A MUST VIEW

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

A MUST VIEW

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:43 pm

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WATCH THIS NOW!

I found this on another forum:

Originally Posted by OrionsWay

A little history lesson

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0256183936

LINK FIXED
Last edited by TheRumpledOne on Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

4x=0

Postby 4x=0 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Dang, both of your links are broken tro.. 404 error not found

In the mean time tho I'm going to take this opportunity to post these 2 incredible links that you should watch right now.

History lessons indeed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1969524094

Originally posted by 4x=0

zeller4

I'm gonna believe this is the link...

Postby zeller4 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:56 pm

obx

Postby obx » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:02 pm

"This first stage of the inflationary process may last for many years. While it lasts, the prices of many goods and services are not yet adjusted to the altered money relation. There are still people in the country who have not yet become aware of the fact that they are confronted with a price revolution which will finally result in a considerable rise of all prices, although the extent of this rise will not be the same in the various commodities and services. These people still believe that prices one day will drop. Waiting for this day, they restrict their purchases and concomitantly increase their cash holdings. As long as such ideas are still held by public opinion, it is not yet too late for the government to abandon its inflationary policy.
But then finally the masses wake up. They become suddenly aware of the fact that inflation is a deliberate policy and will go on endlessly. A breakdown occurs. The crack-up boom appears. Everybody is anxious to swap his money against "real" goods, no matter whether he needs them or not, no matter how much money he has to pay for them. Within a very short time, within a few weeks or even days, the things which were used as money are no longer used as media of exchange. They become scrap paper. Nobody wants to give away anything against them."

Ludvig Von Mises

michaelangela

Postby michaelangela » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 pm

I had this on in the background during the day today.

Man. No words.

For those who find it hard to wait the whole time for the one long video (Google timed out in the end), it has been split into two parts which folks may have noticed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1904832383
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0512239683

The good bit is that the videos can be downloaded. I haven't tested yet (they are still downloading...~650MB) but if you download the "iPod of PSP Videos" you get a .mp4 file which many software players can use. Quicktime, VLC, and others I am sure. Plus you don't have to download the Google video player program just to see these.

Mine stalled out not long before the "solutions" section which should be interesting. I knew getting into investing would be an education but... I had no idea the things I'd learn on the way.

Thanks for the links!

dgbones

Postby dgbones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello TRO,

You do not indicate if you agree or disagree with the points contended in the article. I thought it was interesting enough that I will check participants background and claims of historical fact. Trade well! DB

4x=0

Postby 4x=0 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 pm

Whether or not TRO agrees or disagrees is irrelevant! It's TRUE!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2995115331

This video has 3 parts

1. Religion
2. September11
3. The Federal Reserve.

Two Thumbs UP.

dgbones

Postby dgbones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:37 pm

So you agree then! Have you taken the producers on their word or do you have something to convince me to share your opinion?

TRO's opinion does matter as he posted the link and the question was an appeal for reasoned discussion. In this forum that would be like asking if you backtested a strategy, claimed theoretical results or actually made money.

So TRO's link that I watched only talked about the Fed during the first 35 minutes. It did pique interest and I will watch the entire production. Are the two other topics in that original 3+ hour video or is there something new to watch.

Interesting in context that anyones opinion would be minimized. I will watch your link as well. DB

dgbones

Postby dgbones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 pm

I am really smart. Thanks. I was not born that way. I had to question things and evaluate everything. The opinion minimized comment has to do with TRO's being irrelavent.

These videos (all of them) are largly based on a post-modern world view. I do not share most of that world view but I don't really want to debate it in this forum. I will say that the videos are very interesting and thought provoking...but in my opinion, mostly wrong. The logical constructs are mostly faulty and the historical representations are taken out of context...again my opinion. But , they are very interesting.

No offense intended what so ever.

I encourage anyone that cares to investigate on their own.

Gert Frobe

Postby Gert Frobe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:17 pm

i saw the vid all 3+ hrs of it, before anyone takes it as the full truth hook line and sinker here are three good books to read:

Mellon: An American Life (Hardcover)
by David Cannadine (Author)

Andrew Carnegie (Hardcover)
by David Nasaw (Author)

The Prize : The Epic Quest for Oil, Money & Power by Daniel Yergin (Paperback - Jan 1, 1993)

in the vid when they are talking about the banks creating money they fail to mention that the banks have to pay the over night fed funds rate so not quite the 50B windfall on buying the t-bills.

lol, i dont realy give a s**t if the vault at ft knox is pledged when the govt puts there full faith and credit on the line they in truth hocked up every thing the goverment has and that we own as people and corp. who have assets in or out of the USA.

its funny while i sit back and burn a littel bit of cuban fields, that are in my cigar; and think how much i think really own but in reality we realy don't own anything.

airball

for the edit post i changed the two books to three books.
Last edited by Gert Frobe on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”