USD70+K from ZERO in 16 weeks...

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
bredin
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby bredin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 am

This thread has been most entertaining, a true soap-opera. I was especially saddened when nikita was hit by that train... such a tragic ending that I truly didnt see coming.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 am

bredin wrote:This thread has been most entertaining, a true soap-opera. I was especially saddened when nikita was hit by that train... such a tragic ending that I truly didnt see coming.

G.


:shock: :lol:

I know this story... She comes back to life, but it is in fact her half sister, who has vowed revenge... Oh look! another train... :shock: now she's gone too... :cry:

Image

pika
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby pika » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am

Whether luminousneo is really keen to share and help others or just creating this topic with the motive to divert traffic to his own forum has nothing to do with the method he has shared hitherto. Whether he is truly profitable or not is also not the sole criteria to evaluate a method. It is how one executes the plan and this comes with knowledge and experience. I don't see this thread as a waste even if the author has stopped posting, as we can still discuss the idea. What I wish to highlight is some of my perspectives regarding MA for fellow traders to ponder which they may integrate into their trading strategies if the concepts can make sense.

1. Many traders sneered at the use of MA crossover simply because they regard it as a lagging indicator. This is true but isn't it as true that whichever method we use, we can only look at past data to formulate our entry/exit rules? As put forth by TRO, the only real price action chart is the tick chart, but I think hardly any PA traders would trade solely on the tick chart.

2. Support/Resistance level, or some would term that as Demand/Supply area which PA traders are fond of. Sure, there is merit with this approach, but again, isn't this a phenomenon of historical action? The longer or more frequent price struggles at a level, the stronger that level would be as a S/R. Some traders uses MA line and call that a "dynamic S/R", when price has a tendency to bounce off at levels near MA lines of 20, 50 and 100 periods. Not always, but frequent enough to catch our attention. Nevertheless, we should not be mistaken that prices are sticky around those levels because they are near the MA lines, but rather it's the other way round.

3. Trendline - PA traders like to draw trendlines and decide to enter or exit a trade once price has broken through or crossed the line. Now a MA line can do the same when price moves nicely in a channel after leaving the S/R zones. Once price has decided to take a direction and move strongly, the MA line becomes almost straight and defines the path of least resistance until price begins to flatten out or reverse at the next S/R level. Others may use linear regression lines or channels to trace the trend. It doesn't matter, they are all doing the same thing and straight enough for the purpose.

4. Wave counts/ Fibo - We all know price will not move in a straight line even when it's trending but in waves. A "retracement" on a higher timeframe is a "trend" on a shorter one. PA traders, Rats and Yale students alike all need "trends" to make profits, and we all want the best price possible - buy low sell high as the saying goes. So we all wish to enter and exit a trade at or near the top or trough of a wave. If we know the average distance of the waveform from the trendline or MA line, it will be consistent with the objective to get a better price. Others may use the Bollinger Bands indicator as a guide to determine this since it is a statistical measure based also on the MA line. Again, it doesn't matter, the purpose is the same.

I hope what I've said makes sense in its own right. I don't think we should insist that there is only one way to trade. One may be consistently profitable with a method and has decided to shut out all other ways, but this doesn't prove that other methods don't work. We use "indicators" in one way or another. It is in knowing the behaviour of these "indicators" and exploiting the information from them skillfully that we can better trade with the price action, but not to think that we can find the holy grail. It takes effort for people to share and post illustrations, so I hope we can at least respect the work done even if we disagree with the idea. Most of the time, we may be seeing and understanding things in the same way, but it is our inability or limitation to articulate or define things clearly that results in a lot of heated arguments. Asking questions, exchanging ideas, sharing experiences, contributing "indicators" freely, are what is value adding to the forum IMO. As the forum matures, I hope its participants will also.

Dear moderator, if you are true to the spirit to keep this forum focused on trading, I suggest you should consider deleting contents that are personal in nature, and to ban members who are perpetuating such posts. I've joined this forum because I thought it more professional than others. I hope I'm right. Thank you.

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby Jalarupa » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 am

pika wrote:Dear moderator, if you are true to the spirit to keep this forum focused on trading, I suggest you should consider deleting contents that are personal in nature, and to ban members who are perpetuating such posts. I've joined this forum because I thought it more professional than others. I hope I'm right. Thank you.


Don't worry I have already received my warning to stay on topic... hence why I posted a trade using the 200SMA... ;-)

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11430
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 am

"I've joined this forum because I thought it more professional than others. I hope I'm right. "

Yes, we pirates run a pretty tight ship. We usually don't have to use the ban button.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
dragon33
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby dragon33 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 pm

pika wrote:Whether luminousneo is really keen to share and help others or just creating this topic with the motive to divert traffic to his own forum has nothing to do with the method he has shared hitherto. Whether he is truly profitable or not is also not the sole criteria to evaluate a method. It is how one executes the plan and this comes with knowledge and experience. I don't see this thread as a waste even if the author has stopped posting, as we can still discuss the idea. What I wish to highlight is some of my perspectives regarding MA for fellow traders to ponder which they may integrate into their trading strategies if the concepts can make sense.

1. Many traders sneered at the use of MA crossover simply because they regard it as a lagging indicator. This is true but isn't it as true that whichever method we use, we can only look at past data to formulate our entry/exit rules? As put forth by TRO, the only real price action chart is the tick chart, but I think hardly any PA traders would trade solely on the tick chart.

2. Support/Resistance level, or some would term that as Demand/Supply area which PA traders are fond of. Sure, there is merit with this approach, but again, isn't this a phenomenon of historical action? The longer or more frequent price struggles at a level, the stronger that level would be as a S/R. Some traders uses MA line and call that a "dynamic S/R", when price has a tendency to bounce off at levels near MA lines of 20, 50 and 100 periods. Not always, but frequent enough to catch our attention. Nevertheless, we should not be mistaken that prices are sticky around those levels because they are near the MA lines, but rather it's the other way round.

3. Trendline - PA traders like to draw trendlines and decide to enter or exit a trade once price has broken through or crossed the line. Now a MA line can do the same when price moves nicely in a channel after leaving the S/R zones. Once price has decided to take a direction and move strongly, the MA line becomes almost straight and defines the path of least resistance until price begins to flatten out or reverse at the next S/R level. Others may use linear regression lines or channels to trace the trend. It doesn't matter, they are all doing the same thing and straight enough for the purpose.

4. Wave counts/ Fibo - We all know price will not move in a straight line even when it's trending but in waves. A "retracement" on a higher timeframe is a "trend" on a shorter one. PA traders, Rats and Yale students alike all need "trends" to make profits, and we all want the best price possible - buy low sell high as the saying goes. So we all wish to enter and exit a trade at or near the top or trough of a wave. If we know the average distance of the waveform from the trendline or MA line, it will be consistent with the objective to get a better price. Others may use the Bollinger Bands indicator as a guide to determine this since it is a statistical measure based also on the MA line. Again, it doesn't matter, the purpose is the same.

I hope what I've said makes sense in its own right. I don't think we should insist that there is only one way to trade. One may be consistently profitable with a method and has decided to shut out all other ways, but this doesn't prove that other methods don't work. We use "indicators" in one way or another. It is in knowing the behaviour of these "indicators" and exploiting the information from them skillfully that we can better trade with the price action, but not to think that we can find the holy grail. It takes effort for people to share and post illustrations, so I hope we can at least respect the work done even if we disagree with the idea. Most of the time, we may be seeing and understanding things in the same way, but it is our inability or limitation to articulate or define things clearly that results in a lot of heated arguments. Asking questions, exchanging ideas, sharing experiences, contributing "indicators" freely, are what is value adding to the forum IMO. As the forum matures, I hope its participants will also.

Dear moderator, if you are true to the spirit to keep this forum focused on trading, I suggest you should consider deleting contents that are personal in nature, and to ban members who are perpetuating such posts. I've joined this forum because I thought it more professional than others. I hope I'm right. Thank you.


I must admit that this post is right on top.
It does not matter if you use a SQUIGGLY line or a HORIZONTAL line every decision made is correctly on historic data and it seems that some people do not understand that.

I start to thinking that a lot of people here are just runners after the real traders. It is easy to manipulate a picture and say hey i'm in this one. Hey i got 400 pips. From my experience i can tell that it is absolutly not easy to hold for 400 pips. I think i can count those people on one hand. I like results and those where showed right here in this thread. If that statement was real doesn't matter but i only believe people who are prepared to show there gains.

When i was posting a lot of people couldn't believe that you really could make money trading and that's why i started showing my statement. I can tell without i lie that there are just a few traders on this board who can make money for real.

Conclusion: stupid for the attack on this thread some of the members here maybe could started trading with profit :roll:

PS: if this happens one more time such attack without any reason i will leave this board for good. There was no reason for and hate this.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

User avatar
rushN4
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:04 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Jochen
Gender: Male

Postby rushN4 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 pm

dragon33 wrote:
pika wrote:Whether luminousneo is really keen to share and help others or just creating this topic with the motive to divert traffic to his own forum has nothing to do with the method he has shared hitherto. Whether he is truly profitable or not is also not the sole criteria to evaluate a method. It is how one executes the plan and this comes with knowledge and experience. I don't see this thread as a waste even if the author has stopped posting, as we can still discuss the idea. What I wish to highlight is some of my perspectives regarding MA for fellow traders to ponder which they may integrate into their trading strategies if the concepts can make sense.

1. Many traders sneered at the use of MA crossover simply because they regard it as a lagging indicator. This is true but isn't it as true that whichever method we use, we can only look at past data to formulate our entry/exit rules? As put forth by TRO, the only real price action chart is the tick chart, but I think hardly any PA traders would trade solely on the tick chart.

2. Support/Resistance level, or some would term that as Demand/Supply area which PA traders are fond of. Sure, there is merit with this approach, but again, isn't this a phenomenon of historical action? The longer or more frequent price struggles at a level, the stronger that level would be as a S/R. Some traders uses MA line and call that a "dynamic S/R", when price has a tendency to bounce off at levels near MA lines of 20, 50 and 100 periods. Not always, but frequent enough to catch our attention. Nevertheless, we should not be mistaken that prices are sticky around those levels because they are near the MA lines, but rather it's the other way round.

3. Trendline - PA traders like to draw trendlines and decide to enter or exit a trade once price has broken through or crossed the line. Now a MA line can do the same when price moves nicely in a channel after leaving the S/R zones. Once price has decided to take a direction and move strongly, the MA line becomes almost straight and defines the path of least resistance until price begins to flatten out or reverse at the next S/R level. Others may use linear regression lines or channels to trace the trend. It doesn't matter, they are all doing the same thing and straight enough for the purpose.

4. Wave counts/ Fibo - We all know price will not move in a straight line even when it's trending but in waves. A "retracement" on a higher timeframe is a "trend" on a shorter one. PA traders, Rats and Yale students alike all need "trends" to make profits, and we all want the best price possible - buy low sell high as the saying goes. So we all wish to enter and exit a trade at or near the top or trough of a wave. If we know the average distance of the waveform from the trendline or MA line, it will be consistent with the objective to get a better price. Others may use the Bollinger Bands indicator as a guide to determine this since it is a statistical measure based also on the MA line. Again, it doesn't matter, the purpose is the same.

I hope what I've said makes sense in its own right. I don't think we should insist that there is only one way to trade. One may be consistently profitable with a method and has decided to shut out all other ways, but this doesn't prove that other methods don't work. We use "indicators" in one way or another. It is in knowing the behaviour of these "indicators" and exploiting the information from them skillfully that we can better trade with the price action, but not to think that we can find the holy grail. It takes effort for people to share and post illustrations, so I hope we can at least respect the work done even if we disagree with the idea. Most of the time, we may be seeing and understanding things in the same way, but it is our inability or limitation to articulate or define things clearly that results in a lot of heated arguments. Asking questions, exchanging ideas, sharing experiences, contributing "indicators" freely, are what is value adding to the forum IMO. As the forum matures, I hope its participants will also.

Dear moderator, if you are true to the spirit to keep this forum focused on trading, I suggest you should consider deleting contents that are personal in nature, and to ban members who are perpetuating such posts. I've joined this forum because I thought it more professional than others. I hope I'm right. Thank you.


I must admit that this post is right on top.
It does not matter if you use a SQUIGGLY line or a HORIZONTAL line every decision made is correctly on historic data and it seems that some people do not understand that.

I start to thinking that a lot of people here are just runners after the real traders. It is easy to manipulate a picture and say hey i'm in this one. Hey i got 400 pips. From my experience i can tell that it is absolutly not easy to hold for 400 pips. I think i can count those people on one hand. I like results and those where showed right here in this thread. If that statement was real doesn't matter but i only believe people who are prepared to show there gains.

When i was posting a lot of people couldn't believe that you really could make money trading and that's why i started showing my statement. I can tell without i lie that there are just a few traders on this board who can make money for real.

Conclusion: stupid for the attack on this thread some of the members here maybe could started trading with profit :roll:

PS: if this happens one more time such attack without any reason i will leave this board for good. There was no reason for and hate this.





You are absolutly right dragon.

still dont understand why lumi got banned....i never have seen someone getting banned on kreslik.


:roll:
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

BrandX
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby BrandX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

"You are absolutely right dragon.
still don't understand why lumi got banned....i never have seen someone getting banned on kreslik."
_____________________________________________________________
He came back on the board as kyrptons27, posted and TRO requested him to stay on topic. Apparently, he doesn't want to play by the rules.

"*** OFF TOPIC PART REMOVED by TheRumpledOne ***
If you really want to help, stick to posting about trading.
FINAL WARNING... LAST CHANCE"

User avatar
newschool
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby newschool » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Indeed why is he banned? I traded MAs myself in the past and he seemed to me a very enthusiastic trader as I also was, thats usually with this attitude good things happen in the future.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11430
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 am

Please stay on the topic of TRADING. All other commentary is OFF TOPIC.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “strategy trading & money management”