Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 pm

cwn6161 which thread did you get that chart from? I assume it's from May 2009.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cwn6161
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:05 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby cwn6161 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Probably the NLA thread. I was looking through old MO posts and saw that.

pawelklos
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:45 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby pawelklos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 am

I wonder if this strategy work on 1minute TF.? I think probably not. :P :cry: :lol:

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11405
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am

MightyOne wrote:Thank you Bredin, your ii_CC_3X indicator works perfectly:


Image


Please post your template.

I am trying to follow along.

Thanks in advance.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 am

pawelklos wrote:I wonder if this strategy work on 1minute TF.? I think probably not. :P :cry: :lol:


I'll pretend that you didn't even utter such nonsense :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
scratty
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby scratty » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 am

Hi MO


-You are right until you are wrong so keep pushing forward and ignore the voices in your head until something is proven to be true.


Do you mean by "proven to be true": closed Candle (CC or other tf)? So no descitions on unclosed CC/Other TF Candles?

Thanks MO


MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:I still have this newbie question on combinations. I am still trying to figure out what is the best way to combine candles. Which is the best way to combine?

Image

Image

I think these two pictures are conflicting.



There is no "best" way to do anything :shock:

Large bodied CC should capture as much MOMO as possible.

I consider it "incorrect" to combine in such a way that single TF momo candles are grouped into nonmomo unless it is unavoidable.


-If price is going lower then price should be closing lower

-If price closed lower than something then it should not close higher than something.

-There is only one lowest low no matter which TF you observe.

-Toward the end of a move there will most likely be a large bodied candle.

-Go with your gut, let your money management deal with the consequences.

-You are right until you are wrong so keep pushing forward and ignore the voices in your head until something is proven to be true.
Lose professionally!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Manta wrote:"If you can imagine that everything between two closes is a wick,
the "wick closes" time an entry instead of picking a price. "

Does it mean, that you use e.g. 3xH1 CC for entry and then single H9 CC MOMO for exit? This makes perfect sense for me, if I look at charts and set single CC at extremes according your rules.

Then this trading style is more based on time than on price...


A "wick close" is the close of a shift before the leading CC.

How I enter is not based on a single chart.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Thank you Bredin, your ii_CC_3X indicator works perfectly:


Image


Please post your template.

I am trying to follow along.

Thanks in advance.


My computer is setup to not allow files to be exported and I am always forgetting passwords :? :lol:

The template is simply a 1MA of the close on a line chart where line color is set to "none"

Drop a CC indi on the chart and presto!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Manta wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Hi Manta, thanks for your post, a question, just to confirm if you are thinking the same short entry as me


but I did take the downmove from different angle


Merry X by the way! :)


Yes, I meant that red candle. But it was just one of my ideas how to trade this 3x3 CC stuff. I think everybody has to find his own way, rather than to follow blindly some rules. I think MO just shows general approach how to read charts. I dont think he will give us some "Plug and play" toy :D

Am I right, MO?



Discretionary Trading:

http://www.trade2win.com/traderpedia/Di ... ry_Trading

Now we are on the same page again :wink:

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

scratty wrote:Hi MO


-You are right until you are wrong so keep pushing forward and ignore the voices in your head until something is proven to be true.


Do you mean by "proven to be true": closed Candle (CC or other tf)? So no descitions on unclosed CC/Other TF Candles?

Thanks MO


MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:I still have this newbie question on combinations. I am still trying to figure out what is the best way to combine candles. Which is the best way to combine?

Image

Image

I think these two pictures are conflicting.



There is no "best" way to do anything :shock:

Large bodied CC should capture as much MOMO as possible.

I consider it "incorrect" to combine in such a way that single TF momo candles are grouped into nonmomo unless it is unavoidable.


-If price is going lower then price should be closing lower

-If price closed lower than something then it should not close higher than something.

-There is only one lowest low no matter which TF you observe.

-Toward the end of a move there will most likely be a large bodied candle.

-Go with your gut, let your money management deal with the consequences.

-You are right until you are wrong so keep pushing forward and ignore the voices in your head until something is proven to be true.


The time between two checkpoints can be a convincing illusion.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”