Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 pm

bredin wrote:I think that adding positions is better done on higher tfs than the entry...

any other opinions?

G.


I'm starting to think that adding positions on a higher tf is safer, but staying within the same timeframe allows you to see more of the previous congestion areas, which are the hurdles future price must jump over to make adding positions more profitable. This would allow you an earlier entry on adding positions.
If you switch to a higher timeframe, your next possible 'add position' focus point could be +100 pips away, at that type of gain you have a few extra pips to flush down the toilet if you are wrong.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm

I am often asked the same questions over and over and over again.


How do you get those massive gains?

&

How do you know when to exit?


In the beginning :lol: ...


The secret is simple :shock: and yet few understand it.

1. Trade off of high time frame extremes.

Why do you trade off of high time frame extremes?

2. Price closes over a line on a high TF chart.

That is right, trading off of the extremes buys you a ticket into the larger time frame S&R game.

3. Price makes a higher high.

Price does not make a higher high ONE TIME in a trend, what makes you think that it will be this time?

4. There is a burst of high TF momo.

5. Liquidate.


It is not so much that I know what is going to happen as it is that I know what I am looking for & am willing to wait for it.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE, NOT A PREDICTION!


Image

spa
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby spa » Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

hindsight is always 20/20
Attachments
gu15min.gif
gu15min.gif (15.04 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

cosmoe1
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Time of day to trade

Postby cosmoe1 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Mo,
I've been watching this thread since you guys started it.

One main qusetion I have is what time of day do you trade. Or do you put in limit orders and when it happens it happens.

The other is concerning stop loss. Is your stop loss always put at the height of the previous candle on a 4h candle.

I have been trading Tro's Rat Reversal system for about two weeks,. I am constantly getting stopped out using a 10 pip stop loss as he reccommends. I wont go as far as saying my Broker is stop hunting but..................

cosmoe1

spa
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby spa » Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm

MightyOne wrote:Image


rereading this stuff...

this looks like a red RAT on all timeframes :h1, h3 CC and H9 CC ...so 3 rats

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Re: Time of day to trade

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

cosmoe1 wrote:Hi Mo,
I've been watching this thread since you guys started it.

One main qusetion I have is what time of day do you trade. Or do you put in limit orders and when it happens it happens.

The other is concerning stop loss. Is your stop loss always put at the height of the previous candle on a 4h candle.

I have been trading Tro's Rat Reversal system for about two weeks,. I am constantly getting stopped out using a 10 pip stop loss as he reccommends. I wont go as far as saying my Broker is stop hunting but..................

cosmoe1



When price is moving, that is the time of the day to be trading.


Stop loss? What stop loss? Only people that want to be stopped out use a stop loss :lol:


RAT TRADE

No system will succeed without a skillful trader. If it were as easy as buying the breakout of a #2 point then everyone would be rich.

cosmoe1
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby cosmoe1 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
cosmoe1 wrote:Hi Mo,
I've been watching this thread since you guys started it.

One main qusetion I have is what time of day do you trade. Or do you put in limit orders and when it happens it happens.

The other is concerning stop loss. Is your stop loss always put at the height of the previous candle on a 4h candle.

I have been trading Tro's Rat Reversal system for about two weeks,. I am constantly getting stopped out using a 10 pip stop loss as he reccommends. I wont go as far as saying my Broker is stop hunting but..................

cosmoe1



When price is moving, that is the time of the day to be trading.


Stop loss? What stop loss? Only people that want to be stopped out use a stop loss :lol:


RAT TRADE

No system will succeed without a skillful trader. If it were as easy as buying the breakout of a #2 point then everyone would be rich.
Thanks MO, just as I have been suspecting

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 24, 2010 5:44 pm

spa wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Image


rereading this stuff...

this looks like a red RAT on all timeframes :h1, h3 CC and H9 CC ...so 3 rats



That is correct.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 24, 2010 6:29 pm

spa wrote:hindsight is always 20/20


At least you know what to do in hindsight :lol:


If you can remember that position is the name of the game then you will do very well.

If you trade the small TF without long term position then you have no real claim to big pips.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5544
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Time of day to trade

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon May 24, 2010 11:41 pm

MightyOne wrote:
cosmoe1 wrote:Hi Mo,
I've been watching this thread since you guys started it.

One main qusetion I have is what time of day do you trade. Or do you put in limit orders and when it happens it happens.

The other is concerning stop loss. Is your stop loss always put at the height of the previous candle on a 4h candle.

I have been trading Tro's Rat Reversal system for about two weeks,. I am constantly getting stopped out using a 10 pip stop loss as he reccommends. I wont go as far as saying my Broker is stop hunting but..................

cosmoe1



When price is moving, that is the time of the day to be trading.


Stop loss? What stop loss? Only people that want to be stopped out use a stop loss :lol:


RAT TRADE

No system will succeed without a skillful trader. If it were as easy as buying the breakout of a #2 point then everyone would be rich.



No system will succeed without a skillful trader. If it were as easy as buying the breakout of a #2 point then everyone would be rich.

AMEN'
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”