Supply and Demand

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

DMC_investor
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:10 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Supply and Demand

Postby DMC_investor » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:22 am

Hello everyone, I recently found a new to me process/system for trading, but then again almost everything is new to me and I am looking for feedback. The company name is, The Scientific Investor. An Institute For Supply/Demand Based Analysis. http://www.thescientificinvestor.com/main.htm. It is operated by Sam Seiden, and his take on the market is quite different than anybody I have found anywhere. After watching his videos and reading all I can find on this method I removed all my oscillator but kept the support and resistance indicators This looks like it could work. Has anyone looked into this before?

Thanks

Mark

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jhtumblin
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Atlanta, GA
Gender: None specified

Postby jhtumblin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Supply and demand absolutely work when trading in the market. The only problem lies therein when trying to discover which levels are supply and which are demand and at what times accumulation and distribution happen that turn former supply into demand and vice-versa. It is also sometimes hard to determine where the support or resistance has broken. And how long you should stay in the trade to see if the broken levels are only temporary.

It is definitely a discretionary system, I have used supply and demand for years. I am not sure how the scientific investor goes about identifying these price levels but if you put enough study into the market you desire to trade, you will eventually develop a feel for how it moves, and subsequently where supply and demand forms.

DMC_investor
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:10 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Female

Postby DMC_investor » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:58 pm

Thanks for the feed back

Mark

dmcst
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:24 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Help with this supply and demand indicator

Postby dmcst » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:02 am

I use this zigzagsuri indicator to help identify pivot points but I have a couple of issues I

cant figure out how to fix.

First are the fib retracement percentage lines on the right side of the chart these lines

extend into the chart based on some dynamic information and they clutter up the area of

my candles. Is there a way to make them a static length like .5” or .25”?

2nd issue is the lower study, it does not seem to plot any information other than the

parameters of the study, this just takes up chart space. I usually pull it down to the bottom

of the page but it would be nice to just hide it. Any help with this indicator is greatly

appreciated.
Mark
Attachments
ZIGZAGSURI.ELD
zigzagsuri indicator
(16.5 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11396
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:53 pm

I am in Cabo and using the hotel's computer and can't download the code.

But for the bottom indicator being "blank", format the colors... I would bet that's the problem. That's one reason why I usually make the colors inputs!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dmcst
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:24 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby dmcst » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:09 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:I am in Cabo and using the hotel's computer and can't download the code.

But for the bottom indicator being "blank", format the colors... I would bet that's the problem. That's one reason why I usually make the colors inputs!


When you get back from Cabo would you, could you, and will you please just eliminate the bottom indicator for me I would appreciate it, I would rather have the chart space.
Enjoy Cabo
Mark
PS I did dl the big picture trading strategy and all I can say is nice work! I find it hard to believe your comments regarding forex dealers. Not that I don’t believe it. I am just naive I just don’t want to believe it. I am switching brokers though. I used your name as my reference.
enjoy
I feel a lot more like I do now, than I did a minute ago.

bye

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11396
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:36 pm

What don't you want to believe?

You are on the internet. It is so simple to verify things for yourself.

You don't have to "believe".. YOU CAN KNOW FOR SURE!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

dmcst
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:24 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby dmcst » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:27 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:What don't you want to believe?

You are on the internet. It is so simple to verify things for yourself.

You don't have to "believe".. YOU CAN KNOW FOR SURE!


I do believe.
Have a good one.
Mark

fatdog1
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby fatdog1 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:07 am

The website, thescientific investor.com is now officially closed.

Ok, I have a confession to make.

The man, Sam Seiden is a true pioneer.
He is my teacher.
I am his number one student.
I never mentioned him in any of my posts before because his

information is his and his alone to distribute.
I will say that everything else out their is inferior to his analysis.
His analysis is based on the movement of price, period.
Everything else out their is a derivative of the movement of price.
Every indicator posted here is a derivative of the movement of

price.
That only means that I am selling when you are buying.
My risk is always going to be very small compared to yours.
The first time back to an area of peak supply or peak demand is

the highest odds, lowest risk trade possible.

Sam Seiden should go down as the greatest trader of all times.
Believe me, he won't.

Since we are human, it is very, very diffucult to enter a long trade
when all the candles are all red or a short trade when all the

candles are all green.

Yet, my best trades are those trades that are entered when price

enters an area of peak supply or peak demand due to news or

earnings, ect.

In other words, I am buying in areas where I can objectively

determine that the number of willing buyers exceeds the number of

willing seller.

The key word is objective, not subjective which is what most

technical analysis is based on.

Look at the July, 2006 issue of SFO magazine and you will see

several of my stock trades mentioned in Sam's article.
Sam trades stock, bond and currency futures mosty, and I am his
stock trader for his fund of funds.

Each one of those stock trades in that article are based on what

Sam taught me.

Price trades between areas of supply and demand until either the

buyers are absorbed and price moves lower or the sellers are

absorbed and price moves higher.

I have attempted to write a strategy based on entries at levels of

peak supply and demand and have told the computer to look for
information base on Stan Weinstein's book from 1987 since it is
the closest explaination of what to look for.

Make no mistake about this, Sam Seiden is the best.
He just prefers to trade for his clients and coach hockey for his son

than to teach his method to the masses.

I am very fortunate to have learned, first hand, from him.

I will never explain what I know to the masses because it is my

trading edge.

All traders need an edge.

Good luck.
FD1

dmcst
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:24 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby dmcst » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:22 pm

fatdog1 wrote:The website, thescientific investor.com is now officially closed.

Ok, I have a confession to make.

The man, Sam Seiden is a true pioneer.
He is my teacher.
I am his number one student.
I never mentioned him in any of my posts before because his

information is his and his alone to distribute.
I will say that everything else out their is inferior to his analysis.
His analysis is based on the movement of price, period.
Everything else out their is a derivative of the movement of price.
Every indicator posted here is a derivative of the movement of

price.
That only means that I am selling when you are buying.
My risk is always going to be very small compared to yours.
The first time back to an area of peak supply or peak demand is

the highest odds, lowest risk trade possible.

Sam Seiden should go down as the greatest trader of all times.
Believe me, he won't.

Since we are human, it is very, very diffucult to enter a long trade
when all the candles are all red or a short trade when all the

candles are all green.

Yet, my best trades are those trades that are entered when price

enters an area of peak supply or peak demand due to news or

earnings, ect.

In other words, I am buying in areas where I can objectively

determine that the number of willing buyers exceeds the number of

willing seller.

The key word is objective, not subjective which is what most

technical analysis is based on.

Look at the July, 2006 issue of SFO magazine and you will see

several of my stock trades mentioned in Sam's article.
Sam trades stock, bond and currency futures mosty, and I am his
stock trader for his fund of funds.

Each one of those stock trades in that article are based on what

Sam taught me.

Price trades between areas of supply and demand until either the

buyers are absorbed and price moves lower or the sellers are

absorbed and price moves higher.

I have attempted to write a strategy based on entries at levels of

peak supply and demand and have told the computer to look for
information base on Stan Weinstein's book from 1987 since it is
the closest explaination of what to look for.

Make no mistake about this, Sam Seiden is the best.
He just prefers to trade for his clients and coach hockey for his son

than to teach his method to the masses.

I am very fortunate to have learned, first hand, from him.

I will never explain what I know to the masses because it is my

trading edge.

All traders need an edge.

Good luck.
FD1


Thanks for the info, I think his partner Bob is going carry on in some form. I am

interested in learning more about this method I have consumed everything I can find on

this topic, there is an article in a trade magazine that got me started on this quest. I started

to put together this indicator system above to help me quickly identify the chart patterns.

Thanks again for your feedback and I am sorry Sam has left the building.

Mark

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “strategy trading & money management”