2012 DRAIN THE BANKS LIKE A RAT .... CONTINUED

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Humble
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Humble » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:58 am

LittleKnown wrote:Brandx buddy why you been so negative, hardly going to be not happy trading microlots to practice a concept after of course the demo test. Stop being a nob, in your 28 posts what have you brought to the table? :roll:


Seems like Brandx spent more time preparing the chart than you spent looking at it!

Consider:
1/. The direction is down.
2/. A trader entered long and made $ on what was likely to only be a pull back. (Look at the memo.)
3/. Look to the left to see where he could have taken his profit.
4/. A red rat enters about where the long trader should have exited and takes his profit (plus the amount of his S/L).

As MO says if you can see loss you can see profit.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

coobin
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Re: I do not understand

Postby coobin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 am

BrandX wrote:
coobin wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
One trick that you can use (assuming you trade 3 lots) is to place a limit order for 2 lots (15 pips = 2%) and when(?) price blows through it set a sell stop for 1 lot at the entry price (10 pips = 2%).
You still have a 10 pip stop but you had 15 pips of room while you were wiggling your way into a trade.



Hi All

Can somebody please explain me that strategy?

I do not quite get the point here.

Coobin


I drew a chart to help you visualize it, hope it helps.




Thanks BrandX for helping me out.

pjaikins
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:58 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Question on Entry Point in Buy Zone for Rats

Postby pjaikins » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 pm

TRO,
Below you mentioned to get in within the 20 pips of the Buy Zone. My question is, if the trigger is close to the top of the 20 pip buy zone do you stay out or still get in?

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low (ClLo < 20) - that is OPPORTUNITY

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS.

THINK ABOUT IT!!


<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

LittleKnown
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby LittleKnown » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Humble wrote:
LittleKnown wrote:Brandx buddy why you been so negative, hardly going to be not happy trading microlots to practice a concept after of course the demo test. Stop being a nob, in your 28 posts what have you brought to the table? :roll:


Seems like Brandx spent more time preparing the chart than you spent looking at it!

Consider:
1/. The direction is down.
2/. A trader entered long and made $ on what was likely to only be a pull back. (Look at the memo.)
3/. Look to the left to see where he could have taken his profit.
4/. A red rat enters about where the long trader should have exited and takes his profit (plus the amount of his S/L).

As MO says if you can see loss you can see profit.


Which chart are you on about there are two, one with smilies and one snagged from tradestation, both have rat trades in them, using extra lots is to do with the space wars concept and I haven't had time to fully appreciate it. Was just thinking don't knock it till ya tried it. Anyone who trades some idea with full size positions without testing the water first is likely to be chewed up and spat out. Maybe I misinterpreted something?

BrandX
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

DTB Rat Trader

Postby BrandX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Rat trading w/self adjusting buy/sell zones.
Now that I have a good grasp on this method, no other can come close.
Last edited by BrandX on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Re: DTB Rat Trader

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 pm

BrandX wrote:Rat trading w/self adjusting buy/sell zones.
Now that I have a good grasp on this method, no other can come close.




Squiggly lines, why didn't I think of that? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08

dparke1
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

How many pips do you make with this method??

Postby dparke1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 pm

So I am sure I am going to get blasted for asking this question...but I have read most of the DTB threads and been studying the method. I see people posting individual trades but no one posting how many pips they have made over a consistent time frame. Would anyone be willing to share approximately how many pips they made in the last few months/year with this method only!

Thanks

BrandX
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Re: How many pips do you make with this method??

Postby BrandX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 pm

dparke1 wrote:So I am sure I am going to get blasted for asking this question...but I have read most of the DTB threads and been studying the method. I see people posting individual trades but no one posting how many pips they have made over a consistent time frame. Would anyone be willing to share approximately how many pips they made in the last few months/year with this method only!

Thanks


Pips gained will not really tell you a lot about a trading method. A better indicator would be the percentage gain. The DTB Rat method is averaging @ a little less than 2% daily for me.
I am not trading aggressively at this time, my trading day is started by the first alert after my speakers power on. This is usually between 04:00 to 05:30. I usually quit trading by 11:00.
I think an aggressive trader could drive the % up around 4% easily.
I would recommend you take this method for a test drive and see for yourself. There are a lot of friendly good traders here and a few not so good traders, but they keep the place lively. :>)

BrandX
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Re: DTB Rat Trader

Postby BrandX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 am

MightyOne wrote:
BrandX wrote:Rat trading w/self adjusting buy/sell zones.
Now that I have a good grasp on this method, no other can come close.




Squiggly lines, why didn't I think of that? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08


Honey Badger, I see your still miffed at my pointing out the inherent flaws of your "Eyes, Blow, Wiggle" or whatever it is strategy. Honestly, the way it is layed out, it is useless regarding profit taking and protecting capital. Can you see that?

Now, there is a possibility that am totally wrong, so I suggest that you post a chart along side my last one and point out the lack of razor sharp entry/exits and how it would be a total loser.
Then point out on yours the vastly superior entry/exits and how it is a total winner. Remember to apply verbatim your E.B.W. strategy.

nickohorny
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Midlands
Gender: Male

Postby nickohorny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Hey there TRO!

I remember along time ago when I found you and started reading your methods of trading I stumbled upon a strategy u used called 'buzzard reversals'. I wish to go back to that and try trading that particular method now, I have your 2010 and 2011 donatinal indis and also the motherlodes but I cannot find the indicators showing the dashboard for buzzard H1 reversals and the stats of last 960 bars (see pics below)
Please could u help me in finding them?

I am sorry to post this here on the DTB rat reversal thread but couldn't see any suitable thread to post it on and you are always active here

Thanks!
Nick

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”