I use more or less the take profit approach that you quoted from TRO in page 102:
I know the feeling.
What I do is protect ME from ME.
AT +5 pips, I will be ready to bail at +3 if price pulls back.
At +10 pips, I will enter a trailing stop of 4 or 5 pips.
**At +15, I will cancel the trailing stop and enter a hard stop at +10.
**Then I will move the hard stop up if price moves up.
At +25, I may move the hard stop up to +25 or to a price ending in 0 or 9.
Sometimes, I may exit 1/2 of my position at +20 to lock in a 1% gain.
The idea is to be CONSISTENT. You'll miss out sometimes, but you only need ONE big run and you are done for the day.
Remember, the daily goal is 2% or more and DO NOT OVER TRADE.
(sometimes I close 90% of the position when 10 pips are won and I let the remaining 10% open with SL at breakeven).
Perhaps I was lucky finding less losers than you because I can only trade part time.
I'm not yet a profitable trader, but TRO strategies are the winners, being the losers when I forget that I am A SCALPER, and I have to catch what I can instead of allowing a winner become a loser thinking that the trade will become profitable again.