2010.09.23 A NEW RAT IS IN TOWN

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pika

Postby pika » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi TerminalIndicator,

I think many will appreciate your postings if you can share more explicitly what you know rather than going a big round to bash TRO. Right, even if what TRO has shared is nothing new and is common sense, people appreciate what he shared. He has helped others who had wanted some tools/indicators without expecting anything back in return as he has not hidden how he code his indicators. Can you do something similar?

I don't know who TRO is and I'm not here to sing his praises. I'm here to learn and share what little I know. If you have the same spirit I believe many will welcome you, but if you are only here to boast about yourself and run down others, I think it's just wasting everybody's time. Life is short, time is precious. Please do something more meaningful. Thank you.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Double Post
Last edited by tmanbone on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Triple.

T

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Im sure TerminalIndicator will get to the point in his own good time, all hes really said about the rat so far is some reasoning of why some guys get smacked around some.

If hes got a method of showing where the (eg) daily extremes are likely to be then Im all ears.... providing his posts go beyond what Id expect to find in a landing page.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Welcome Terminal. No disrespect to you. Thanks for your ideas.

T

TerminalIndicator

Postby TerminalIndicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 pm

forexbob wrote:
TerminalIndicator wrote:
It was Einstein, who once said, that a problem cannot be solved at the level on which it was created.

reminds me indeed of signalbender,

ofcourse whatever you call the method is NOT important, also that it is as old as 'the road to rome' etc etc..
in the end only matters if you are profitable.

not to offend you, but i do not read anything new in your posts, cq how
you think things can be improved.

Interesting. A paraphrase from Einstein, reminds you of something called a "signal bender." Well, Einstein, was a master "signal bender" - if I'm reading that correctly - as he literally bent the rules and changed how the world thinks about certain things. There have been some world renowned cases in science, where a Rat, thinks he's stealing the cheese from the one who taught him everything he knows. Only to find out later that you can't outsmart the teacher - you can only learn from the teacher, as long as the teacher continues to expand their knowledge. I would estimate that just about anything that cuts against your grain, is probably something that reminds you of something you can't explain or don't like.

No offense taken. Why would I be offended. Offense is only taken when one knows full well that he stands on an inferior premise. Since I created the very indicator that's being touted on this site as almost being the holy grail, many moons ago, why on earth would I also be in possession of an inferior premise on this subject. I authored the subject - long before this site was constructed.

But, alas. I must give credit where credit is due - if credit is indeed due.

I'm most certainly not the originator of trading fundamental Retracements of Upper and Lower Shadows in larger time frames, from smaller time frames - that's older than I am. However, I might (I'd have to do some study on the history of the matter) be the originator of the indicator that specifically takes the pulse of what's going on inside the Upper and Lower Shadows. Chances are, however, I'm not the first - though I could be. I just have a hard time believing that somebody, years before me, had not already beat me to the punch, but has decided to keep the matter silent - for whatever reason they deem appropriate.

Still, Rat trading? Pirates? Robbing Banks? New??? Come on.... get real. You are trading Retracement Shadows. Nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, the bottom line is whether or not one is profitable as that is the only true measure of success as a trader. And, on that score, I won't even comment on where I am, or the level at which I trade. You would not believe it, even if I told you. If I posted a photocopied statement (one of several) you would conclude that it was somehow doctored. So, I won't even pretend that I'm going down the road.

All I'm saying is that being a Rat, is nothing new. Its very cool, but it offers more Whiplash than it does IronMan. Can Whip be profitable? Sure. Is Whip more optimal than IronMan..... LOL, what do you think.

I'm simply saying that to see an entire website/forum, dedicated to that which I (most likely) built an indicator for eons ago - is rather, is somewhat "entertaining." There's nothing wrong with it from a Grammar School Trader standpoint, but my goodness, some of the arrogant slogans I see strung about this forum on the subject, make it seem like the idea just came down from on high and was "doled out" through Moses himself, like so many ten "commandments". That's what I find so, "entertaining."

Don't stop the Rat. Long live the Rat! And, please, as more of my senior 'partners' begin to take notice of this forum, for goodness sakes, don't stop the Big Cheese Wiz from doing his thang. Its precious to watch unfold.

TerminalIndicator

Postby TerminalIndicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Toccata 1 wrote:Hi TerminalIndicator,

"the intersection of the asymmetry relationship between Price over Time". Sounds very interesting, but I'm confused. Can you explane us some more about that, please? What are we looking for to see this?
Thanks.

Hey Razor1,

I won't give it away - - and I will only answer questions with questions. I'll "steal" a page from the Big Cheese Wiz on that note.

Here's the question:

What does the bar of market data have in common with price? (the answer can be given in one single word)

Oh, boy! If you nail that little puppy down, you will tear into a whole new kind of 'indicator' to code.

Ponder it - probe it - poke it - but whatever you do, don't fail to understand it. Else, you'll be getting Whiplashed for a lifetime by giant cheese seeking Rats. :lol:

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:39 pm

TerminalIndicator wrote:......

Still, Rat trading? Pirates? Robbing Banks? New??? Come on.... get real. You are trading Retracement Shadows. Nothing more and nothing less.

.... I won't even comment on where I am, or the level at which I trade. You would not believe it, even if I told you....

WOW! I have become enlightened! It's not Rats! It's Shadows!!

Thank you, SignalIndicator, I mean TerminalBender, Einstein, whoever you are.

I'm gonna go sit under that tree over there for a while....

TerminalIndicator

Postby TerminalIndicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:52 pm

tmanbone wrote:We prefer maze's over wheels. Can the wheel caged rat do cartwheels?

Right, left or http://admissions.yale.edu/freshman?

You never mentioned trading one direction. Did you miss it?
Thanks,

Ok, look. Staaaaaaatistically, there is a sliiiiiiiight edge in trading one direction over another. Been there, done that Rat before. I gave birth to the little creature, remember. I know a lot about his behavior, his norms, his attitude problem and his arrogant demeanor.

Furthermore, would you trust your cash to a fresh Yale graduate? I wouldn't. So, when we create the strawman and then proceed to knock down the strawman, what are we really doing anyway?

Different question, same context. Would you trust your money to Yale graduate, having spent the eons necessary to find out why the Rat succeeds and then how to far exceed that performance level? You might, indeed. Why? Because, the former Yale grad as been where the Rat has been, seen what the Rat has seen, learned what the Rat has learned and knows full well why, where and when the Rat is going to fail.

So, much for the Rat being more successful than the Yale grad, who now runs a multi-million dollar business entity, by getting there before the Rat does, and getting out before the Rat can raise its tail.

Look, there's nothing inherently wrong with the Rat (minus the Whiplash and the periodic doctors visits). I'm simply saying the Rat is a primal motif.

IronMan? He's the future - ironically, in more ways than one.

TerminalIndicator

Postby TerminalIndicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:
TerminalIndicator wrote:......WOW! I have become enlightened!

Really, have you? Post another pic of "opportunity" for me, LOL. :D

You go right on continuing to handle Rats. Just don't forget to always wear a neck-brace and remember to take your Rabies shot! Some hand sanitizer will also help, but make sure you take a good shower before coming home from work. :wink:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”