' by Van K. Tharp. It's on 4shared.com

Summary on page 230:
. Entry receives more attention from most people than any other aspect of a trading system. This attention is largely misplaced and often at the expense of ignoring the most critical aspects of a system. Nevertheless, if good timing can increase the reliability of your trading without changing its reward-to-risk ratio, then entry certainly deserves some of your attention.
. You can make money with a random entry system. In fact, few entry techniques show a reliability that is much better than random-especially over 20 days or more.

In other words: the phrase "for amusement only" for the Forex Fortune Teller as presented by TRO is not shared by all. Which is not to say that a better than 50:50 chance isn't better than a 50:50; this would also imply that a 100% winning entry system wouldn't be better.
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11405
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue May 05, 2009 5:02 pm

"for amusement only" is just a disclaimer.

I didn't want anyone taking this seriously.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

nextHtime
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Postby nextHtime » Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm

I wonder about all this guys that like to argue about trading and what not if they have what it takes to trade or just to argue? Not just push buttons.

Stop looking for what others are wrong about. It probably makes you fell I am not a looser he is bigger looser then me.

GROW UP.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Tue May 05, 2009 9:45 pm

nextHtime wrote:I wonder about all this guys that like to argue about trading and what not if they have what it takes to trade or just to argue? Not just push buttons.

Stop looking for what others are wrong about. It probably makes you fell I am not a looser he is bigger looser then me.

GROW UP.


Not sure if your advise is directed towards me being part of "this guys"; if it is, please be advised that I am not interested in the discussion as such, but in learning through exposing my thoughts so that people who feel like it can argue with me in a constructive way based on reason; i.o.w. this will have to be based on contents and not on the appearance. For anyone who doesn't appreciate the form, there's always the solution to neglect the information presented, same goes for people who don't want to argue for whatever reason (which is their right since nobody should be forced to enter into a discussion they don't want to be part of); something the existence of which has been forgotten by many folks.

I'd like to add that the majority of grown-ups also have largely forgotten to look further than the tip of their nose, amongst others because they were told to "grow up" and act like an obedient slave that does what he has been told by his self-proclaimed superiors.

Peace 8)

nextHtime
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Postby nextHtime » Wed May 06, 2009 12:24 am

I get your point, you always have to be right.

"point taken"

be well

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”