Aliassmith Psychology 101 and other stuff

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm

jarnapal wrote:It hurts when it happens. I was watching usc/cad (yen pairs move oppositely to usd/cad) and it was developing momentum up. I exited my trades and then saw this. Sick_Smile





Not sure what you are referring to. I think it would have been better to
watch the pair/s you are trading. Certain pairs are not always correlated
100% even if it is an inverse correlation.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Little 16 pipper

Seems like I am getting to where I can double my account in 2 months.
That is truely more than I ever expected to achieve. The people on here
that do more can really give a sense of anything is possible. :D
Attachments
aliasjuly16.gif
aliasjuly16.gif (17.52 KiB) Viewed 955 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:48 pm

jarnapal wrote:It hurts when it happens. I was watching usc/cad (yen pairs move oppositely to usd/cad) and it was developing momentum up. I exited my trades and then saw this. Sick_Smile





What is the difference between risking 10 pips with a full position and risking 20 pips with a half position and 10 pips with an average?


The size of the profit if price skyrockets without your second position?


You should commit to what works, and use position sizing to make it comfortable on your wallet:

Image

jarnapal
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby jarnapal » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm

aliassmith wrote:
jarnapal wrote:It hurts when it happens. I was watching usc/cad (yen pairs move oppositely to usd/cad) and it was developing momentum up. I exited my trades and then saw this. Sick_Smile





Not sure what you are referring to. I think it would have been better to
watch the pair/s you are trading. Certain pairs are not always correlated
100% even if it is an inverse correlation.


USD CAD has some inverse correlation on lower timeframes which has worked for me for some time.. I marked my entries and exits on the chart to show that seconds after the price skyrocketed.


MightyOne. thanks for marking the chart. I see exactly how you would have worked this out. I like how you have marked that lower support line.

nkhawaja
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby nkhawaja » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 pm

aliassmith refering to post at 4:31 PM on page 51

this screen and your trade doesnt look like
RED, GREEN, GREEN

what is the ruleset here?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:21 am

jarnapal wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
jarnapal wrote:It hurts when it happens. I was watching usc/cad (yen pairs move oppositely to usd/cad) and it was developing momentum up. I exited my trades and then saw this. Sick_Smile





Not sure what you are referring to. I think it would have been better to
watch the pair/s you are trading. Certain pairs are not always correlated
100% even if it is an inverse correlation.


USD CAD has some inverse correlation on lower timeframes which has worked for me for some time.. I marked my entries and exits on the chart to show that seconds after the price skyrocketed.


MightyOne. thanks for marking the chart. I see exactly how you would have worked this out. I like how you have marked that lower support line.


Ya I don't know your methodology. I don't believe I would have exited
where you have. I do know I would have entered on the bars right after
you closed. Nice pin bar brake after rejection of support.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 am

nkhawaja wrote:aliassmith refering to post at 4:31 PM on page 51

this screen and your trade doesnt look like
RED, GREEN, GREEN

what is the ruleset here?


I believe you are referring to 14:30ish on my chart?

So what is red, green, green?

I don't use any red light green light. I try to see what price is telling me
at order stack areas. Entry was based on what the candle before my
arrow told me. What does it say to you?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

nkhawaja
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby nkhawaja » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:01 am

sorry my mistake, i didnt know your trading style, i thought you are following TRO's RAT style

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Opportunities are there to make pips
Attachments
aliasjuly16x.gif
aliasjuly16x.gif (19.83 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

jarnapal
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby jarnapal » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:42 pm

aliassmith wrote:Opportunities are there to make pips


I like the breakouts. How to you determine the trend ? By looking zerolines on higher timeframe ?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”