Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Starting at London open 2R
Attachments
EURUSDM5.08252020x1.png
EURUSDM5.08252020x1.png (40.62 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Second trade -1R
Attachments
EURUSDM5.08252020x2.png
EURUSDM5.08252020x2.png (40.16 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Third trade 1R
Attachments
EURUSDM5.08252020x3.png
EURUSDM5.08252020x3.png (40.74 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Fourth trade 1R start of US session
Attachments
EURUSDM5.08252020x4.png
EURUSDM5.08252020x4.png (42.44 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

ia1979
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Reputation: 5
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby ia1979 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Looks like today was a good day for the method. Are you beginning to favour 5 minute setups over 15? I think a while back 15 was the preferred choice.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Fun fact:

I ran the 12 ATR on the H1 chart for the EUR/USD
I placed a red line at London open 3am EST
As you can see after London opens the average size of the 1 hour candles increase
If you haven't guessed it already the peak is when London shuts down 12 noon EST

There is a slight increase in size when Frankfurt opens
Size decreases until end of day US session

I pretty much knew this from experience but here is a graph to give visual proof

This could help with trading decision depending on your style
Attachments
EURUSDH1Whenisthatmovement.png
EURUSDH1Whenisthatmovement.png (52.93 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Last edited by aliassmith on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:35 pm

ia1979 wrote:Looks like today was a good day for the method. Are you beginning to favour 5 minute setups over 15? I think a while back 15 was the preferred choice.


15 minutes works. I believe it was LEM that started using that TF on the EUR/AUD
LEM would have traded something like this last night
Attachments
EURAUDM15.08252020.png
EURAUDM15.08252020.png (45.05 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

ia1979
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Reputation: 5
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby ia1979 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:54 pm

aliassmith wrote:
ia1979 wrote:Looks like today was a good day for the method. Are you beginning to favour 5 minute setups over 15? I think a while back 15 was the preferred choice.


15 minutes works. I believe it was LEM that started using that TF on the EUR/AUD
LEM would have traded something like this last night


Yeah I saw that one afterwards. Happened at 8am here. I didn't sit down to trade until 10am. Will try the method on the 5 minute chart on EU tomorrow morning.

ia1979
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Reputation: 5
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby ia1979 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:57 pm

aliassmith wrote:Fun fact:

I ran the 12 ATR on the H1 chart for the EUR/USD
I placed a red line at London open 3pm EST
As you can see after London opens the average size of the 1 hour candles increase
If you haven't guessed it already the peak is when London shuts down 12 noon EST

There is a slight increase in size when Frankfurt opens
Size decreases until end of day US session

I pretty much knew this from experience but here is a graph to give visual proof

This could help with trading decision depending on your style


Thanks Alias. I'm guessing you mean London open at 3am EST?

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 774
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:02 am

ia1979 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Fun fact:

I ran the 12 ATR on the H1 chart for the EUR/USD
I placed a red line at London open 3pm EST
As you can see after London opens the average size of the 1 hour candles increase
If you haven't guessed it already the peak is when London shuts down 12 noon EST

There is a slight increase in size when Frankfurt opens
Size decreases until end of day US session

I pretty much knew this from experience but here is a graph to give visual proof

This could help with trading decision depending on your style


Thanks Alias. I'm guessing you mean London open at 3am EST?


Correct and edited
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”