Aliassmith Psychology 101 and other stuff

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Waiting to see what happens with this MoMo.
Daily extreme is 1.2673ish as a target.
Looking for rat trade or something nice in grey area.
Attachments
aliasjuly6x.gif
aliasjuly6x.gif (17.46 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Asuncion
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby JESGPY » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm

aliassmith wrote:Waiting to see what happens with this MoMo.
Daily extreme is 1.2673ish as a target.
Looking for rat trade or something nice in grey area.


also looking at that area.. but looks like price took off

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:46 pm

JESGPY wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Waiting to see what happens with this MoMo.
Daily extreme is 1.2673ish as a target.
Looking for rat trade or something nice in grey area.


also looking at that area.. but looks like price took off


Go up to H1 and take a look, still possible.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Brookmyre
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Brookmyre » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

aliassmith wrote:Here is a pic, you have to place your orders to stay beyond the
corrections like in the example. This may mean using different lot sizes
to compensate for order position.


Just re-reading thru your posts Alias and came across this gem....

Im trading a micro at the moment with ten cent pips and so while trying to keep risk down, sizing up or down lot size without each trade becoming too large a percentage of my account is a bit hard until I increase the account and my consistancy. I managed to average a second position correctly (just once so far) and the return was just stupid for one trade (22% from memory)

The idea of using different lot sizes to compensate for order position never occured to me because at the moment Im a little hamstrung by the small account size, but your note on doing this just filled in another little piece of the puzzle for me. Thankyou
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Brookmyre wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Here is a pic, you have to place your orders to stay beyond the
corrections like in the example. This may mean using different lot sizes
to compensate for order position.


Just re-reading thru your posts Alias and came across this gem....

Im trading a micro at the moment with ten cent pips and so while trying to keep risk down, sizing up or down lot size without each trade becoming too large a percentage of my account is a bit hard until I increase the account and my consistancy. I managed to average a second position correctly (just once so far) and the return was just stupid for one trade (22% from memory)

The idea of using different lot sizes to compensate for order position never occured to me because at the moment Im a little hamstrung by the small account size, but your note on doing this just filled in another little piece of the puzzle for me. Thankyou


You should be concerned about your leverage "mostly" when you make
your initial position. When you add then leverage becomes less of a
concern and the focus becomes on placing your average with s/r between
current price and your average price.

At this point protect your capital and don't allow your loss to become larger
than you initially planned.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm

aliassmith wrote:Waiting to see what happens with this MoMo.
Daily extreme is 1.2673ish as a target.
Looking for rat trade or something nice in grey area.


A little below my grey area on entry, but so far so good.
Attachments
aliasjuly7.gif
aliasjuly7.gif (18.07 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Asuncion
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby JESGPY » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:28 pm

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Waiting to see what happens with this MoMo.
Daily extreme is 1.2673ish as a target.
Looking for rat trade or something nice in grey area.


A little below my grey area on entry, but so far so good.



Nice one aliass. Patience payed.

JUAN

User avatar
Braathen
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Infront of the PC O_o
Gender: Male

Postby Braathen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey alias! Good too see some nice trades there m8 ;)
(same to you pablo ^^)

Ill snatch a spot in your thread here for a little "Im still working hard on my forex and doing well".
Atm im using 8h chart with 24h CC as my lowest analysis..
still love my 15m chart / 45m CC for entries.
Heres my latest to trades.. one already unfolded
and the other paying well atm. JP, Patience is a true vertue :)

Image

Theis is not the only picture im looking at but it shows it well.
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

User avatar
JESGPY
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Asuncion
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby JESGPY » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Braathen wrote:Hey alias! Good too see some nice trades there m8 ;)
(same to you pablo ^^)

Ill snatch a spot in your thread here for a little "Im still working hard on my forex and doing well".
Atm im using 8h chart with 24h CC as my lowest analysis..
still love my 15m chart / 45m CC for entries.
Heres my latest to trades.. one already unfolded
and the other paying well atm. JP, Patience is a true vertue :)

Image

Theis is not the only picture im looking at but it shows it well.


brathen.

that long on GJ seem to be paying well.

I dont know how exactly you analized it. But i see a 4h MZ long from that bottom.

I am curretly having problems to take the trades. I analize properly but find a way to sabotage my way to take the good trades.

JUAN

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Braathen wrote:Hey alias! Good too see some nice trades there m8 ;)
(same to you pablo ^^)

Ill snatch a spot in your thread here for a little "Im still working hard on my forex and doing well".
Atm im using 8h chart with 24h CC as my lowest analysis..
still love my 15m chart / 45m CC for entries.
Heres my latest to trades.. one already unfolded
and the other paying well atm. JP, Patience is a true vertue :)

Image

Theis is not the only picture im looking at but it shows it well.


You are welcome to post here bro. I like what you are doing on the long
timeframes. I would love to learn that exit/continuation/enter again thing
you show. Something else I'll have to research. :)

So do you still have any emotional quirks that you think holds you back?
Emotions F'ing up your trading plan is a big issue for a lot of traders. If
you can discuss your "mental demons", people like JUAN and others can
learn from it.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”