TheRumpledOne wrote:YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!
Utterly, utterly sad.
tfg wrote:Avery, two questions:
1. the entry price 1.3017 is above, not within, 20 pips of daily low. Is this still a valid trade?
2. The low wick of the signal candle is larger than 10 pips. I guess when the candle first appeared, price first went down, then it went back up to hit 1.3017 where you took the trade? Otherwise, it would have hit your 10 pips stop and therefore, a losing trade.
"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.
The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."
P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)
"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)
2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden
1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.