Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

imparare
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Reputation: 8
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:40 pm

Similarly, previous days HL,MID looks good to me. In hindsight anyways. Need to feel it live.
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (31.36 KiB) Viewed 242 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2036
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:45 pm

aliassmith wrote:I added TRO MID DOT and the candle bias indies together to see if TRO's suggestion of using the mid points as a bias is usable.
Well I set the Dots on a H1 timeframe and the chart is on a M5 timeframe.
Looks like there are opportunities using this setup.


Is there really much of an advantage over the original, other than a cleaner chart with no, god-forbid, squiggleys on it? :roll:

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2036
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I added TRO MID DOT and the candle bias indies together to see if TRO's suggestion of using the mid points as a bias is usable.
Well I set the Dots on a H1 timeframe and the chart is on a M5 timeframe.
Looks like there are opportunities using this setup.


Is there really much of an advantage over the original, other than a cleaner chart with no, god-forbid, squiggleys on it? :roll:


In reality, should the squiggleys be truly so offensive, then it should be a simple enough job to code something that translates the colour change on the ma to a small, horizontal line, no?

imparare
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Reputation: 8
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 pm

aliassmith wrote:I added TRO MID DOT and the candle bias indies together to see if TRO's suggestion of using the mid points as a bias is usable.
Well I set the Dots on a H1 timeframe and the chart is on a M5 timeframe.
Looks like there are opportunities using this setup.



Which version of TRO MID DOT are you using? The only I have doesn't allow to change Timeframes. Thanks.

imparare
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Reputation: 8
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:35 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Been snowed running Gold-US and The DAX all day, side-by-side, so really grateful to be able to pretty much set-and-forget Dead Horse.

I hopped on board my usual EA and let it do its thing. It did just that, very nicely indeed and as I was in a kind of generous mood due to being a bit distracted, I managed a rare-for-me 1:2 hit.

EURAUDM15DeadHorsebringsithomeagain29thJune2020.png



Hi, In these type of set-and-forget trades, do you use a hard stop or do you hedge?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

imparare
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Reputation: 8
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Just thinking about the previous midpoint suggestion. A candle needs to close lower(or higher) to show a previous midpoint. For the 1hr example, So technically if price closes lower, we are automatically trading with this bias. I can't see the benefit yet, if you are trying to follow the trend.

The makes more sense if perhaps a trader if trying to get on the early reversal, but even then how often does price go all the way past the previous midpoint and drop all the way down forming a wick, intraday.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2036
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:19 pm

imparare wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Been snowed running Gold-US and The DAX all day, side-by-side, so really grateful to be able to pretty much set-and-forget Dead Horse.

I hopped on board my usual EA and let it do its thing. It did just that, very nicely indeed and as I was in a kind of generous mood due to being a bit distracted, I managed a rare-for-me 1:2 hit.

EURAUDM15DeadHorsebringsithomeagain29thJune2020.png



Hi, In these type of set-and-forget trades, do you use a hard stop or do you hedge?


I will very rarely just abandon any trade, so if I am in front of the screens and able to check how things are running, then I may hedge/counter, yes. However, if I do have to head out, or whatever, I am quite willing to just let it run with a hard stop.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2036
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 pm

imparare wrote:Just thinking about the previous midpoint suggestion. A candle needs to close lower(or higher) to show a previous midpoint. For the 1hr example, So technically if price closes lower, we are automatically trading with this bias. I can't see the benefit yet, if you are trying to follow the trend.

The makes more sense if perhaps a trader if trying to get on the early reversal, but even then how often does price go all the way past the previous midpoint and drop all the way down forming a wick, intraday.


Yeah, I'm having troubles with this as well. It may be one of these things that plays out so easily in real time but is difficult to imagine in hindsight or away from the live chart.

What is bugging me, is this:

Ok we have an H1 midpoint to our left.
That H1 closes and we drop to say the 5-min.
So, for example, the H1 midpoint is above the new price position.
When do we enter?
On the open of the 5-min candle? So we just go Short, then?
This grates on me, as using Wick-Zone processes, I would be looking at going Long, not Short, at least initially. Back into the body of the H1 candle.
So, do we just accept that there will likely be an immediate negative at every 5-min Open that we just have to ride out, looking for the trend to continue?

I remain to be convinced, or at least enlightened.

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2036
Gender: None specified

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:Just thinking about the previous midpoint suggestion. A candle needs to close lower(or higher) to show a previous midpoint. For the 1hr example, So technically if price closes lower, we are automatically trading with this bias. I can't see the benefit yet, if you are trying to follow the trend.

The makes more sense if perhaps a trader if trying to get on the early reversal, but even then how often does price go all the way past the previous midpoint and drop all the way down forming a wick, intraday.


Yeah, I'm having troubles with this as well. It may be one of these things that plays out so easily in real time but is difficult to imagine in hindsight or away from the live chart.

What is bugging me, is this:

Ok we have an H1 midpoint to our left.
That H1 closes and we drop to say the 5-min.
So, for example, the H1 midpoint is above the new price position.
When do we enter?
On the open of the 5-min candle? So we just go Short, then?
This grates on me, as using Wick-Zone processes, I would be looking at going Long, not Short, at least initially. Back into the body of the H1 candle.
So, do we just accept that there will likely be an immediate negative at every 5-min Open that we just have to ride out, looking for the trend to continue?

I remain to be convinced, or at least enlightened.


I should say, that with the above, I am not talking about using the MOMO Candles in the mix, simply that as originally imagined, the point was that no matter what method you were using, you trade away from the midpoint.

forexjpn
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm
Reputation: 69
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby forexjpn » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 pm

imparare wrote:Just thinking about the previous midpoint suggestion. A candle needs to close lower(or higher) to show a previous midpoint. For the 1hr example, So technically if price closes lower, we are automatically trading with this bias. I can't see the benefit yet, if you are trying to follow the trend.

The makes more sense if perhaps a trader if trying to get on the early reversal, but even then how often does price go all the way past the previous midpoint and drop all the way down forming a wick, intraday.


Sorry if I’m misunderstanding you, but the H1 midpoint is above the close (in a downtrend), so that allows for some retrace upward without changing the bias..... and we would enter on the reversal back in the direction of the bias, if it fits the criteria of Aliassmith’s entry.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”